James Wood HS June 30 Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

James Wood HS June 30 Results

Post by BugBomb »

James Wood High School June 30th Results

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.

Also, Anyone interested in seeing all the recorded runs from the event can view that right here.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Re: James Wood HS June 30 Results

Post by Nathan Atkins »

thanks for getting that online so quickly, last night! i was able to elicit a dismissive "that's very nice dear" from my Wife even earlier than usual ;)
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I noticed also that I was undoubtedly the quickest Wankel-engined car of the day!! 8-)
Hobbs5313
Car: 05 S2000(sold); 2011 328i
CDC Member#: 306

Post by Hobbs5313 »

Thanks for posting the results so quickly! Had a blast.
Here's my fastest official run...
http://youtu.be/KNp7YVyzwhU
Entroper
Car: 2002 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 571

Post by Entroper »

Huge thanks to all the organizers! Had an absolute blast yesterday, it made coming home to a house with no power and no AC more bearable.

18 runs for 50 bucks, and out of town by 3? I don't think there's a better deal around. :) The course was smooth, easy to follow, challenging to drive, as it should be. I set a 38.1 on my 3rd run and did it again 4 more times, but never faster.
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

Entroper wrote:Huge thanks to all the organizers! Had an absolute blast yesterday, it made coming home to a house with no power and no AC more bearable.

18 runs for 50 bucks, and out of town by 3? I don't think there's a better deal around. :) The course was smooth, easy to follow, challenging to drive, as it should be. I set a 38.1 on my 3rd run and did it again 4 more times, but never faster.
+1 on all accounts.
Sky Render
Car: 2011 Mustang 5.0
CDC Member#: 750

Post by Sky Render »

I noticed a definite difference in traction between Heat 1 in the morning and in the afternoon. There was a LOT of debris from that derecho! I really liked the course, though!
Vince (#750)
Grey 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0

I'm slow.
Beepbeep
Car: 2013, Mustang GT
CDC Member#: 391

Post by Beepbeep »

Great job as usual for the staff of CDC! Thank you.

Finally get to wipe off the autox cob webs, my first with CDC and second autox after 2 years. Can't wait to learn how to properly drive my new to me ride and be at the top ten. :)
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Thanks everyone for not taking out the stop sensor like I almost did on my last run. :oops: My tires finally got too hot to deal with my overly late braking. I need to learn left-foot braking to keep the boost up and maybe one day go faster than Franklin.
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

This event showed me the impact of improper tire pressure. 10 of my first 13 runs were within .5 seconds of each other (fastest of the 13 coming on the 4th run). I seem to have platueaued after my 4th. After the 13th run i checked my tire pressure (yea it took me 9 runs extra to figure maybe i should check) to find rediculously high pressures. I adjusted them to what I started with which resulted in my last 5 runs averaging .5 seconds faster (fastest of the day coming on the very first run after lowering pressure). Now ill check pressures much sooner and much more often, and also maybe try a lower tire pressure.

I really dont think I would have learned my lesson with the standard 6 runs. Not to mention just getting the seat time.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Huge thanks to all the organizers! Larry too(at least the course wasn't too long)! All kidding aside- it seems like the events are running incredibly smoothly. Hats off to all of you! And to all of us participants too--- fast heat changes are the secret to much happiness. And that everybody seems to be moving quickly to their work stations and RUNNING after cones.
9 runs taught me that I need to remember to 'go slow in the slow parts so I can go fast in the fast parts'. Also that Frank's tires are about heat cycled out and were probably the only ones there that were happier in the afternoon. Also-- it was good to see Ed get to enjoy some autocrossing for a change! Now if I can only beat Frank in my own car...
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
fox&abox

Post by fox&abox »

Thanks for setting this event up. I had a great time and got soooo many runs in. What a deal!! :D
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

Dan133 wrote:Huge thanks to all the organizers! Larry too(at least the course wasn't too long)! All kidding aside- it seems like the events are running incredibly smoothly. Hats off to all of you! And to all of us participants too--- fast heat changes are the secret to much happiness. And that everybody seems to be moving quickly to their work stations and RUNNING after cones.
9 runs taught me that I need to remember to 'go slow in the slow parts so I can go fast in the fast parts'. Also that Frank's tires are about heat cycled out and were probably the only ones there that were happier in the afternoon. Also-- it was good to see Ed get to enjoy some autocrossing for a change! Now if I can only beat Frank in my own car...
Echoing Dan's sentiments - huge thanks to the organizers. :) Always. Well, sans Larry. :o j/k of course :lol:
Dan, I see you pulling out a sb win next weekend. ;)

hmm, emoticons are fun. lets do more. :D :) :( :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: