Harry Grove September 14th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.

Here are the T&T runs.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Re: Harry Grove September 14th Results

Post by jrgoldbach »

Index Class for Sarah F., Caitlin D., and Jared G. should be as follows:

Tires: <100 TW
HP: 150-200
Weight: 2000-2500
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

so I'm not sure if there was a bet per se, but i think that Josh is going to commit hari kari if he didn't beat me in his car, i think we each got 47.8 but we aren't sure of the hundredths. I'm kind of curious because if he doesn't have a next of kin I'd like to be first in line to claim his estate and get my grubby mitts on that FR-S again, y'know just in case :D

oh i mean for the Test and Tune on Sunday btw :P
jadams1217
Car: Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 688

Post by jadams1217 »

Nathan Atkins wrote:so I'm not sure if there was a bet per se, but i think that Josh is going to commit hari kari if he didn't beat me in his car, i think we each got 47.8 but we aren't sure of the hundredths. I'm kind of curious because if he doesn't have a next of kin I'd like to be first in line to claim his estate and get my grubby mitts on that FR-S again, y'know just in case :D

oh i mean for the Test and Tune on Sunday btw :P
I'm the oldest of 12, so you have a big line in front of you. I've been trying to get some of them to come to an event, but they all live up in PA.
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I will get the T&T results up tonight. Keep in mind that we recorded runs by-car on Sunday. So if you guys switched cars, some of your runs will be under the other driver's name. You just need to remember at what run number you switched places (which will probably be obvious by the times).

We typically use the automated timing system at T&T. This means that once a car is in line, all the runs in that car are stored under the driver number shown. That way we don't have to keep shuffling the order around as people change places. It's not perfect, but it's much easier for us to keep things moving.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

jadams1217 wrote:I'm the oldest of 12, so you have a big line in front of you. I've been trying to get some of them to come to an event, but they all live up in PA.
Living in PA is no excuse!
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

Mike M
jadams1217

Post by jadams1217 »

Nathan Atkins wrote:so I'm not sure if there was a bet per se, but i think that Josh is going to commit hari kari if he didn't beat me in his car, i think we each got 47.8 but we aren't sure of the hundredths.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Vo7tU#t=23
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

:lol:
Sorry Josh! :oops:
My new set of rivals arrive for the BRZ tomorrow I am much excite!
jadams1217

Post by jadams1217 »

So are you giving up on the RX-8 now?
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Not totally, but at least now when I bring the brz I won't be bringing a knife to a gun fight. In fact driving in Chris' car with his crap tires but with coilovers and still being essentially on the pace has got me kind of excited about getting coilovers for the rx8, then suddenly I'll be competitive with the twins again, at least that's what I'm telling myself :D

I was looking at the Bilstein pss9 set with perhaps some racing beat sways and lots and lots of reading about suspension and alignment yadda yadda. The rx8 has a lot of adjustability right from the factory, you can dial in up to 3.5 degrees of negative camber at all four corners with factory parts. I think alignment and settings would be as much a factor as what parts are on the car. So I thi I'll start there before I get anything since it's free.

But inevitably the 8 will die and then the brz will get similar treatment, unless I sell a kidney and get this motor swap I've been kicking around done. :?

Speaking of which, I've sort of decided against the v6 on the basis that no one has done it before and there's a lot of value in having the path blazed ahead for you. Several shops and even a few ordinary people have done the small block Chevy swap, so I may be looking at that more realistically. My Wankeley brethren will be much disappoint. :twisted:
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

Ls2 or Coyote. You have to put either V8 or displacement indicative badges on the side of the car though.
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Coyote wouldn't fit. the Ls is waaaay smaller but still requires modification to get in there. And I can do displacement markers but I'd like to be subtle about it. I still want to surprise people ;)

I'm doing a lot of talking about it but for the time being there is no budget of time or money until next summer anyway, so if anyone's on the edge of their seat, you might want to sit back and relax a bit haha
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

I was on the edge of my seat :(
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

Mike M
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

Thanks Mike. You make it look so easy. Here's my best from that weekend using the same car (but 2 seconds slower). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40533JUkPrg