Next Autox ($10 discount for 2nd slot) SUNday 6/16/13

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Next Autox ($10 discount for 2nd slot) SUNday 6/16/13

Post by echan »

SUNday June 16th Autocross (Father's Day)

James Woods HS in Winchester, VA is the location of the next Capital Driving Club autocross on SUNday June 16th (Father's Day).

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:15 (giving you 15 extra minutes) and will promptly close at 8:45 to try to accommodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. You must be DONE by 8:45. So if you arrive at 8:15 you won't have a problem. Don't arrive at the last minute.
The event fee for the Saturday autocross is $30 for members and $40 for non-members.

BBQ

We tentative plan to have one of the organizers neighbors with his commercial smoker to make smoked chicken, ribs, and pork. I love BBQ and this is THE BEST I've ever had! We will price the food based on the cost (we're not out to gouge anyone). We will also have the regular hot dogs and sausages.

On-line Reservation System

Member reservations (or participants that will join the club upon showing up) for any events can be made at any time. Open reservations for non-members for this event begin Friday June 7th.

New Members

We will be accepting new members at this event. If you plan to join the club at this event, you may make a reservation at this time by doing the following:
1. Use "0" as the member number (a permanent number will be assigned to you after you join and you will get a temporary number for this event)
2. TYPE "I will be joining the club at this event" in the NOTES section when making you reservation.

$10 Discount on Second Slot

To help increase interested in this event at James Wood HS in Winchester, VA, we are offering the following special.

For anyone paying for a second slot, the second slot will be $10 off. So if you are a member the second slot for a member will only be $20. If the second slot is for a non-member the cost will be $30 (rather than $40).

The second slot can also be used the same driver (e.g. they would drive in two heats) or for a guest.

If you sign up for a second slot, just type "Second Slot" in the Notes Section. Otherwise, we may think you mistakenly submitted duplicate reservations.

Remember, to make a second slot, MAKE A SECOND RESERVATION (if the second slot is for a different person, type "Second slot for (type the name of the first slot person)".

-Several people used the second slot for a guest (some that never autocrossed with CDC) -Many participants used the second slot to get 12 runs -Some used the second slot to be a point autocross in the 6 morning runs (since only the first 6 counted for points) then treated the afternoon as a TNT by trading cars with other two slot participants

This offer is only extended for this event at James Wood HS on SUNday June 16th, 2013 and will only be offered at James Wood HS.

If you have any questions, let me know at capitaldriving@yahoo.com.

Ed
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Re: Next Autox ($10 discount for 2nd slot) SUNday 6/16/13

Post by Silver_Surfer »

Awesome, I need all the practice I can get!
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

n 4 2
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Alex and I will be swapping cars for our second slots, I can't wait to sample those z2's!

I'm hoping he doesn't scrub too much of my daily driven rubber off, frustrated by under steer! :D
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

Nathan Atkins wrote:Alex and I will be swapping cars for our second slots, I can't wait to sample those z2's!

I'm hoping he doesn't scrub too much of my daily driven rubber off, frustrated by under steer! :D
You have yet to enjoy understeer till you drive my car with that Strano bar on there
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Areddi wrote: You have yet to enjoy understeer till you drive my car with that Strano bar on there
This is an oxymoron, I submit to you as evidence the following definitions:

en·joy
/enˈjoi/
Verb
Take delight or pleasure in (an activity or occasion).
Have a pleasant time.
Synonyms
relish - delight - like

un·der·steer
/ˌəndərˈsti(ə)r/
Verb
Disappoint
Noun
Disappointment
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Synonyms
disillusion - frustrate - let down - fail
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

This. :D
--Mike Adrian
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

Will happily swap cars with anybody who would be crazy enough to let me drive their car for the afternoon runs :mrgreen: .
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Yardy I'm always down to sample other cars, and I've yet to autocross a Miata :o Alex and I are wrapped up for this Winchester event, but perhaps another time
Areddi

Post by Areddi »

Nathan Atkins wrote:Yardy I'm always down to sample other cars, and I've yet to autocross a Miata :o Alex and I are wrapped up for this Winchester event, but perhaps another time
You gonna get some fresh rubber on there for me before this weekend? I am gonna have some new Hawk pads....
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

My crew are adjusting the suspension settings and installing fresh rubber as we speak. Fastest run group please. :)
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Nathan Atkins wrote:My crew are adjusting the suspension settings and installing fresh rubber as we speak
I thought there were child labor laws to protect against that...
--Nick D
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

v10climber wrote:
Nathan Atkins wrote:My crew are adjusting the suspension settings and installing fresh rubber as we speak
I thought there were child labor laws to protect against that...
Those laws only apply if they're getting paid.
echan

Post by echan »

Sorry but the guy doing the BBQ is sick and won't be to smoke food for us. He said that he'll try to make it up to us at another Winchester event.

Ed
Areddi

Post by Areddi »

echan wrote:Sorry but the guy doing the BBQ is sick and won't be to smoke food for us. He said that he'll try to make it up to us at another Winchester event.

Ed
My fatness is very disappointed now :cry:
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

echan wrote:Sorry but the guy doing the BBQ is sick and won't be to smoke food for us. He said that he'll try to make it up to us at another Winchester event.

Ed
This is good for my "lose weight to earn a slot at skip barber racing school" deal I have going with my wife! Sorry to everyone who is disappointed! :lol:
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Shouldn't I be sleeping :lol: so excited!
Sekal

Post by Sekal »

So yeah. Today was my first CDC autocross. It defiantly has a different set up than NASA but I like it. I wish to run more in the future, and I also wish CDC ran more Sundays than Saturdays. Working in a dealership has its perks! But with perks you lose 95% of all Saturdays. Hope to run into some of you on the road, and also hope to run again with CDC in the near future!
I am BOXER86.

My other ride is a....
echan

Post by echan »

Sekal wrote:So yeah. Today was my first CDC autocross. It defiantly has a different set up than NASA but I like it. I wish to run more in the future, and I also wish CDC ran more Sundays than Saturdays. Working in a dealership has its perks! But with perks you lose 95% of all Saturdays. Hope to run into some of you on the road, and also hope to run again with CDC in the near future!
We pretty much are a Saturday event club with only a few exceptions. We ran this Sunday because the school had a charity event on Saturday. We also ran a Sunday autox at Frederick. as well as many Sunday TNT autocrosses in Frederick.

Hope to see you there more often.
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

Sekal wrote:So yeah. Today was my first CDC autocross. It defiantly has a different set up than NASA but I like it. I wish to run more in the future, and I also wish CDC ran more Sundays than Saturdays. Working in a dealership has its perks! But with perks you lose 95% of all Saturdays. Hope to run into some of you on the road, and also hope to run again with CDC in the near future!
This is why I chose to work at a dealership that isn't open on saturday's. Saturday is for racin not workin!

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
Areddi

Post by Areddi »

Loved the course and all the runs yesterday guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEX7e52eqxs
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Post by Silver_Surfer »

Great course! The double runs really helped, I managed to get down to a 37.8 on my final run.
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I got to drive four different cars! I should have catastrophic,heinously expensive critical lubrication system failures more often :D

Thanks to Chris, Alex and Justin for trusting your beloved machinery to me!
echan

Post by echan »

Nathan Atkins wrote:I got to drive four different cars! I should have catastrophic,heinously expensive critical lubrication system failures more often :D

Thanks to Chris, Alex and Justin for trusting your beloved machinery to me!
I hope you got extra oil for your drive back home. I assume everything was ok if you stopped a couple times to check/fill oil on the way back.