Hiatus

Parking lots and traffic cones.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Hiatus

Post by FredK »

What's up with a two month break in the action? I think the rain is almost over.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Hiatus

Post by echan »

We did have an autocross schedule in June at Harry Grove but the Stadium cancelled our event due to a conflict. Joe Macinnes is trying to schedule another June date with Harry Grove. Bowie is not available in June, and I'm still trying to get with Prince William County Schools to secure a lot there. If one of the places pans out, we might be able to get a June date.

Otherwise, we may have 4 events in July (exploring another event date in the end of July).

Ed
echan

Re: Hiatus

Post by echan »

I found out from Joe Macinnes last night that we won't be able to get a June date at Harry Grove. We also won't be able to get a VA date for June.

In short, we won't be having a June autocross. I know a lot of participants and organizers are disappointed, included myself.

It's too bad that we don't own a facility so that we can autocross every weekend. Imagine a huge lot with no curbs of poles, with an air conditioned club house serving good food at an affordable price overlooking the autocross. The clubhouse would also have clean rest rooms, locker rooms with showers. After the autocross, you would be able to shower and change into clean clothes, sit back and relax with a cold beer and much a good food, while watching replays of the days events (on one of many large screen TVs). The facility could also be used as a drive-in theater at night with the club house as the place for people to get their popcorn and snacks.

Ed
echan

Re: Hiatus New June DATES 21st and 22nd

Post by echan »

We just heard from Harry Grove Stadium. We can get the lot on Saturday June 21st and Sunday June 22nd. I just posted the events on the schedule.

Ed