Harry Grove May 19th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.

Here are the full results for those that bought extra slots.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Harry Grove May 19th Results

Post by echan »

Thanks for the fast turn around. I actually drove my Miata rather than the tr6. Is doesn't really matter since my points don't count and won't change anyone else's points.

Ed
oringepear

Post by oringepear »

Wow, thanks for the quick turnaround. Maybe this has been asked before, but why don't all the names show up in the small bore or championship points tabs?
gimp
Car: 1981 Camaro
CDC Member#: 0

Post by gimp »

Had a nice time today, but I really should be asleep. Great job today guys.
--Paul Przyborski
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

My(#639)quick run was in Nick's STI and should use his index, that should bump me down the order a bit ;)
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

oringepear wrote:Wow, thanks for the quick turnaround. Maybe this has been asked before, but why don't all the names show up in the small bore or championship points tabs?
At the moment, the only difficult operation on the timing spreadsheet is keeping track of new members and adding them to the championship/smallbore tabs. As a result, I usually do this every few events instead of every event, unless someone specifically mentions a person that is missing.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

Thanks everyone for the great event! we all had a lot of fun
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

I have a video of my fastest run. I deliberately mounted the camera impossibly low so no one could see the secrets to my success... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jloTNIK ... e=youtu.be
silver 681
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

I have a video of my fastest run. I deliberately mounted the camera impossibly low so no one could see the secrets to my success...
Absolutely brilliant plan. I STILL Don't know how to drive that particular Larry course fast.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Dan133 wrote:
I have a video of my fastest run. I deliberately mounted the camera impossibly low so no one could see the secrets to my success...
Absolutely brilliant plan. I STILL Don't know how to drive that particular Larry course fast.
That's the thing. Larry courses can't be driven fast. :D
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
InsightRacer
Car: 2011 Honda CR-Z
CDC Member#: 628

Post by InsightRacer »

The results don't look right.

I'm not sure how they are really computed but I assumed you sorted by index time and assigned score in descending order starting at 100. Aside from the fact there are two 100s, 97s, 93s, and 86s (I've seen that before but I assumed it was a rounding thing), 91 was a 44.62 and 90 was a 45.00 but 82 was a 44.8? Also, 81 was a 45.1 (that's me) but 88 was a 45.15. Everything after 88 seems off.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

InsightRacer wrote:The results don't look right.

I'm not sure how they are really computed but I assumed you sorted by index time and assigned score in descending order starting at 100. Aside from the fact there are two 100s, 97s, 93s, and 86s (I've seen that before but I assumed it was a rounding thing), 91 was a 44.62 and 90 was a 45.00 but 82 was a 44.8? Also, 81 was a 45.1 (that's me) but 88 was a 45.15. Everything after 88 seems off.
The organizers are not eligible for awards/trophies. We show their points (just for reference) and the organizer placement does not decrease the next person. So if an organizer gets 97, the next person in order will also get 97. This process eliminates any protest that the organizers have an unfair advantage. For instance Larry got 100 points but if the next person got 99, people could complain that he design the course and drove it several times. So the official FTD for May 19th is given to Jared.

Hope this explains the system.
InsightRacer

Post by InsightRacer »

echan wrote:
InsightRacer wrote:The results don't look right.

The organizers are not eligible for awards/trophies. We show their points (just for reference) and the organizer placement does not decrease the next person. So if an organizer gets 97, the next person in order will also get 97. This process eliminates any protest that the organizers have an unfair advantage. For instance Larry got 100 points but if the next person got 99, people could complain that he design the course and drove it several times. So the official FTD for May 19th is given to Jared.

Hope this explains the system.
Ed,

That explains the double scores and it makes sense.

However it doesn't explain why Craig M ran a 44.8 and got 82 points while Dan Kra ran a slower 45 and got 90 points. Similarly Fred Hig ran a 45.1 and got 81 points but Lorenzo Aco ran a slower 45.15 and got 88 points. And no one got 89 points. Every point assignment after 89 is off, with Dan's an mine being the most significant. Everyone else below that is off by 1.
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

InsightRacer wrote: However it doesn't explain why Craig M ran a 44.8 and got 82 points while Dan Kra ran a slower 45 and got 90 points. Similarly Fred Hig ran a 45.1 and got 81 points but Lorenzo Aco ran a slower 45.15 and got 88 points. And no one got 89 points. Every point assignment after 89 is off, with Dan's an mine being the most significant. Everyone else below that is off by 1.
Yesterday, Google Drive was being a PITA. Every change I made was taking 30 seconds to complete and some changes were not executing properly. I gave up trying to get it right at the time. This morning everything seems fine and I completed the changes. Now it should all look correct.

If you still see any problems, let me know.
Mike M
LaurenceC
Car: 2007, Subaru, STI
CDC Member#: 228

Post by LaurenceC »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:
Dan133 wrote:
That's the thing. Larry courses can't be driven fast. :D
Unless you are Larry :)
--Laurence #28 (a.k.a Bear) @20sqfab
2019 Shadow Gray, Chevrolet, Corvette
1993 Gray, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Autocross)
1993 White, Toyota, SW20 MR2 (Time Trial)
1965 Silver, Factory Five Roadster
InsightRacer

Post by InsightRacer »

BugBomb wrote:Yesterday, Google Drive was being a PITA. Every change I made was taking 30 seconds to complete and some changes were not executing properly. I gave up trying to get it right at the time. This morning everything seems fine and I completed the changes. Now it should all look correct.
Thank you. I feel 8 points better :D !