Free Z1 Star Specs in 245-40-18

Feeling generous?
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Free Z1 Star Specs in 245-40-18

Post by v10climber »

Nate gets first dibs on these...

I have some Z1s off the STI that I took off at the end of last season. They're just sitting around in my garage taking up space and with the introduction of the Z2/rival won't ever be going back on the car. I figured somebody might be able to get some use out of them. One pair is worn a little more than the other. They're not down to the wear bars yet but getting close. You might get 4-5 events out of them if you're just running a single driver. Of course that depends on whether you mind driving around on bald tires :D

One of them was plugged/patched not soon after I bought them. I put probably over 100 auto-x runs on it and never had any issues. Never leaked air. However, if one of these tires fails and engulfs you and your car in an epic ball of flame I'm not responsible.

I can bring them to a CDC auto-x or you can pick them up at my house in Alexandria.

--Nick D
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Re: Free Z1 Star Specs in 245-40-18

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Dibbs!!!!!!!

Ill totally take those off your hands, I would totally risk flame engulfment for an extra 20mm of tread width ;)

I'm going to the Woodbridge event so I can just swing by and grab them on my way home if youd rather not haul them to the event.

Thanks Nick!
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Nathan Atkins wrote:Dibbs!!!!!!!

Ill totally take those off your hands, I would totally risk flame engulfment for an extra 20mm of tread width ;)

I'm going to the Woodbridge event so I can just swing by and grab them on my way home if youd rather not haul them to the event.

Thanks Nick!
I'm driving the truck/trailer to the woodbridge event so I'll throw them in the truck and bring them down to Woodbridge. Your wife going to let you put dirty old tires in her backseat? :lol:
--Nick D
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I'll have to clear out all her 27 pairs of high heels she's tossed back there to do it but yeah maybe I'll throw an old blanket in there, I bet two of them would fit in the trunk, oh and the RX8 hasn't repeated its symptoms so I may yet bring it regardless. As demonstrated at AI, dirty old tires are welcome in my backseat :)