Saturday July 23rd Hylton HS

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Saturday July 23rd Hylton HS

Post by echan »

Open reservations are now open!

The surface is great, there's trees providing plenty of shade for the grid, real bathrooms with running water, and we'll have plenty of food and drinks.

We are at Hylton HS only two times this year and the only club able to use this lot (and only club autocrossing in Woodbridge). So be sure not to miss us there, especially if you live in the area.
GDSpeed
Car: '99 10AE Miata
CDC Member#: 536

Re: Saturday July 23rd Hylton HS

Post by GDSpeed »

I should be there. Question (since I haven't really driven down that way on a Sat. morning since moving to this area) - what would be the best way to get to Woodbridge from the Vienna/Tysons area? Google is telling me 66 to 95, but from what I've done before I should probably avoid 95 S on a Saturday morning...
David
'99 10AE Miata
GDSpeed
Car: '99 10AE Miata
CDC Member#: 536

Post by GDSpeed »

GDSpeed wrote:I should be there. Question (since I haven't really driven down that way on a Sat. morning since moving to this area) - what would be the best way to get to Woodbridge from the Vienna/Tysons area? Google is telling me 66 to 95, but from what I've done before I should probably avoid 95 S on a Saturday morning...
Heh. Realized I contradicted myself in my mid-day-at-work funk. I've driven to Richmond on 95S on a Saturday morning once, and it was one of the worst drives of my life. What should I do instead?
David
'99 10AE Miata
moxnix
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 0

Post by moxnix »

Depending on how bad you think 66 is on the weekend you might try 66/28/Liberia/234/Minneville/spriggs

You can also take 123 to Occoquan and then old bridge/minneville/spriggs
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Saturday July 23rd Hylton HS - CANCELLED

Post by echan »

With the forecast for Saturday being over 100 degree tempertures (perceived temperature of 115 degrees). We are cancelling the Saturday July 23rd AutoX.

Normally, we hold events regardless of the temperture, but are now concerned for the safety of our participants getting heat exhaustion or heat stoke.

As a result, we feel that the prudent thing is for us to cancel the event and have requested another date (to be determined) from the school.

Safety is always our biggest concern.

Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ed Chan
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

Very good call… extreme heat indexes on a yearly average kills more than floods, lightning, tornadoes and hurricanes combined. I was at a yearly national contest about 15 years ago – airplanes not cars - with similar weather conditions where a contestant collapsed and died. These are weather conditions that should be taken seriously especially with the elevated temperatures standing on top of asphalt. FYI – that contest 15 years ago continued to completion after the body was taken away.

Dan 770
marklombard
Car: FFR - "Leroy"
CDC Member#: 813

Post by marklombard »

That's cool Ed. It was a good day to catch up on other stuff around the house. I am glad you made the decision based on safety of the participants. That's one of the things that makes CDC what it is.
God is good-all the time!