2014 CDC Schedule

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

2014 CDC Schedule

Post by echan »

I posted the 2014 schedule. We still plan to hold one event at Bowie, but have not yet secured a date. When we get a confirmed dates, I'll update the schedule.

Also NOTE that some of the dates are on SUNday.

Ed
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Re: 2014 CDC Schedule

Post by Dan133 »

Looks like a great schedule Ed. Waldorf!! That being said, I think we can all agree that the Waldorf events will tend to bring a lot of non-members -- particularly VERY fast SCCA regulars with extremely well prepped cars. Maybe we should consider treating non-member scores as if they were organizers as there is a very real possibility that these scores could change the relative point standings at these critical last events of the year. Just something to think on.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

A good number of the very fast SCCA people that run at Waldorf.... are also CDC members! A non issue IMO. Those that have not run at Waldorf are in for a treat!! :) I see we lost Bowie.... IMO.... that was the most central location to the most people in the Metro area, but, having Waldorf on the schedule is woth the extra drive.
echan

Post by echan »

Dan133 wrote: I think we can all agree that the Waldorf events will tend to bring a lot of non-members -- particularly VERY fast SCCA regulars with extremely well prepped cars.
I don't think that it's a sure bet that Waldorf "bring a lot of non-members." And if it does, we are there 5 times and it would be cheaper for them to join CDC than to pay the non-member rate.

As a side note, I think the Fiat Club may be interested in hold two autocrosses with us like they did last year and Waldorf should be able to handle the additional Fiat folks.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

dmyer wrote:A good number of the very fast SCCA people that run at Waldorf.... are also CDC members! A non issue IMO. Those that have not run at Waldorf are in for a treat!! :) I see we lost Bowie.... IMO.... that was the most central location to the most people in the Metro area, but, having Waldorf on the schedule is woth the extra drive.
You're absolutely correct that a lot of the fast SCCA people are CDC members. My only point is that in a close points battle at the end of the year non-members can have a real effect on the CDC final standings.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Dan, I understand what you are saying, but I don't think we can treat some participants differently than others. We love our core group of participants, and I think we should find ways to reward those participants that come to almost every event. However, I don't think that reward should be formed as a disadvantage for other folks.

The fact that competition might get more difficult at Waldorf will just mean that the championship will likely be decided earlier in the season. Anyone gunning for the top spot will need to keep that in mind and try to get their 100-point finishes done earlier in the season. I don't think there is anything we can do about that. We don't really know what to expect from Waldorf. It might not even bring in that many SCCA folks that we don't already see.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

I'm hoping to drag the BSP car down for an event or two at Waldorf...
JoeTR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Dan, it's very simple. Just beat those fast SCCA drivers and you have nothing to worry about. ;)

I'm looking forward to this season. Ed and I will have the TR6 back better than ever. At least until the next weakness presents itself.
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

Awesome, thanks for posting Ed. I'll miss the first Waldorf event unfortunately, but looking forward to hearing how it goes and then attending the remaining 4.
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

03threefiftyz wrote:I'm hoping to drag the BSP car down for an event or two at Waldorf...
You should do like me Mike and just bring your daily driver, no dragging required....it's not a four banger Altima is it? ;)
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

F250 Diesel....probably frowned upon.
echan

Post by echan »

dmyer wrote:I see we lost Bowie.... .
Actually, I'm trying to fit one event at Bowie. I just didn't want to delay posting the schedule to wait for confirmation on one event.

[quote="Dan133] Maybe we should consider treating non-member scores as if they were organizers as there is a very real possibility that these scores could change the relative point standings at these critical last events of the year. Just something to think on. {/quote}]

I'm guessing Dan that your statement is a little tongue and cheek. Like most said, it probably won't make any difference. I also suspect that the participants aren't going to be much different than in the other events.

Ed
03threefiftyz

Post by 03threefiftyz »

If I run, you can feel free to strike me from the points. Doesn't matter to me. I just wanna go fast.... :ugeek: .
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

Holy Crap!! :) Thirty events scheduled so far for CDC, AI and WDCR.... not a single conflict!! :D Did you guys all coordinate?

My wife is going to hate me....
smetzger
Car: 09 Miata - Red
CDC Member#: 426

Post by smetzger »

Well that's a bummer about Bowie.
Hopefully we get more events there for future years.