James Wood HS June 17 Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

James Wood HS June 17 Results

Post by BugBomb »

James Wood High School June 17th Results

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Re: James Wood HS June 17 Results

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Wait... 33.36 was Wade's FTD time.....I swear my 33.36 +6 was clean....

:lol:
NoVA_STi
Car: 2011 STi Sedan
CDC Member#: 668

Post by NoVA_STi »

My index class is wrong in the results spreadsheet, but I'm not racing for points, so it's not an issue.

For those of us who got an extra slot, can we get those times? I treated those runs as T&T and would like to see the results, if possible. I'd have copied them from the course computer if I had time, but I was pretty much either stuck on the course or stuck in the car.

Also, I was stuck at 40.x sec and after someone ran with me, he gave me some advice. I ran again, using the provided tips and ran a 39.x (in the T&T runs). I'm still amazed at how friendly the members are at these events. I've attended some racing events on the west coast and the people weren't quite as open.

I definitely had a great time today. The extra slot was worth it, although it made the pace of the day pretty hectic! :) Grid/course/grid/course/grid/course... But the switching of heats and groups was ultra-smooth. Overall, it was organized extremely well, in my opinion.

I had so much fun that I'll definitely be attending all future Winchester events. The course was wide open and suited my car far better than the layout at the last event.

Thanks for providing a well-organized event!
Hobbs5313
Car: 05 S2000(sold); 2011 328i
CDC Member#: 306

Post by Hobbs5313 »

Great event today. Great weather and everything ran smoothly. The 2 hr. drive wasn't fun, but getting a chance to run at this big lot for the first time was worth it. Here's a clip of my fastest run. It seems like I've learned more and more at each event. Need more seat time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuxsVNSMrpM&feature=plcp
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Also, I should apologize to all the people who asked for rides. My seat wasn't securely fastened, and I didn't want the seat to break or come loose with you in it. That said, anyone larger than a small infant won't fit well in it. I'll try to remember and put the other seat back in for the next event. The car kind of tricycles around on 3 wheels most of the time, it's a neat experience :lol: .
dscherpf
Car: 98 BMW 318ti
CDC Member#: 723

Post by dscherpf »

My fastest run was 39.20 and my index is C123 (1.000) but my indexed time is 38.80.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

I REALLY enjoyed the course layout. Quality sweepers, slaloms, and some WOT time. Kudos.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

Had a great time yesterday! I would also request the full list of results for those of us who did 2 slots. I am curious how all my times looked. Just a list in an email or whatever would be fine, doesn't have to be anything fancy.
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
rogue
Car: 1999 Miata
CDC Member#: 300

Post by rogue »

NoVA_STi wrote:Also, I was stuck at 40.x sec and after someone ran with me, he gave me some advice. I ran again, using the provided tips and ran a 39.x (in the T&T runs). I'm still amazed at how friendly the members are at these events. I've attended some racing events on the west coast and the people weren't quite as open.
*wave*

Happy to help out! :) You were very smooth, and smooth is fast.

I was smooth part of the time, and then all wild in the second half. Wild is not fast. I made smokey spin out. Hurted my time and tires. Bwoo!

Thanks all for a great event!

-Ted
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I'll try and extract all the extra times tonight. I believe its pretty simple to do. I can just put them in a separate GDocs spreadsheet and share it.

The Suxass still has a bit of tread left on the RA1s. Looks like we'll have to pass it around to some more folks at the next one!
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

BugBomb wrote:I'll try and extract all the extra times tonight. I believe its pretty simple to do. I can just put them in a separate GDocs spreadsheet and share it.

The Suxass still has a bit of tread left on the RA1s. Looks like we'll have to pass it around to some more folks at the next one!
How would you say ra1's wear compared to dunlop ss kumho xs stone re11 hankook rs3 ect?

R comp versus autocross grade street tire.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
Areddi

Post by Areddi »

BugBomb wrote:I'll try and extract all the extra times tonight. I believe its pretty simple to do. I can just put them in a separate GDocs spreadsheet and share it.

Awesome, thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

RA1's wear like lead....

You should really shave them down to at least 5/32nd's, though.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Sounds like I shoulda launched harder ;) Thanks again for letting me take a few runs in the Suxass. That thing is a beast!

I wanted to thank all the course workers. I saw a lot of people making smart decisions and really hustling to get those cones set up so we didn't have to hold up the cars. Made things go very smoothly. Apparently we averaged a car finishing every 32 seconds including the time spent during heat changeovers. I mean who doesn't love heading home early WITH an extra run?
--Nick D
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

Here's a link to all the recorded runs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 0pBN2xmQlE
Mike M
Areddi

Post by Areddi »

NoVA_STi
Car: 2011 STi Sedan
CDC Member#: 668

Post by NoVA_STi »

BugBomb wrote:Here's a link to all the recorded runs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 0pBN2xmQlE
Thanks, BugBomb, for making the time and effort to provide this information!
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I'm surprised no one has complained that the Championship results had not been updated since the first event. Well it's updated now, and its upgraded. From now on, if you are a member and have not changed your driver number recently, the Championship will automatically update for you with each event. You are no longer at the mercy of my laziness. ;)

I haven't updated Smallbore just yet, but I will get it updated before the next event. You are still at the mercy of my laziness...for now.
Mike M
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

As a side note, I may have lost my sunglasses at this event (lost meaning placed someplace when taking off my helmet and then walked away). Chances are they're probably laying around the house somewhere with my last set of car keys, but if anyone found a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses, I'd really appreciate a head's up. I'll buy the finder as many hot sausages as they can eat at our next event. :o

Cheers,

Mike
--Mike Adrian
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

There was a pair of sunglasses on the sidewalk near the registration table about mid-way through the event. I picked them up and laid them on the table so they wouldn't get stepped on. I didn't look closely enough to see whether they were Maui Jim. Maybe an organizer picked them up if they were still there at the end of the event.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Hey Wade, thanks for the heads up. Knowing me, that was probably them (Lindsay calls it "drop and plop"). At any rate, hopefully I'll find them. If not...luckily, I haven't lost the pair of sunglasses that Nick (v10climber) loaned to me about 4 years ago. 8-)
--Mike Adrian