DIY spaces

Parking lots and traffic cones.
escottc
Car: 2010 VW GTI MK6 Grey
CDC Member#: 505

DIY spaces

Post by escottc »

I'm planning on some mods and don't want to be a sucker doing it. If I can help anyone that's planning on modifications to their ride I'd love to help, or just get I the way (bad joke). I would be very happy to intice with a couple of brews or a steak (grill not included.. haha).

Let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
- Scott
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Re: DIY spaces

Post by madrian »

Hey Scott,

It's a darn shame - just installed the new suspension on Lindsay's Miata yesterday! At any rate, I'll keep you posted when we're doing something else - between the cars, I'm always either modifying something or breaking something. :D

Shoot me a PM with your cell phone number (or remind me to put it in my phone at the next event) and I can let you know next time I'm working on something.

Cheers,

Mike
--Mike Adrian
escottc

Post by escottc »

Thanks Mike! I'll send you that message.

Sorry I missed your latest changes, and hope your enjoying the new ride conditions. I would have loved to see the insides of a wheel well while actually looking at the important bits. Usually the only time I've been in that area was changing a tire, and at those times was completely blind to anything else, for obvious reasons. A flat tire, and time to get to my destination.

Shopping at Tirerack.com and not knowing much makes things a bit confusing, especially with suspension. Lots to learn, but that's almost as fun as zooming through the autocross corse.

See ya next Saturday.

Thanks,
Scott
- Scott
escottc

Post by escottc »

Oops. I can't PM a message yet being new on the forum. I'll find you at the track this Saturday. Have a great week.
- Scott
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

Cant promise I know what I am doing, but within the next 2 weeks I should be replacing my lower ball joints, tie rod boots and potentially replacing front springs. You are welcome to help/watch.
escottc

Post by escottc »

@yardy8301: Ya, I'd love to help out. Getting my hands dirty would be fun. I'll track you down Saturday.
- Scott
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

I won't be at this weekends autox.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Between Mike and I we're almost always working on one car or another. If you know how to weld I can put you to work for sure ;-)

This weekend is a quickie alignment on the mini and then 2 days of auto-x. Next weekend is the exhaust on the STI and potentially aligning Jeff's miata. Then a day of auto-x. Then back to welding on the GTI during the week. It seems like it never ends.

If you need help working on your car there are multiple people in the CDC happy to help out. Depending on what it is you might be able to work on it at my place depending on if I'm free or not. I've got a press/welder and all the metric hand tools. You'll have to bring your own e-torx bits for that dumb VW though :lol:
--Nick D
escottc

Post by escottc »

Sorry to have missed you last week, as well as Yardy. Being new my sights were on the track. Not that my sight is all that good cause I was OC the first heat. :lol: There was one gate that made me look WAY left missing the next gate. :oops:

Nick,

The only welder I know is in MN so unfortunately I won't be any help there. Though I'd love to see and learn. If your still planning on work this weekend I'd like to join the upgrades if possible.

As for work on my ride... I have APR staging and downpipe I plan for them to install. After seeing video online for downpipe installs I wouldn't put that lifting on anyone else, much less my lazy arse.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
- Scott