Next Autox ($10 discount 2nd slot) 7/13/13 Woodbridge VA

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Next Autox ($10 discount 2nd slot) 7/13/13 Woodbridge VA

Post by echan »

The next CDC event is on Saturday July 13th at Hylton HS in Woodbridge.

We will continue the $10 discount on the second slot.

Reservations is currently open to members and their guests. Non-members can start making reservations on Friday July 5th.

Hope to see you all there.

Ed
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Re: Next Autox ($10 discount 2nd slot) 7/13/13 Woodbridge VA

Post by phranquelynn »

any chance bbq man wants to come down to woodbridge? i'll order enough ribs to make it worth his while. for consumption there! because I don't think I could be good enough to not just scarf down every bite before getting home.
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Ed, I signed up with the RX8 but after witnessing some interesting behaviors from the car (that may be death throes :o ), I think I'm going to bring the Wife's BRZ.

So I guess my index is Prius Tires, ~160whp, ~2800# :D

I spoke to her today about how she misses her old convertible and may be looking again at the 1 series, the BRZ may end up my new ride for keepsies sooner rather than later
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Nathan Atkins wrote:Ed, I signed up with the RX8 but after witnessing some interesting behaviors from the car (that may be death throes :o ), I think I'm going to bring the Wife's BRZ.

So I guess my index is Prius Tires, ~160whp, ~2800# :D

I spoke to her today about how she misses her old convertible and may be looking again at the 1 series, the BRZ may end up my new ride for keepsies sooner rather than later
To change the car information is to just have us change it during registration. Otherwise, you can re-submit an another reservation and have me delete the old reservation - just make sure to tell me in the Notes Section to cancel the first one.

Ed
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Cool thanks Ed, I'm still on the look out for either a Ramey's crap mobile or a Trabant to bring but the BRZ will do in a pinch.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Who wants to let me drive their car!?!?!!?

I'm not sure Ed will let me auto-x the Avalanche :lol: Maybe if I unhitch the CDC trailer... :P
--Nick D
DriftSS
CDC Member#: 126

Post by DriftSS »

You can't drive mine Nick....then again I can't drive mine either...darn Winchester event took out an axle half shaft in the Vette ... Fortunately the car made it home in one piece but its pretty clackety with a cracked CV joint :( The downside of 500HP and 345mm rear tires... May be awhile before I'm up and running again.
Stephen Catlin
#126 2008 Black Corvette Z06 :)
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

DriftSS wrote:You can't drive mine Nick....then again I can't drive mine either...darn Winchester event took out an axle half shaft in the Vette ... Fortunately the car made it home in one piece but its pretty clackety with a cracked CV joint :( The downside of 500HP and 345mm rear tires... May be awhile before I'm up and running again.
Well IDK what happened to my post... seems the interwebz have eaten it.

I asked Courtney how they are doing on axles in their SSP 'vette and he said they are running stock axles and have had one breakage in 6 years of auto-x. Guess you're just unlucky :-( They're running the 345 Hoosier as well.

--Nick D
DriftSS
CDC Member#: 126

Post by DriftSS »

Previous owner did some drag racing...I am suspecting that the CV joint was near its limit when I bought the car (and from what I gather on the C6 forums the C6 CV joint particularly in earlier builds were weaker than the C5 because the C5 vettes exploded lots of pricy differentials at the strip and its a hell of a lot cheaper to have a disposable axle halfshaft break than a differential or transmission). I flogged the hell out of my Camaro and my son his and it took years of abuse to wear out the rear ends (although eventually everything broke on both cars). But its good to know that autox isn't all that hard on the car... :lol:
Stephen Catlin
#126 2008 Black Corvette Z06 :)
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Nick I owe you a co-drive, but I will be in the brz on Prius rubber, so it might be a bit frustrating :?