2013 CDC Schedule

Parking lots and traffic cones.
drakedeming
Car: EVO RS
CDC Member#: 666

Re: 2013 CDC Schedule

Post by drakedeming »

I have a new transfer case for my EVO, just have to put it in the car, do brakes and order some tires and I should be good to go by event 2(out of the country for the first one). Maybe I can get through a season without breaking down now.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Sky Render wrote:Any way we can do a Sunday instead?
We're checking into that, as well as trying a different location (Bowie, Woodridge, and Frederick - even Waldorf is booked). We're looking into possible a different high school or Sunday (which also has issues).
echan

Post by echan »

New date is SUNday June 16th at James Wood HS, Winchester, VA
earl998
Car: 92 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 998

Post by earl998 »

Thats great ED. Did not want to see us lose a date at Winchester. Thanks :D
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Denise just pointed out that this is the same thing we had to do last year (First Winchester date was a Sunday, and for the same conflict). That didn't even occur to me.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
echan

Post by echan »

BugBomb wrote:Denise just pointed out that this is the same thing we had to do last year (First Winchester date was a Sunday, and for the same conflict). That didn't even occur to me.
I would have never remembered that. I guess she's much better at remember it. To be honest, all the events start blending together to me. I tend to remember the dates when it rains, when the parents call the police on us, or when a motorcoach full of ball players tries to cut accross the course! Thank God that the other 99% of the events, everything goes as clock-work.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

I vote for Denise to do the scheduling. ;-)
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
echan

Post by echan »

Dan133 wrote:I vote for Denise to do the scheduling. ;-)
I would be happy to let her. In reality, several of us work on the schedule and its a shared effort with almost all the organizers leading to the first event.

Jen proposes dates and locations based on known schedules of the various ball parks, other club events, estimations on how large the field we can expect, etc. I call some of the property managers and Activity Directors and reserve dates, and Mike M calls others. After all the lots and dates are settled (sometimes requiring a few iterations), Ted contacts our insurance agent and obtains the Certificates of Insurance and writes the checks for payment/deposits (insurance and lots), and I sign the contracts.

Before the first event, Mike checks out the equipment and takes inventory of needed equipment for the North trailer, and I do the same for the South trailer. Joe S. often holds a refresher course with any updates to software/timing equipment and many organizers will do a dry run before the season starts.

During the whole process (and through out the season), all the organizers will offer suggestions on how to improve the events and process. I think this focus is what makes our events relatively organized with continual improved quality. I like to think we're special, but I suppose other clubs have to do similar things to hold their autocross series.

Then we finally open the first event reservation system with the mass e-mail around 10 days before opening day.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

I knew there had to be a lot going on behind the scenes to make the events come off as smoothly as they do. Very impressive. Thanks guys!
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

I know we all appreciate the work you guys put in. Can't wait for the first event!
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

When is the first event opening for registration?
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
echan

Post by echan »

Areddi wrote:When is the first event opening for registration?
I plan to open up the reservation system for members (and their guests) on March 4th, the mass e-mail will go out around the 5th. Non-members can make a reservation on Friday March 8th, on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So if you are reading this post, you can get the jump before the mass e-mail.

Ed
scheherazade
Car: 09 GTR
CDC Member#: 684

Post by scheherazade »

echan wrote:We just learned of a conflict with James Wood on 6/15/13. So we have to cancel that event. We are trying to find another date. Otherwise, we will have one less event.

Ed
could add more woodbridge...

wink wink

-scheherazade
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

omfg event is open :D
silver 681
echan

Post by echan »

ericw wrote:omfg event is open :D
Yes, first autox and TNT is now open to members. I'll send out the mass e-mail tomorrow.
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Post by Silver_Surfer »

Registered! Can't wait!!
etherpool
Car: 2004 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 335

Post by etherpool »

Nice! Only 3 conflicts this season and they are all far apart from each other. Maybe I can actually make a CDC event this season!!
locdizzel

Post by locdizzel »

New here looking to take a shot at the first test & tune
TwhiteFG2

Post by TwhiteFG2 »

I was trying to register for march 16-17, It says members only, I was a member 2 years ago but because of too many conflicting dates last year I didn't pay for the membership but I did go to a few events. My old number was 560 I'm planning to pay for the annual membership this year. Is it still possible to register for this event?

Thanks Will
echan

Post by echan »

TwhiteFG2 wrote:I was trying to register for march 16-17, It says members only, I was a member 2 years ago but because of too many conflicting dates last year I didn't pay for the membership but I did go to a few events. My old number was 560 I'm planning to pay for the annual membership this year. Is it still possible to register for this event?

Thanks Will
The reservation system is now open to members and all members. You can either sign up now as a member (and renew your membership at the event) or as a non-member (and pay the additional $10 non-member fee).

Since most of us will be a little rusty and may not run as smoothly as normal, I didn't post on the other forums and will try to keep the field a little lighter than normal. The Saturday event is starting to fill out and the TNT currently still has plenty of slots available.

Ed
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

When does registration usually close? ....assuming it doesnt fill up. Not sure if I am going to make this event yet.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

yardy8301 wrote:When does registration usually close? ....assuming it doesnt fill up. Not sure if I am going to make this event yet.
If you show up at the event with cash you'll get in.
echan

Post by echan »

FredK wrote:
yardy8301 wrote:When does registration usually close? ....assuming it doesnt fill up. Not sure if I am going to make this event yet.
If you show up at the event with cash you'll get in.
Most of the time, but there HAVE been times we turned people away, and they got really PISSED thinking that we ALWAYS take walk-ons. I'd say there's a 90% chance of being able to be a walk-on (near 100% during the summer, but less than 50% on the first and last events of the year).
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

Thanks guys. I fully understand the risks associated with showing up the day of. Consequence to me is 2 hrs (round trip) driving resulting in not being able to autocross. But the likelihood is pretty remote. For now Ill have to accept that risk.
Prime12
Car: 2011 Evo X

Post by Prime12 »

No, it can't be raining this weekend! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: