Harry Grove October 19th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Let me know if you see any problems with the results, either by posting in this thread or sending me a private message.

All runs from the Test&Tune
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
DriftSS
CDC Member#: 126

Re: Harry Grove October 19th Results

Post by DriftSS »

Thanks Jay and Denise for letting me run your Miata. Fun little car! :D
and thank you Larry for the fun course.

Here's a link to run 4 (not the fastest, but the most fun run...). Did back to back runs (literally) so the tires were way hot and loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sghLsSVOy-s
Stephen Catlin
#126 2008 Black Corvette Z06 :)
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

Stephen, you did amazingly well - especially considering you hadn't driven a Miata in many years. It's scary to think how fast you would be if you were actually familiar with the car. It must be just a tad different than your Z06!

I'm sure Eric is cursing your name (and ours too) for spoiling his Small Bore Champion title for at least one more event. (Sorry Eric!) But it sets up some high drama for next time: a head-to-head competition with Frank. Head-to-head is how it should be anyway. Frank needs a chance to defend. If Frank wins the next event it would be a tie. (What would happen in that case, organizers?) Eric will have the advantage that Frank hasn't had any seat time in a while, and no experience with the BFG Rivals.

Thanks Mike and Andy for letting me ride along at the Test and Tune and showing me what "fast" feels like. I could not believe how fast it felt on those sweepers, or that the car didn't just fly off course. It's a whole different definition of "fast" than what I'm used to.
vettegirl
Car: 1996 Miata, 2011 Corvette
CDC Member#: 963

Post by vettegirl »

Thanks to the organizers for another great CDC event!!! You guys are top notch. I had to miss Saturday's runs, I was busy defending high point titles with my horses - something I do way better than driving our Miata luckily, but I got to sneak in some runs in the afternoon of the test and tune after parking my horses in the trailer up in the parking lot. Nothing like showing your horses in the morning and then changing brains and driving an autocross course in the afternoon! I'm pretty sure I made a new fashion statement with driving shoes and riding pants in one outfit. If we're luckily the trend will NEVER catch on :D

BTW - ironically, someone other than me, left a yellow hoodie with horses on it up in the lot on Sunday. If anyone is missing it, let me know and I'll get it back to you.
JayPar

Post by JayPar »

Speaking of lost items, I picked up a magnetic number "2" that was on the grass near our stuff. Stephen, I'm guessing it's yours.
DriftSS

Post by DriftSS »

I didn't pick up any of my #s so the 2 is probably mine and the 1 and 6 are either in the car still or somewhere on the lot...no big deal. Those are very old magnetics..considering my car panels are fiberglass or carbon fiber I don't have use for them anyway. I'll get static clings for next year.
Again thanks for letting me run the Miata. Such a blast to drive. Very easy to control and toss around.
Stephen Catlin
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

JayPar wrote:I'm sure Eric is cursing your name (and ours too) for spoiling his Small Bore Champion title for at least one more event. (Sorry Eric!)
No, I was impressed. I only curse myself when I'm beaten :|
silver 681
DriftSS

Post by DriftSS »

You are running very good and consistent this year Eric! Good luck at the next event to all the small bore participants...

BTW...hint hint hint....someone I know (me) might be wanting to run a Miata next year if there is a good car looking for a co-driver and a free set of tires...(or I may actually buy yet another car to add to my car fleet) The Z06 is likely going to get converted back to a casual daily driver or track day car...I drive too aggressively for 500HP and not sure I want to resurrect either Camaro for autox duty.
Stephen Catlin
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
yardy8301
Car: 90 Miata
CDC Member#: 338

Post by yardy8301 »

My first top 10 finish. Fun times. Sucks only 1 event left this year.
JayPar

Post by JayPar »

From the T&T results, 5 drivers (#4-8) were separated by 0.14 seconds, which at 30 MPH is approximately 6 feet. Pretty amazing.