Bowie April 20th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Bowie April 20th Results

Post by BugBomb »

Bowie April 20th Results

With the 2nd CDC Championship event over, Eric continues his dual-front assault on both index and smallbore with Franklin nipping at his heels.

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Bowie April 20th Results

Post by echan »

Mike,

Thanks for the super quick turn-around, especially when you were out of town until Sunday night!

Looks like the index points after the 85th person is a little messed up with the partial points and even negative points (participants should get at least 1 point).

Ed
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

It appears there was some sort of data corruption with the CDC Results file last night. Everything looked great when I posted it before bed. :?

I went back and restored a previous version of the file from last night, and everything looks good again. Hopefully it stays that way this time.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Mike - thanks a million for posting these, results look good to me!
--Mike Adrian
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

BugBomb wrote:
Eric continues his dual-front assault on both index and smallbore with Franklin nipping at his heels.

Let me know if you see any problems
I see a lot of problems
escottc
Car: 2010 VW GTI MK6 Grey
CDC Member#: 505

Post by escottc »

Being a noob, what problems do the result represent? I only ask because, well, I obviously know nothing being an ignorant noob.

I wish I had a sellers commission, but if there a questions for results I'd suggest maintaining personal results with Harry's Laptimer which has autocross capabilities. Note: The App has a bit of a learning curse, for me anyhow.

Example: http://youtu.be/L4oTaYnDqG4

Side question: What if I were to mod after signing up for an event? In this case adding a cold air intake for instance. I have really no way of knowing if my HP has changed unless I dyno my ride. I was on the edge of HP before, 200, but think even witha simple thing like air intake I could go over my HP limit and land in a new rating
- Scott
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

escottc wrote: Side question: What if I were to mod after signing up for an event? In this case adding a cold air intake for instance. I have really no way of knowing if my HP has changed unless I dyno my ride. I was on the edge of HP before, 200, but think even witha simple thing like air intake I could go over my HP limit and land in a new rating
The HP rating is your best guess of HP at the wheels. In the event of a protest, a car's HP could be verified (in theory, but no one's worked out the details of who pays for the dyno pull). At this time, if you make your best effort to rate your car correctly, there won't be any issue.
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Scott, they mean like if your index isn't correct, or if it said you had a lime green koeneggsegg or something like that, usually they're pretty accurate, just sometimes the automated system doesn't keep up with all the co drivers and stuff.

also for your index, it goes by power as measured at the wheels, so your factory 200bhp (brake horsepower as measured at the engine output shaft) is actually about 167whp (wheel horsepower as measured on a chassis dyno) or so with a typical 17% drivetrain loss, so with that in mind you have some 30 or so horsepower you can gain before you should in Good concience move up a category.

Now, with THAT being said, this club is more about hanging out with buddies, talking cars, grilling hot dogs and having fun, so the competitive side of things is a lot less serious than you would see at an SCCA event. You say you've got 167whp? Sounds good to us,nobody is going to cry foul here unless you're obviously full of it ;)
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

For the record, I go with the 200-250 index even though I have a stock "232hp" RX8 which tends to chassis dyno in the 170s, talk about optimistically rated! Like I said the competition is not that serious here. :P
escottc

Post by escottc »

Sure! Über gibber to the shubernuba. Not sure about those numbers and funny acronyms but ya, I'll mod.
- Scott
escottc

Post by escottc »

Sorry for that that last post and being ridiculous.

I'll jump to the next level rating after the May 4th event. Thanks Nate and Ed for explaining the ratings, and how strict they are, or aren't, as the case may be. With a bit more knowledge and time I'll be able to make sure to land in the right category.

Also, I didn't mean to hijack the thread from talking about the results, and track from April 20th. I just realized I may have done that.

- Scott
- Scott
smetzger
Car: 09 Miata - Red
CDC Member#: 426

Post by smetzger »

Here are some pics I took of the event.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110722990851
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

That link doesn't appear to be working for me.
silver 681
escottc

Post by escottc »

Ya, can't see link. Sorry.
- Scott
smetzger
Car: 09 Miata - Red
CDC Member#: 426

Post by smetzger »

escottc

Post by escottc »

Thanks for sharing.
- Scott
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

Why is there a TIE fighter chasing Jared around the course?
Mike M
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

They were trying to gun down the Jedi Ginger!!! it's ok though, the turbo force was strong with this one.