Next CDC Autocross SATurday May 4th Bowie

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Next CDC Autocross SATurday May 4th Bowie

Post by echan »

SATurday May 4th Autocross

Bowie Baysox Stadium, Bowie, MD is the location of the next autocross on SATURDAY May 4th.

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 and will promptly close at 8:45 to try to accommodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45. So if you arrive at 8:00 you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute.

The event fee for the Saturday autocross is $30 for members and $40 for non-members at this event.

On-line Reservation System

Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time athttp://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/ under the Schedule Tab. Open reservations for non-members for this event begin Friday April 26th.

New Members

We will be accepting new members at this event. If you plan to join the club at this event, you may make a reservation at this time by doing the following:

1. Use "0" as the member number (a permanent number will be assigned to you after you join and you will get a temporary number for this event)
2. TYPE "I will be joining the club at this event" in the NOTES Section when making you reservation.

The annual membership is $30 and is good for 12 months from the date you join.

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me at capitaldriving@yahoo.com.

Ed Chan
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Re: Next CDC Autocross SATurday May 4th Bowie

Post by BugBomb »

This club needs some more friendly rivalries.

You're going down, Eric. All I've got is a Celica prepped for G-Stock and some fresh ZIIs. We'll see if it's enough. :)
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

BugBomb wrote:This club needs some more friendly rivalries.

You're going down, Eric. All I've got is a Celica prepped for G-Stock and some fresh ZIIs. We'll see if it's enough. :)
Not coming Saturday. :lol: I can provide crushing defeat to all friendly rivals at Frederick on the 19th or whatever.
silver 681
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

what the heck Eric! what could possibly be more important than autox
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

Just sticking around the house after driving both days the past two weekends. Maybe do some yard work, put some lowering springs on the Scion XA, pick up some plasti-dip at Home Depot... Maybe I'll get out to bed, bath, and beyond... I dunno. Don't know if I'll have time.
silver 681
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

ericw wrote:Just sticking around the house after driving both days the past two weekends. Maybe do some yard work, put some lowering springs on the Scion XA, pick up some plasti-dip at Home Depot... Maybe I'll get out to bed, bath, and beyond... I dunno. Don't know if I'll have time.
Aww c'mon just be like the rest of us and let your house fall into total and utter disrepair during the auto-x season :lol:

I'm psyched for this auto-x. Caitlin and I have been gone for the past two weeks and missed a few events. This will be the first CDC auto-x of the season for the mini and it's definitely faster than last year. I guess we can all say we beat Eric at this event huh? ;-)
--Nick D
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I'm missing this one as well, so I guess I can't say I scored higher than Eric! At least I won't score lower than him either!

I was looking forward to seeing Nick and Caitlin with their upgraded cars, guess their reckoning will have to wait ;)

Oh btw all, my wife has offered me skip barber 3-day school in exchange for 40 lbs so in the future if you see me scarfing one of those delicious sausages, slap it out of my hand and say "BAD!"
echan

Post by echan »

Nathan Atkins wrote:I'm missing this one as well, so I guess I can't say I scored higher than Eric! At least I won't score lower than him either!

I was looking forward to seeing Nick and Caitlin with their upgraded cars, guess their reckoning will have to wait ;)

Oh btw all, my wife has offered me skip barber 3-day school in exchange for 40 lbs so in the future if you see me scarfing one of those delicious sausages, slap it out of my hand and say "BAD!"
Just eat the sausage with no bun. I think the carbs is worse than the sausage. Also drink water instead of soda or ice tea. And no chips. And no sugar. And no pasta. And no cookies. And no...
v10climber

Post by v10climber »

Nathan Atkins wrote:I'm missing this one as well, so I guess I can't say I scored higher than Eric! At least I won't score lower than him either!

But you've already seen the faster mini. I think we've got 5-6 events on it so far this season. It was the fastest BMW at the BMW auto-x so we'll see how it fares with the CDC regulars.

I've done a Skip Barber 3-day at Road Atlanta and it was awesome. You can stand in the middle of the course and be the designated cone shagger :lol: Bring your running shoes! We're putting you to work!
--Nick D
DriftSS
CDC Member#: 126

Post by DriftSS »

Was hoping to make my CDC return at this event...been a long time since a CDC event and getting the bug again. Unfortunately I just today got my new toy registered and am awaiting rear Hoosiers (damn 345 30 19s are pricy!!!). Might be there on 6/1 instead if all goes well and I can also get my car to fit my trailer( may be too low and wide). Meanwhile, here is a pic of the new beast :twisted: (all 500+RWHP of it) to replace the semi-retired pair of Camaros... :D
Corvette3backup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen Catlin
#126 2008 Black Corvette Z06 :)
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Sweet car! Great to see some direct competition - maybe I'll have to bring the Vette out this year, after all. No HooHoo's for me this year with wedding planning and all. I'm with you - not sure why nobody makes a decent tire in c6 Z06 sizes...I recently sent an email begging BFG to make the rival in a 345/30/19....after all, they do the 18's and the 20's...and could keep me from needing to worry about the trailer or support car to carry the Hoosiers. ;)
--Mike Adrian
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

Get the Kuhmo Ecsta XS... they are a pretty damn good tire

http://www.vulcantire.com/tire_detail/e ... 4AodkwQA4w
escottc
Car: 2010 VW GTI MK6 Grey
CDC Member#: 505

Post by escottc »

It would have been a perfect day if I could have only stayed the course the 3 laps of the first heat. I made up for it though. :ugeek:

http://youtu.be/UOOHq9F_wd0
(staging of video added nearly 4 seconds; finish-line POI set at exit)
- Scott
ferris

Post by ferris »

Great day!

I gave some rides to a friends son ... this is the video I made

http://youtu.be/yZyJ7Oj_FvA
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

Had a great time today and loved the course. I really liked the Chicago box and the high speed slalom. I would definitely be a fan more of that tricky stuff in future courses!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch ... Kf1gM6H0w8
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
aeonracer

Post by aeonracer »

Also loved the course. Took a few snaps as well, so enjoy everyone, didn't capture everyone's cars there was just too many of us :D

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/aeonrac ... owie%205-4
DriftSS

Post by DriftSS »

I considered the Kumho XS...unfortunately they discontinued the 345 30 19 size. Also wasn't sure how it would handle the power. Never liked almost r-comps even on my Camaros. I drive too aggressively and they just can't bite well enough. Did see a few left over XS tires on ebay but wasn't sure of date codes. Besides, I bought a set of slightly used 295 30 18 A6 fronts so I'm committed to the A6 for rears despite the ridiculous price they charge...

Definitely bring the Z out. I may run an event with my Invos to make it a fair fight...and to avoid the hassle of trailering the car...still haven't loaded it to see if it even fits my homemade (and narrow) car trailer. Barely fits the Camaro.
Stephen Catlin
v10climber

Post by v10climber »

DriftSS wrote:I may run an event with my Invos to make it a fair fight...and to avoid the hassle of trailering the car...still haven't loaded it to see if it even fits my homemade (and narrow) car trailer. Barely fits the Camaro.
I'm going to bet you're just going to do that once. Corvettes on street tires gets pretty frustrating at an auto-x. They still go like hell but have a real time getting turned. :lol:
--Nick D
DriftSS

Post by DriftSS »

Exactly! That's why I haven't autoxed yet with it. Tried it a couple times in Steve Henri's 2002 Z06 years ago and that car loses the front on cornering and the rear on acceleration. Not fun to drive. Even in my son's 91 Camaro I found myself doing all the steering with the rear using street tires or Azenis. Since I have about 140RWHP more than either car it will not be fun trying to run the beast even with good street tires. But I think the problem is solved. Radial Tire is hooking me up with A6s in the near future. But I'm conflicted on the 5/19 event with CDC because I may want to run the maiden event with the Corvette club at Lincoln Tech that day. But maybe out on 6/1 instead.
Stephen Catlin
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Yeah, I really wish you could still get the XS's in the right size...would be the perfect option. Only trouble with the Hoosiers is that you go through 3-5 sets per year. At 1800 a pop, it becomes difficult to justify in a hear. :)
--Mike Adrian
glennkrueger
Car: 2002 S2000
CDC Member#: 623

Post by glennkrueger »

BugBomb wrote:This club needs some more friendly rivalries.
Nate, Alex, and I have a good FR-S vs RX-8 vs S2000 rivalry going. I think Alex is going to win in season points out of the three of us because he seems to be the best at actually attending the events lol.

Nate was the fastest last time we all met at Bowie, but as my high school band director always said, "you're only as good as your next performance!" ;)
Math puns are the first sine of madness!
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

glennkrueger wrote: Nate, Alex, and I have a good FR-S vs RX-8 vs S2000 rivalry going. I think Alex is going to win in season points out of the three of us because he seems to be the best at actually attending the events lol.
:D I don't plan to miss more than 6!

We'll just have to see if my tires stay competitive to the end of the year when they've got close to 20,000 miles on them :o
echan

Post by echan »

Nathan Atkins wrote:
glennkrueger wrote: Nate, Alex, and I have a good FR-S vs RX-8 vs S2000 rivalry going. I think Alex is going to win in season points out of the three of us because he seems to be the best at actually attending the events lol.
:D I don't plan to miss more than 6!

We'll just have to see if my tires stay competitive to the end of the year when they've got close to 20,000 miles on them :o
Technically, we count the top 9 events. The results header is incorrect.
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Ill make at least 9 for sure, hey Ed how about my second Winchester slot be good for points on that Bowie event I missed eh? 8-) haha

In the mean time I'm going to do my best to overtake Alex while down an event until we get to nine! :o