Enkei RPF1 source?

Parking lots and traffic cones.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Enkei RPF1 source?

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Anybody know of a local or semi-local source for RPF1's? I need a single 15x7 silver, 4x100, 35mm offset (miata). Tirerack has them cheap, but are out of stock for a week or two. Would consider used if anybody in the club has one or more they want to get rid of.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Re: Enkei RPF1 source?

Post by david.valeri »

Radial Tire can get them, but they need to be ordered so it may end up taking just as long. Paul will try to talk you out of buying them though. He managed to talk me out of a second set. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.
Wade Chamberlain

David-

What's his reasoning? I have RPF1's for the miata and the cobra, and I love them. They *are* a little delicate for street use (hence the need for 1 on the miata), but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

What does he recommend? There aren't many "affordable" wheels that are even close to the RPF1's for weight.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

He kept insisting that I would never notice the weight difference and that they were a little on the delicate side for track use. The offset on the RPF1s is also not as good. I was shopping Team Dynamics against the RPF1s. I have used the RPF1s on the track for a couple weekends and I never had issues. No offs with them, but I do make use of the curbs with reckless abandon.

After having the shops at Summit replace a couple tires, I'm kinda glad I bought cheap rims because I think I would have cried watching the guy scratch up the paint on a $200 rim.
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

I've bought wheels from Good-Win racing, and he sometimes has decent sales. Shipping is from California, but he usually has them in stock.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1050.html

What about 6ULs for track use? They are certainly affordable, and the weight isn't bad. I've had the Enkei RS+M for a few years, and they are fairly tough (but a bit heavier).
Wade Chamberlain

goodwin has RPF1's on sale right now, but the shipping from CA sucks. 6UL's are sweet...I would have bought a full set of 15x7.5's if I could have found any in stock. I ended up digging out my stock BBS (M-edition) wheels from the basement. The RS2's on them probably spark a little bit at night, but they'll be OK for a week or two that Tire Rack needs to get me a new RPF1.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

I have the Kosei K1-TS' 15x7 for my 01'. They clear the sport brakes, are only 11 lbs, and are basically identical in design to the RPF1's. I love them :D and they're usually cheaper than the Enkei's
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Wade ,

first off that wheel was not damaged due to driving ON the road. RPF/1's are awesome, ten times better than the R1's. I was shocked at the performance difference.

You can borrow mine while waiting for a replacement, or better yet sneak over when I'm not around. They are by the side door in the barn and have some NT/01's on them. Seriously you can borrow them until you get one.