Frederick on the 11th

Parking lots and traffic cones.
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Re: Frederick on the 11th

Post by JoeTR6 »

BugBomb wrote:There is only one way to screw up the barcode results and I did it, even after Joe warned me about it.
Sorry, Mike. I noticed last week that it was possible to run the timer without automatically saving results, and didn't have access to the computers to fix the problem. Then Mike stepped into the trap, sorta like when you put a cone in front of a pothole to keep people from hitting it, and people are drawn to the cone so hit the pothole. Once we get these type of problems fixed, we'll probably stop using paper time sheets altogether. I think we're getting close, but not quite there yet.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Results are up

Please pay close attention as these results were compiled from registration data and timesheets. Any changes in barcode or car-swapping may not be reflected on this. If anything needs to change, please send me a PM or post in this topic.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

^Appreciate the quick work as always, Mike. I wish my "almost" full run would have stacked up a bit better, but oh well.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

what happened to Fred's times? He had a 42.70 in the cobra and was well into the 45's in the miata? Did his afternoon runs not count? If that's the case, I'm guessing he might have driven the cars in a different order if that was made clear ahead of time. Don't get me wrong.....I *do* think extra runs provide an advantage (same with ride-alongs and pre-runs), but it's been allowed on several occasions in the past. A clear policy on running multiple cars would be good (or maybe there is one already that hasn't been enforced in the past?).

Nice job on the course Larry..I'm not sure how anybody could get more out of the HG lot. I liked it alot.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Wade's right about Fred's times. He did take FTD with a 42.7 in the Cobra. Also, the 46.1 for the Miata is not right. I remember sweating getting beaten by his Miata 'till I logged a couple of 44.8s in the PM.
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
Ben L

Post by Ben L »

And ace course designer's Larry's index is off. I think he was on the A6s.
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC No. 20
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Ben L wrote:And ace course designer's Larry's index is off. I think he was on the A6s.
His tire index is shown as 1.035
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Ben L

Post by Ben L »

Oh. Well then never mind. Where's the delete feature on this forum?
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC No. 20
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

I don't care for being in the middle of this. Fred says he was told that his runs would count. Good enough for me. The club will look to our members for opinions on a policy going forward and there will be no question for future events.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Ben L

Post by Ben L »

Actually, I was commenting on the times themselves. They are different than what I had logged. Sorry, Larry, about the index comment. I wuz wrong.
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC No. 20
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Ben L wrote:Wade's right about Fred's times. He did take FTD with a 42.7 in the Cobra. Also, the 46.1 for the Miata is not right. I remember sweating getting beaten by his Miata 'till I logged a couple of 44.8s in the PM.
Thought so when I was looking at the times late last night that Fred was unusually behind what he normally does. I know he got a 55.4 I think with his miata at least from talking to him but in my late night clearheadedness(not) I thought maybe he coned it away. Good job Fred on FTD!

And wow, results so quickly posted even after the debacle! Thanks!!! Just wish I hadnt coned away my fastest run, the STi is a completely different beast than the m3.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

BugBomb wrote:I don't care for being in the middle of this. Fred says he was told that his runs would count. Good enough for me. The club will look to our members for opinions on a policy going forward and there will be no question for future events.

I think it might be advisable to let the rules stand till the end of the year to not unfairly impose it on some people during one season and not others. I personally think it gives an edge similiar to course designers and people who do "run-testing". I think Fred would have grabbed FTD either way and I think the option to run two cars would be awesome as I would love to do that as well, but we need to figure that into scoring somehow.

SCCA also does not allow people to do ridealongs before their runs are completely done for the day. But since we have mornin and afternoon runs I Think this is impossible. I know for a fact that I ride-along in at least one of my friends cars 100% of the events to coach and help them on their runs and I think this is important. Many of my friends are fairly new to the sport and just a few words of advice can see autox times drop dramatically and I offer my time to anyone that would like it. A third person view helps dramatically and I always ask for as much advice as I can get in my own driving.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I'm not going to express how I feel about this right now, but my ears are hot.
Fred
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

FredK wrote:I'm not going to express how I feel about this right now, but my ears are hot.
Fred
Dont know what your upset about, but remember: "haters going to hate". We could do a 2-car each at the last event of the season where you can drive bothh the M3 and Cobra and I Can too :P
Ben L

Post by Ben L »

Fred, are they pinker than usual?

Fred's best am time of 45.4 in the Miata edged out my 45.5 from the am runs. That's why I was sweating (well, maybe not; I am always sweating; apparently my only claim to autoxing fame) during my pm runs, and was very relieved to pull out a 44.8. That's why I thought the 46 looked funny. Plus, I keep pretty close track of our club members' times.

For what its worth, my view is if there is going to be a rule re double registrations, ridealongs, course designer runs, etc., it should be laid down clearly in advance so everyone understands going in.

And remember, CDC is supposed to be (and is) the "fun bunch." 'Nuff said.
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC No. 20
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

I caused a lot of grief and stress with our club members over participants making mulitple registrations - namely the policy of if all the runs count.

Back when CDC started the policy was that any additional runs over the day (typically 6 runs) would be considered fun runs and not count towards points. However when we established the Small Bore Series, I knew the possiblity of participants wanting to run more than one car with two timesheets (e.g. they would purchase two slots and pay twice the amount). I didn't realize that conflict this policy had with the earlier policy of only counting the first 6 runs.

Then there's the debate on what about those that instruct participants and even drive the course more? Don't they have an unfair advantage?

In short, here's the new policy:

1. If you register two different cars (like a fast car and a small bore car), all your runs count. The Small Bore Car count towards the Small Bore Series and the best index time counts towards the Index Points.

2. If you register the same car for mulitple registration, only the first 6 runs (or the number given that day) will count towards points. The other runs will be considered fun runs.

Again, this was entirely my fault for not realizing the conflict and hope this new policy will keep the fun at CDC. We don't want to discourage people to interact, instruct and ride with other participants nor do we want to take the fun out of our events, and if participants want to register more than one slot, we should accomodate them (as space provides).

I'm afraid that since we had conflicting policies, I caused a less than fun atmosphere and hope that this new policy will remedy the conflict.

Ed
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

We'll try not to hold it against you, Ed. We'll get over it.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page.

Sorry for the delay. I was sick all last week.