NA Miata Passenger Door Liner and Handle

Feeling generous?
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

NA Miata Passenger Door Liner and Handle

Post by david.valeri »

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 15512.html

Ferris gets first dibs if he wants it back. It didn't really meet my needs so I don't want it either.
ferris

Re: NA Miata Passenger Door Liner and Handle

Post by ferris »

Make no mistake ... I don't want it back

Sorry it didn't work for you and then you had to store it.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

David, I can help you make new door panel lowers if you want. I made a pair for my car and covered it in black vinyl. It's a good Saturday project and it doesn't cost much. I did it to get rid of the annoying plastic speaker grills on the 1.6 and because I deleted the arm rest for more clearance and wanted things to look tidy. You could also make simple door panels from ABS sheet. Instead of using the christmas tree panel fasteners you could go with nice quality exposed hardware and cup washers. In the near future you will be able to buy them from !njoy carlife.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

Bling bling. Urge to spend money on show instead of go rising. Must... Stay... Focused!
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

$35 isn't going to get you much GO. But it will allow you to get rid of the big, intrusive arm rests while keeping things tidy looking inside. Both door panels cost me $6 total for the masonite, $20 for the black vinyl (you can find it cheaper if you wait for it to go on sale), $4 for some nylon roving to pad the door panels and about the same for a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. If you went with plain black ABS plastic it might be even cheaper. And if it makes you more comfortable in the car then it is a performance mod!