NNJR SCCA NorthEast Divisional

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

NNJR SCCA NorthEast Divisional

Post by BugBomb »

We didn't have any info about this event on our forum (a little far away from DC), but a few of us made the trek to Northern New Jersey to check it out. It was a fantastic event with a course quite unlike anything I have ever raced before. Granted, I have yet to run a Fedex SCCA event, but I plan to fix that soon.

I just wanted to post up what I think is a fantastic video made with footage from the Divisional event. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/6iHvwCcb8OE
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Re: NNJR SCCA NorthEast Divisional

Post by dmyer »

Granted, I have yet to run a Fedex SCCA event, but I plan to fix that soon
I ran at the last SCCA event at Fedex... it was eye opening to say the least. Had a blast - the course was VERY long, fast and challenging. Three cars were on the course at all times! I was dead meat for the fast drivers with Hooisers in my class... but I was the fastest car with street tires in D-Stock and came within a cone of beating a few with tires.... and that was AOK IMO as I am only looking for seat time. I am going to Fedex again June 3rd after our Saturday Bowie AX.
moxnix
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 0

Post by moxnix »

dmyer wrote:I was the fastest car with street tires in D-Stock and came within a cone of beating a few with tires....
FYI : SCCA is running "road tire" classes for cars running street tires in stock class this year. For the mini you would run FDS (FWD D Stock). This is a indexed class against other FWD cars from all stock classes.
dmyer

Post by dmyer »

moxnix wrote:
dmyer wrote:I was the fastest car with street tires in D-Stock and came within a cone of beating a few with tires....
FYI : SCCA is running "road tire" classes for cars running street tires in stock class this year. For the mini you would run FDS (FWD D Stock). This is a indexed class against other FWD cars from all stock classes.
I know they have street tire classes... there was only 1 entry in FDS and 16 in DS - 8 with street tires - I prefer the bigger pool. I am not concerned with winning a limited entry non-competitive class, but with getting good seat time and improving as a driver on a difficult course.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

dmyer wrote:
moxnix wrote:FYI : SCCA is running "road tire" classes for cars running street tires in stock class this year. For the mini you would run FDS (FWD D Stock). This is a indexed class against other FWD cars from all stock classes.
I know they have street tire classes... there was only 1 entry in FDS and 16 in DS - 8 with street tires - I prefer the bigger pool. I am not concerned with winning a limited entry non-competitive class, but with getting good seat time and improving as a driver on a difficult course.
I think what he is saying is that even though there is only one person in FDS you are also competing against all the other guys running in stock street tire classes. So the class is actually much bigger than just the person in FDS.

Not all of the SCCA classes have strong local competition. At the last event Caitlin took 3rd in BSP in my stock suspension, street tire, minimal engine mods, STI :lol: Some of them on the other hand are very competitive (STU anyone?) I agree though I like running in the larger classes. And I loooooove FedEx field :D
--Nick D
dmyer

Post by dmyer »

v10climber wrote:
dmyer wrote:
moxnix wrote:FYI : SCCA is running "road tire" classes for cars running street tires in stock class this year. For the mini you would run FDS (FWD D Stock). This is a indexed class against other FWD cars from all stock classes.
I think what he is saying is that even though there is only one person in FDS you are also competing against all the other guys running in stock street tire classes. So the class is actually much bigger than just the person in FDS.

Not all of the SCCA classes have strong local competition. At the last event Caitlin took 3rd in BSP in my stock suspension, street tire, minimal engine mods, STI :lol: Some of them on the other hand are very competitive (STU anyone?) I agree though I like running in the larger classes. And I loooooove FedEx field :D

Just to clarify - there was a total or "2" entries in all FWD Street tire classes. My best time would have easily won it... but that is not why I was there - I want to compete with and learn from the better drivers... when and if I ever win something somewhere... I want it to have meaning and be a measue of personal accomplishment! I also love Fedex field... :D
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

v10climber wrote:
dmyer wrote:

I had to take a run with a cone for my fastest run at the last fedex event :( .

The day two course (that neither Mike or I got to run) at NE divs was going to be the fastest course I've run (outside of the the long straight at Cumberland Historics). I'd be willing to bet even with that 80-90mph straight....the average speed was higher on that course. Saturdays course was fun, but I was off the pace a bit. Mike did really well in DS. He finished only a tenth or two off one of the faster DS guys in the country.