Last CDC Autocross of the season

Parking lots and traffic cones.
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Re: Last CDC Autocross of the season

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

So is Small Bore now officially a Miata only class? I know when I registered I chose SB and looking at the cars/results that were there, there seems to be a few other candidates for SB but aren't listed in the results under SB. Maybe they didn't register as SB? I dunno.. maybe we can open up another class for non-miata SB cars ;)
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:maybe we can open up another class for non-miata SB cars ;)
Fascinating! AJ, tell us more stories of these so called non-miata cars of which you speak. I know your black 2+2 hartop miata is quite quick. =)
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Ben L wrote:How come Larry's time in the Kao 7 is logged in the index results, but not raw?
"CDC event organizers that drive will also get points. However, the next fastest person will get the same points (as if the organizer was not there). For example, Joe is the course designer and gets 47 points (4th place). John Doe, who came in 5th will also get 47 points and Jane Smith (6th place) will get 46 points, and so on. Organizers who participated in course design, testing, or optimization are not eligible for FTD honors because they have an unfair advantage."

The whole weekend was a blast as always. I got to drive both cars, the weather was great. Can't wait for spring. Nice driving on Saturday Aaron, don't get better tires.

I'm checking for insurance on the E-mod next time, and I'm giving myself at least a week before I start giving helpful ideas about improving the index system.
Fredk
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

^penalties for giant BMW wings? :D
Ryan P
AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

hepcatz wrote:
AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:maybe we can open up another class for non-miata SB cars ;)
Fascinating! AJ, tell us more stories of these so called non-miata cars of which you speak. I know your black 2+2 hartop miata is quite quick. =)
lol well, I do believe there are 2 crx's listed on there that should technically fall into SB unless they have motor swaps or w/e. And the same goes to the 2 yellow(ish) rx-7's that ran. Again, don't know if they clicked SB upon registration, but I do know I did and I'm not listed. I think the same happened earlier in the year for me. No love for other cars in SB I guess :(
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:So is Small Bore now officially a Miata only class? I know when I registered I chose SB and looking at the cars/results that were there, there seems to be a few other candidates for SB but aren't listed in the results under SB. Maybe they didn't register as SB? I dunno.. maybe we can open up another class for non-miata SB cars ;)
You may have the older verision of the vehicle bar code. The new vehicle barcodes also have a code for SB. So if your vehicle barcode didn't indicate SB, the scan will over-ride your registration.

Mike can fix it on the results.

Ed
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

I had a great time this year guys. Thanks to everyone who helps out and wakes up crazy early in the morning to make these events possible. I had a blast all year in smallbore trying to keep up with the miatas in the wrong car :)

I'm sad I didn't get to make it out to the last few events, but rallycross and funerals take precedence :P

Thanks to MikeM, Jake, and Frank for letting me drive their cars this season. And another thanks to Mike for riding with me and giving me pointers, even though I think Rallycross might be making me worse at driving lol

Glad you guys had fun driving the RX-7 yesterday, I'm actually pleasantly surprised and pleased that it made it through 5 drivers without a hiccup and/or exploding... hopefully over the winter I'll get it a new seat so I can actually stay in one place :)

Hope to see you all at the awards lunch.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Imprezive_04 wrote:^penalties for giant BMW wings? :D

hey now, dont be jealuos of my big.......wing..

Drove it with that wing on the street for the first time on the way to the autox this saturday, it feels great on track, I feel like the biggest douche on the street.
AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

echan wrote:
AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:So is Small Bore now officially a Miata only class? I know when I registered I chose SB and looking at the cars/results that were there, there seems to be a few other candidates for SB but aren't listed in the results under SB. Maybe they didn't register as SB? I dunno.. maybe we can open up another class for non-miata SB cars ;)
You may have the older verision of the vehicle bar code. The new vehicle barcodes also have a code for SB. So if your vehicle barcode didn't indicate SB, the scan will over-ride your registration.

Mike can fix it on the results.

Ed
Hmm, ok. And no need to go though the hassle of changing the results at this point, last event and it wont affect anything anyways.
eage8

Post by eage8 »

I got 3rd for the season in the corolla, and it's a lot more competitive now than in the beginning of the season, I just haven't been able to make it to the past few events.

I don't think your car is prepped enough to beat the corolla ;)
-Mike #887

AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

eage8 wrote:
I got 3rd for the season in the corolla, and it's a lot more competitive now than in the beginning of the season, I just haven't been able to make it to the past few events.

I don't think your car is prepped enough to beat the corolla ;)
Hmm.. me too. I'm in an underprepped Street Touring underdog car that falls into CDC's class that would take a lot of Street Prepared type cars, I technically should never have had even a glimpse of a fighting chance in SB lol. Even if I threw on a set of r-comps(which would hurt me more than anything with my suspension setup), I still shouldn't be considered competitive.

Not to mention there are way too many CDC events that are all over the place so I'd never be competitive to begin with...
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

I should have shown up in one event as SB but I don't... no biggie though, I'll be in SB next year and not in a Miata.
WolfPlayer

Post by WolfPlayer »

Hi All!

This was my first AutoX ever. I had a blast. My buddy drove all the way from Vegas with his MazdaSpeed Miata. He has 3 Miatas and never AutoX'd this one before. He tried to drive this one like his other one setup for AutoX - which was a bad mistake because this one's tires were dryrotted with no feedback whatsoever (at least according to him). He's the guy who totally slid out in a haze of smoke in the center slalom :).

I was really happy with my first AutoX ever. I didn't hit a cone for my 3 runs (couldn't do my afternoon runs due to needing to be home to watch my boys - wife had class to attend). My third run was 41.1 on those dryrotted tires in the morning. So much fun. Next time I'll definitely bring my STI.

Tim
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Not sure if the guy found his missing knife, but I checked my car & it wasn't there.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
anush_avan

Post by anush_avan »

hepcatz wrote:Not sure if the guy found his missing knife, but I checked my car & it wasn't there.
Haven't found it. It's gone.
eage8

Post by eage8 »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:Hmm.. me too. I'm in an underprepped Street Touring underdog car that falls into CDC's class that would take a lot of Street Prepared type cars, I technically should never have had even a glimpse of a fighting chance in SB lol. Even if I threw on a set of r-comps(which would hurt me more than anything with my suspension setup), I still shouldn't be considered competitive.

Not to mention there are way too many CDC events that are all over the place so I'd never be competitive to begin with...
haha yeah... the corolla's a super underprepped SMF car :)
-Mike #887

phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

eage8 wrote:
AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:Hmm.. me too. I'm in an underprepped Street Touring underdog car that falls into CDC's class that would take a lot of Street Prepared type cars, I technically should never have had even a glimpse of a fighting chance in SB lol. Even if I threw on a set of r-comps(which would hurt me more than anything with my suspension setup), I still shouldn't be considered competitive.

haha yeah... the corolla's a super underprepped SMF car :)
and i have joked that my miata falls in CSUP - C Street UNDER Prepared.
i have bout $2k into suspension and exhaust (not counting countless tires and wheels) which doesn't compare to the real CSP cars that have about $20k + into their preparedness. but having said that, i do think i do have one of the better set ups for small bore. i know it wasn't the driving that got me the wins. b/c plenty of better drivers out there. ^ :) but it also didn't hurt that i went to just about all of the events.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

Hello... My name is Dan and I was a novice autocrosser in 2010 (I was the Red Mini) and this was my first CDC autocross event . I just want to say thanks - the organization and operation of your event was first class and it was a lot of fun to participate! I joined CDC Saturday and am already looking forward to the 2011 season.

Dan
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

^ Dan,

Thanks for the praise! Looking forward to seeing you in 2011. :D
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

The course was one of the best we've ever done at Harry Grove. The field was packed on both days, but were able to pack up just as it was getting dark.

I heard from several people that we need a coffee maker. So I'm starting to shop for a 100 cup coffe maker for next year. We probably need two (one for each of the trailers).

I think people also like the smoked salmon so much that I'm starting to get requests.

I may have a make one last batch before Christmas for those that want it. I figure I'll do smoked salmon, smoked steelhead trout, and smoked shrimp.

Let me know if you're interested. I figure we'll just charge the same price as the cost of the food.

This year the trophies will be a CDC designed watch. We've gone through several type of trophies, from stopwatches, compasses, desk clock, slotcars and now to watches. My hope is that we won't have the issue of trying to get all the slot cars orders. In addition, most people said that they don't have slot car tracks and the effort of hauling a slotcar track (and repairing it as it gets damaged everytime it gets moved) to the events became too much effort.

If you have any ideas for 2011 or suggestions, please let us know.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ed
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Sorry I missed the Test 'n Tune, but had a great day Saturday.

Appropos of the season, wanted to take a moment to thank all the organizers and competitors for a fantastic, well run, and reasonably incident-free 2010.

Of all the autox clubs around, CDC offers the most events, and most outright fun, for the buck. Due to the high fun factor and relatively low "asshole quotient" (ask for the formula) I always recommend CDC to folks brand new to autocrossing.

CDC proves that events can be competitive, without sucking all the joy out of the game. Its the good people behind the timing table and the wheel that make it so.

So, thanks! See you all next year, if not before. Fair warning: I plan to ascend to even greater heights in unindexed standings. Raw time rules!
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
dannykao

Post by dannykao »

echan wrote: I think people also like the smoked salmon so much that I'm starting to get requests.
Ed, When I saw the smoke salmon, I thought I was dreaming. That was completely over the top and I loved it! :mrgreen:

So next year I will be there with a 800lbs R1 powered 7 for Ben's enjoyment. The driver would still suck, but at least for the raw time folks, now you know what you have to deal with equipment wise... ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Yikes....looks like my index will be 1.0554 next year :o . Looks like I will be only looking at raw results too.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

03threefiftyz wrote:Yikes....looks like my index will be 1.0554 next year :o . Looks like I will be only looking at raw results too.
Good god with what?
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

03threefiftyz wrote:Yikes....looks like my index will be 1.0554 next year :o . Looks like I will be only looking at raw results too.
Ps...awesome shot of your car...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 0128828877