Dent Repair Interest at Bowie

Parking lots and traffic cones.
WRX11

Dent Repair Interest at Bowie

Post by WRX11 »

All,

CDC would like to bring dent repair service to a Bowie event and would like to find out what is the interest level for a Saturday Bowie AX event. The service would be cash based and if made available, coordinated and paid between you and the technician directly.

I have had about 10 dents (quarter size or smaller) fixed within a matter of 1 hour - 1.5 hours and the total cost was $150 to give you an idea of the cost. Pricing and time will depend on where the dents are located and the complexity of the dents obviously. All of my dents were repaired and my non-professional eyes cannot tell where they were. Needless to say, I am happy with his work.

If you are interested for CDC to schedule this service at Bowie, please post and indicated how many dents you'd like to get fixed so I can provide the total effort to the technician and check with his availability.

Update: 8/8/2013Those who expressed interest and in no particular order,
1. Ed C - Austin 100 (1 dent), Austin Healey 3000 (1 dent), Avalanche (1 dent)
2. Fred K - FR-S (a few dents)
3. phranquelynn - Miata (1 dent)
4. Mike A - Miata (1 dent)
5. Bill F - 335 (3 dents) & MX5 (1 dent)
6. Tom L - ? (3 dents)

I have yet to find out what group deal we would be receiving and it might be dent size, difficulty and volume dependent.

Update: 8/16/2013
I just spoke ot the dent ugy and have confirm he WILL be at the 8/31 event. What he is willing to offer as a general estimate is $50 a panel within reason. The actual price will increase or decrease depending on the number of dents, size and complexity.

We will likely announced who he is and where he will be working (to avoid crowding, traffic routes, etc.). Please talked with the dent guy directly as Capital Driving Club is providing the platform for his service only. All payments and agreements are between the racers and him.

Thank,

John
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Dent Repair Interest at Bowie

Post by echan »

The only Bowie event left is August 31st.

I have a small dent (aluminum behind the headlight) in my Austin Healey 100 that I would like removed and an even smaller dent (rear steel fender) in my Austin Healey 3000 that I can notice in the floresent light but not noticeable in the direct sun. I would just need to figure out how to get both cars there!
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

Ed,

I don't have to run at Bowie, so can help you bring a car there if you like. I left a voice mail and will update this thread once I hear his availbility.
glennkrueger
Car: 2002 S2000
CDC Member#: 623

Post by glennkrueger »

Bowie is the easiest lot for me to attend. I wouldn't mind having a fist-sized dent removed on the August 31st. The dent is to the left of the passenger side headlight, while looking at the front of the car. I blame a random Federal hill parallel parker on that one.
Math puns are the first sine of madness!
echan

Post by echan »

WRX11 wrote:Ed,

I don't have to run at Bowie, so can help you bring a car there if you like. I left a voice mail and will update this thread once I hear his availbility.
I would take you up on the offer but I'm not sure either of the cars is adequate to make it all the way to Bowie without breaking down.

I'll probably just trailer one car there get the dent done (maybe the first person), then go back to Alexandria ans change to the next Healey (to be one of the last people). I won't run that day unless I get the Healeys done before the event is over.

Ed
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

i'm interested. have a dent in my Miata from the derecho last year that I would like un-derechoed.
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

Unfortunately with two cars to work on will not be able to justify his trip out to our event.

J
echan

Post by echan »

WRX11 wrote:Unfortunately with two cars to work on will not be able to justify his trip out to our event.

J
Where does he live? Will there be other events that he plans to attend?
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

echan wrote:
WRX11 wrote:Unfortunately with two cars to work on will not be able to justify his trip out to our event.

J
Where does he live? Will there be other events that he plans to attend?
He is out of the Annapolis area so Bowie is the closest to him. I can wait and check this thread to see if there are enough interests for the 9/28 Bowie event.

I don't think he will venture out further especially with the lack of confirmed work.
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

I'd love to bring the Miata to have the dent removed, but I'm driving the truck / trailer to the event with now way to get it there. Lindsay will already be in FL for the wedding, so I'm kinda stuck.
--Mike Adrian
CaitieD
Car: 2010 MINI JCW Hardtop
CDC Member#: 543

Post by CaitieD »

madrian wrote:I'd love to bring the Miata to have the dent removed, but I'm driving the truck / trailer to the event with now way to get it there. Lindsay will already be in FL for the wedding, so I'm kinda stuck.
9/28 is three weeks after your wedding.
Caitlin
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

CaitieD wrote:
madrian wrote:I'd love to bring the Miata to have the dent removed, but I'm driving the truck / trailer to the event with now way to get it there. Lindsay will already be in FL for the wedding, so I'm kinda stuck.
9/28 is three weeks after your wedding.
Don't dwell on such trivial details... :ugeek:
madrian
Car: e90 M3,NB Miata,'31 Ford
CDC Member#: 547

Post by madrian »

Lol, that's a fair point.. 9. 8. They all look the same.

In light of this new information, I'd love to bring the Miata and have a dent taken out of it!
--Mike Adrian
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

So I have called and left a voice mail for the dent guy but have not heard back in a few days. I am afraid we may not be able to provide this for the interested few.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I've got a couple of dings in my FR-S I'd like to get fixed.
Fred
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

All,

Good news, just got a call back from the dent guy and will be discussion with him some details.

I'm updating the first post so I can get a clear and hopefully definitive list of people interested. What will most likely happen on the day is, for everyone interested to approached the dent guy on site, he will be in a full size truck, unsure of the brand but will update when I confirm.

Please checked the first post for updates. Thanks.

John
echan

Post by echan »

That's great news. I will definitely bring BOTH Healeys!
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

I didn't want to commit to it earlier (i.e., to be the deciding factor), but if he is already coming and not too busy we may be interested to fix a dent in the rear right fender on the Miata.
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

Updateds added to the first post.
glennkrueger
Car: 2002 S2000
CDC Member#: 623

Post by glennkrueger »

I'm sorry, but I have found out that I won't be able to attend teh August 31st autocross. Thanks for putting this together!
Math puns are the first sine of madness!
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

glennkrueger wrote:I'm sorry, but I have found out that I won't be able to attend teh August 31st autocross. Thanks for putting this together!
No worries. Thanks for the update.

J
echan

Post by echan »

I also have a dent on my Avalanche that I would like to remove. I'll update the list.

I only ask that he fix my first Austin Healey first, so that I can go back home to get my other Austin Healey and remove that dent before the end of the day. He can do the Avalanche if time permits (no big deal if he doesn't get to it).

Ed
Hockey_Bill

Post by Hockey_Bill »

Hi Ed ... I will have two cars there both needing dent repair. BMW 335i that I will be racing with three small door dents from a Home Depot shopping cart and a MX-5 that my son will be racing with a dent of unknown origin in the right front fender (kids won't admit who did this in my garage...). Great idea to have someone there. Thanks! Bill Folkerts
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

Hockey_Bill wrote:Hi Ed ... I will have two cars there both needing dent repair. BMW 335i that I will be racing with three small door dents from a Home Depot shopping cart and a MX-5 that my son will be racing with a dent of unknown origin in the right front fender (kids won't admit who did this in my garage...). Great idea to have someone there. Thanks! Bill Folkerts
Bill,

I have updated the first post with your two cars.

All,

Since Ed C will need to shuttle cars back and forth, kindly let Ed C get his first car repaired first so Ed could get on the road to shuttle his other cars back to Bowie.

Again, as I am not aware of the exact heat that everyone is scheduled to be in, please coordinate directly with each other and the dent guy to allow sufficient time to get all of your dents worked on. My suggestion would be to allow one or two heats' time before your heat but do find out how long it will take to get your particular dent(s) out. This way, we can keep the dent repair guy busy at all times as well as the day's autocrossing activities progressing smoothly.

Last reminder, please bring sufficient cash with you, approximately $50 per panel. However, negotiation and quantity may help lower that price per panel.

Thanks,

John
TommySalami
Car: S2000
CDC Member#: 409

Post by TommySalami »

I'm in for some dent removal. I have three dents, on two panels.

-Tom Layton