Fun Runs

Parking lots and traffic cones.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Fun Runs

Post by phranquelynn »

Thank you CDC for the Fun Runs today!!! Definitely enjoyed the 3 extra runs. Capped off a great day of autocrossing. For those wusses who chickened out, you missed a fantastic day. Perhaps something to consider when you look outside and see rain for the next autocross. Think not of getting wet. Think of all the extra runs. Hint hint to CDC. Hope CDC continues this trend of having fun runs on days we end early. I can tell you personally a few friends of mine seek out PCA events because of their fun runs. CDC, if you continue, this will be a great way to get some word-of-mouth advertising for your events. And to all my fellow autocrossers who enjoyed the fun runs (or would like to enjoy fun runs in the future), please reply to this post and echo your sentiments. If nothing else, a thank you to the organizers for the extra time for the fun runs when they could've easily have packed up early. As always, thank you CDC organizers for all the work involved in putting together a great event.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Re: Fun Runs

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I wussed out and am pissed about it.

:(
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Yippy for fun runs! Definitely a great plus. But Franklin, I think your idea is a bit flawed. The more participants CDC may draw due to word of these fun runs, the less likely we'll get to have them again lol. More participants=more time on course=less time for fun runs.. But hey, more participants is always good for the club and general region so keep 'em coming!

Just FYI,3 clubs in the region ran today with this iffy weather. CDC, BMW, and A.I. All with what looked to be a pretty good turn out. That's always nice to hear.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Sorry I missed the fun runs! The afternoon weather was perfect. :)

Yesterday's event was a good argument for prepayment with registration. Put the risk of weather on the participants...not on CDC. I imagine it's difficult to make the numbers work when 1/3 of the registrants don't show up.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
marklombard
Car: FFR - "Leroy"
CDC Member#: 813

Post by marklombard »

Thanks for the great event! I actually had more fun in the rain than in the dry. Fun runs were excellent. Got a chance to try some different stuff. Many thanks to all the organizers and workers. You all put on a great event!! Looking forward to next weekend.
God is good-all the time!
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

I would like to thank the CDC event organizers for puttting on such as great contest... to those that wimped out on the weather... you should trust the 11:00 PM weather forcasters who all said damp in the morning and a good afternoon. That was only my 7th AC event - but I must say that course design was my favorite yet - it was really fun. The fun run at the end was well worth the wait as I was able to improve my times significantly as well as explore a couple of different lines though the long sweeper into the finish. Thanks!
e3opian

Post by e3opian »

Sure wish I could have stayed for the fun runs. I had to rush home for the Caps game, though!~
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Wade Chamberlain wrote: Yesterday's event was a good argument for prepayment with registration. Put the risk of weather on the participants...not on CDC. I imagine it's difficult to make the numbers work when 1/3 of the registrants don't show up.
May also have been a combination of being near Easter. I eventually got guilt-tripped not to be skipping out on my girlfriend's parents meeting my parents (her parents live in FL so its not an everyday occasion). I was hoping it would pour, I love rain. This year I wont be able to make many CDC events :(
boriscozlatti

Post by boriscozlatti »

Thanks for the fun runs. I tried to fortify all the suggestions by Ted and Larry, but failed miserably. :oops:
Entroper
Car: 2002 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 571

Post by Entroper »

Thanks so much to everyone for the fun runs. 9 runs at an event is pretty awesome, and the course was nice and long, especially considering the lot. Good use of elevation changes, camber, transitions... it's a course I would have run long into the evening. :)
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

I chickened out.

Good alternative, as i see SCCA is charging double for more runs. :? SCCA "ENTERPRISES".
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

defylogik wrote:I chickened out.

Good alternative, as i see SCCA is charging double for more runs. :? SCCA "ENTERPRISES".
"For more runs" or do you mean "for fewer runs"? I didn't know that they normally give 9 runs at their events.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

May 14th AI will have 8 runs for $65/$75 in Waldorf. I have been to AI events and it is a little different crowd, however, I cannot imagine a better time anywhere than we had saturday in the rain, sun and fun with a great course! :D - JMHO
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

echan wrote:
defylogik wrote:I chickened out.

"For more runs" or do you mean "for fewer runs"? I didn't know that they normally give 9 runs at their events.
New for this year at Fedex, you can pay $25 to get 4 more runs at the end of the day. So $60 total for 8 runs if you're a member.
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page