Bowie June 2nd Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Bowie June 2nd Results

Post by BugBomb »

Bowie June 2nd Results

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Re: Bowie June 2nd Results

Post by hepcatz »

Thanks Mike! That 2010 Corolla really dropped into the 44s once?
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
CaitieD
Car: 2010 MINI JCW Hardtop
CDC Member#: 543

Post by CaitieD »

hepcatz wrote:Thanks Mike! That 2010 Corolla really dropped into the 44s once?
hahaha, I don't think the stig could have gotten the rolla into the 44's. That run was in Lenny's miata (the run immediately before his turbo exploded).
Caitlin
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Yep, sorry for the confusion! Ed scanned the index, but since I registered under the rolla, that's what sticks. Though, I did find out online how to actually turn off the traction control. I think 44s were totally there.

Darn shame the Turbo blew up on the Miata (for many reasons). 43s were totally there with the second run!
--Mike Adrian
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

I was completely shocked how the corolla could do so well. Now I understand!
Sky Render
Car: 2011 Mustang 5.0
CDC Member#: 750

Post by Sky Render »

Don't knock Toyollas!

Did anyone take pictures?
Vince (#750)
Grey 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0

I'm slow.
soviet
Car: '91 Rusty Miata
CDC Member#: 586

Post by soviet »

madrian wrote:Yep, sorry for the confusion! Ed scanned the index, but since I registered under the rolla, that's what sticks. Though, I did find out online how to actually turn off the traction control. I think 44s were totally there.

Darn shame the Turbo blew up on the Miata (for many reasons). 43s were totally there with the second run!
:lol: I just noticed the Corolla time. Turbo blew up because apparently it was the first batch of that turbo and the supplier used the wrong alloy. I'm waiting on the response from Full Race but I think I'll have it replaced with no issues! So you guys shouldn't be scared to drive my car :D
madrian

Post by madrian »

That, my friend, is great news...Mainly because you shouldn't have to pay a dime for it, and secondly because I would kill for an opportunity to drive your car again. It was so good that I'm really tempted to sell the Vette and build a replica. 8-)
--Mike Adrian
Hobbs5313
Car: 05 S2000(sold); 2011 328i
CDC Member#: 306

Post by Hobbs5313 »

Is the fastest time for the 2005 bmw 330ci correct? Based on the times from the other five runs, it seems out of place. May be a manual timing error?
JoeTR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

When I was checking the results, I'll admit to doubting Mike's best run. Then I remembered the Corolla he drove was built by Mazda.

Glad to hear the turbo will be replaced. Seeing how fast an aftermarket turbo can be is making me look forwarrd to my cute little MazdaSpeed turbo giving up the ghost.
JoeTR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Hobbs5313 wrote:Is the fastest time for the 2005 bmw 330ci correct? Based on the times from the other five runs, it seems out of place. May be a manual timing error?
That does seem odd. I checked the run log and there were no big time gaps between runs during that group. This was during the second heat when we started having some issues, so maybe the timer was manually started late and the run wasn't marked as not being valid.
Hobbs5313
Car: 05 S2000(sold); 2011 328i
CDC Member#: 306

Post by Hobbs5313 »

JoeTR6 wrote:That does seem odd. I checked the run log and there were no big time gaps between runs during that group. This was during the second heat when we started having some issues, so maybe the timer was manually started late and the run wasn't marked as not being valid.
I was just curious. Since I'm still learning my new car, I've been comparing my times to other BMWs to see what kind of lap times I could/should get (if I don't keep hitting cones). This one seemed odd. Not complaining though. Thanks.
soviet

Post by soviet »

madrian wrote:That, my friend, is great news...Mainly because you shouldn't have to pay a dime for it, and secondly because I would kill for an opportunity to drive your car again. It was so good that I'm really tempted to sell the Vette and build a replica. 8-)
Looks like I'll be getting a free replacement... but not before mid-august. This turbo is out of stock in the whole country :|

I might run my old T25 setup in the meantime, or try to find another one of these from some secret source. In any case, bummer.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

If it broke.... you must need a bigger one! :D
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

-Lenny-
This is not how i want to beat you... not cool buddy. but if you put that T25 back on, we can run the exact same index :D

Maybe by the time you get your turbo replaced, i can get one too.
Sky Render
Car: 2011 Mustang 5.0
CDC Member#: 750

Post by Sky Render »

That's the first time I've ever seen a Borg-Warner turbo fail. I would be surprised if they didn't replace it free of cost.
Vince (#750)
Grey 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0

I'm slow.
madrian

Post by madrian »

soviet wrote:
madrian wrote:That, my friend, is great news...Mainly because you shouldn't have to pay a dime for it, and secondly because I would kill for an opportunity to drive your car again. It was so good that I'm really tempted to sell the Vette and build a replica. 8-)
Looks like I'll be getting a free replacement... but not before mid-august. This turbo is out of stock in the whole country :|

I might run my old T25 setup in the meantime, or try to find another one of these from some secret source. In any case, bummer.
If you're looking for a car, you can always run the Vette. Hoping to have some v710's or A6's in the next month or so. :D
--Mike Adrian
soviet

Post by soviet »

Sky Render wrote:That's the first time I've ever seen a Borg-Warner turbo fail. I would be surprised if they didn't replace it free of cost.
idk if posted my video or not -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RruN0dZmBgE

It failed due to a manufacturing defect that only affected the first production batch of these turbos. Full Race was aware of the issue but for some reason decided NOT to let existing owners know :roll:
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... try6114874
TheKeeper, on 17 November 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:
I stated it earlier, the shafts have never been the issue. The wheels were the issue, and the vendor that was manufacturing them was not following the strict parameters BorgWarner had in place. The shaft breaking was the result of wheel failures. None of this "helps" anything, but the issue has been rectified. We're pushing the new turbo wheels to 30psi daily, and thus far have not had a failure. BorgWarner is confident they have found a manufacture willing and able to produce them to exact specs, unfortunately they will trickle out of the plant, not pour.
madrian wrote:If you're looking for a car, you can always run the Vette. Hoping to have some v710's or A6's in the next month or so. :D
A member of MiataTurbo actually offered to sell me his EFR 6258 (identical turbo) because his project won't be finished for several months. If that deal works out, the car will be back on the road in a week. I won't be at James Wood anyways due to other plans :)