Harry Grove March 16th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.

Here are the runs from the T&T.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Re: Harry Grove March 16th Results

Post by Silver_Surfer »

Thanks! Had a blast, glad the weather held out. Enjoy the test n tune.
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Congratulations Eric! Hell of a drive!!
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Stinks that only 57 people showed up with some 90 registered.
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

03threefiftyz wrote:Stinks that only 57 people showed up with some 90 registered.
If any participant makes a reservation for an event but does not attend, the next event that the participant attends will be placed in heat 4 (or heat 3 if heat 4 is full)
Is this rule still being enforced..?
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
03threefiftyz wrote:Stinks that only 57 people showed up with some 90 registered.
If any participant makes a reservation for an event but does not attend, the next event that the participant attends will be placed in heat 4 (or heat 3 if heat 4 is full)
If the participant did not send us an e-mail telling us that they would not attend, they would be subject to this rule. Keep in mind that this rule was put in place so that a participant does not make a reservation with little or no intent to participate. This practice (of making a reservation with no intending to show) takes away slots from people that want to participate but can't due to someone making a "false" reservation. The club purchases food based on the roster, and closes the field based on the roster.

I think the large numbe of no-shows wasn't due to any indiviudals intentionally not planning to attend, but did not attend due to the poor weather forecast. For this particular event, I'm not going to make a list of offenders. As a side note, I did receive many e-mails notifying me that they would not attend.

Conversely if the day were a pleasant day with a full field and we get no-shows without any notice, they will be placed in the last heat at their next CDC event. In short, this rule won't apply to you if you just send an e-mail stating that you won't attend the event. If however, you make a reservation and consistantly are a no-show (or boost to others that you don't plan to attend and just make a reservation just to take up room), you will be placed in the last heat at the next event.

We try to make our events as friendly as possible and only make these rules so that people don't abuse the system.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Given the weather forecast I thought the turnout was great. My dad took my slot and said it was really fun. I wish he'd driven my car faster though.
Rock Star
Car: 93 Rx-7, 83 SPEC7, 70 GT6
CDC Member#: 515

Post by Rock Star »

Hey Mike, my co-driver "Devo" must have entered the wrong index for the car. His should be the same as mine for scoring (also he should be included in Smallbore). Thanks.

Also, the car made it home fine after Sunday. I think it was just all the back-to-back runs without cool down that caused the coolant to out expand the expansion tank. That little metal one looks cool, but I don't think it has the required capacity for what the car needs. My priority is still getting decent tires and wheels, but expanding that tank has been added to the list now as well. She'll be back again and hopefully a little less of a handful next time :D
Gregory549

Post by Gregory549 »

My best run of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZqM32V2yJA

This was my first time running the new BRZ. Stock tires were pretty bad. Car was super fun to drive. Can't wait to race it all summer long.
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

BugBomb wrote:Harry Grove March 16th Results

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.
The results page on our site has been updated as well (http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/results.html). It will always show the most current version of the spreadsheet as Mike updates it.

Below the results are links to google docs for the past 2 years results for those that are interested.
-- Jason
CaitieD
Car: 2010 MINI JCW Hardtop
CDC Member#: 543

Post by CaitieD »

FredK wrote:Given the weather forecast I thought the turnout was great. My dad took my slot and said it was really fun. I wish he'd driven my car faster though.
Did your dad take your slot at SCCA too? ;)
Caitlin
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

be nice to pop Kelley :lol:
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
jadams1217
Car: Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 688

Post by jadams1217 »

Thanks to all the organizers. Had a lot of fun even though it was crazy cold.

Here was my best run (40.57s) - http://youtu.be/lPg8-Eos-aU
Looking forward to driving the Cobra

Also made it to the Test & Tune on Sunday and managed to shave another second off my time: http://youtu.be/xCZyt3Y_UQQ

Looking forward to the next event and warmer weather.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:be nice to pop Kelley :lol:
Well, after standing in the cold for 8 hours Sunday At Fed Ex I was a "popsicle". My Dad did say some kid kept bugging him about driving "his" Cobra at HG. I need to teach him how to drive. Glad the food poisoning only lasted a day though.
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Post by Silver_Surfer »

echan wrote:
AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
If the participant did not send us an e-mail telling us that they would not attend, they would be subject to this rule. Keep in mind that this rule was put in place so that a participant does not make a reservation with little or no intent to participate. This practice (of making a reservation with no intending to show) takes away slots from people that want to participate but can't due to someone making a "false" reservation. The club purchases food based on the roster, and closes the field based on the roster.

I think the large numbe of no-shows wasn't due to any indiviudals intentionally not planning to attend, but did not attend due to the poor weather forecast. For this particular event, I'm not going to make a list of offenders. As a side note, I did receive many e-mails notifying me that they would not attend.

Conversely if the day were a pleasant day with a full field and we get no-shows without any notice, they will be placed in the last heat at their next CDC event. In short, this rule won't apply to you if you just send an e-mail stating that you won't attend the event. If however, you make a reservation and consistantly are a no-show (or boost to others that you don't plan to attend and just make a reservation just to take up room), you will be placed in the last heat at the next event.

We try to make our events as friendly as possible and only make these rules so that people don't abuse the system.
Any thoughts are starting a pre-pay system using paypal? People who already paid are lot less likely to not show up and if they still don't it's most likely for a good reason. You could still have have walk ons, but charge $5 more to pay the day of. This may even boost membership.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Silver_Surfer wrote: Any thoughts are starting a pre-pay system using paypal? People who already paid are lot less likely to not show up and if they still don't it's most likely for a good reason. You could still have have walk ons, but charge $5 more to pay the day of. This may even boost membership.
We thought about it but there's several disadvantages (PayPal fees, right to decline charges for services not rendered, disputes, determining if a cancellation should warrant a refund, etc). Philosophically charging people for something that they did not attend often leaves a bad taste with participants. Our model is more a reservation system, like a dinner reservation, rather than a registration system (of pre-payment). The organizers have dissussed this at length and it's not a new idea.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

You can't stop the bone-stock Chevy Volt wife shuttle. Just look at that result! :)
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

defylogik wrote:You can't stop the bone-stock Chevy Volt wife shuttle. Just look at that result! :)
I gotta say I was impressed. Now just imagine that thing with Hoosiers :D
--Nick D