Anyone have a spare set of 15+" Miata wheels / tires

Parking lots and traffic cones.
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Anyone have a spare set of 15+" Miata wheels / tires

Post by madrian »

So here's the deal:

I have a set of BFG Rivals sitting in my garage, but due to supplier delays, no wheels to mount them on until mid may sometime. No problem, I thought...we'll just keep driving on the all seasons. That worked great, but they have now gotten to the point of starting to blow out (we lost one yesterday and the others aren't looking great).

As I can see it, this leaves me with three options:

1) Buy winter tires. They'll wear like junk (anyone ever run winters in the summer?) but will leave us with a dedicated winter tire for next year
2) Buy new all seasons for the 16"s. This is a decent option but seems crazy for a tire that will only be mounted in the winter (it's not like we're going to swap the rivals for all seasons to save on tire cost...I'm just too lazy)
3) Cancel the order and buy new wheels. That being said, we really like the 6ULs and its only a month.

That leaves me with this post. If anyone has any dead street tires on an extra set of wheels that will fit on a 01+ Miata, I would gladly compensate you if I could borrow them for the next month or so.

Cheers,

Mike
--Mike Adrian
Apexcarver

Re: Anyone have a spare set of 15+" Miata wheels / tires

Post by Apexcarver »

I have a set of 15's with 3 good tires (4th has a sidewall blowout) that I want to get rid of.

Full disclosure: they came with my car when I got it, I have never had them on the car myself. PO reported that they were bent and would not balance, they are ugly chrome tire store junk that weigh entirely too much.

I am going to be where I have the wheels stored this weekend (3 hours away), but will need to see if I can fit them to bring them back (hopefully driving my miata back). I think I can fit them if I get creative.

More interested in selling than loaning, email me at Apexcarver AT gmail DOT com if your interested.

Throwing out a price.. $200?

-Joseph "MustangBoy" O.
(╯°□°)╯︵|> ____________________ Joseph O.