Need Wheel Centering Rings

Parking lots and traffic cones.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Need Wheel Centering Rings

Post by dmyer »

I need some new aluminum wheel centering rings for my Mini... I used plastic ones last year but they deformed slightly on the front wheels, thus, I want to have some machined since none are available in the size I need - 63.3 MM x 56.1 MM. Any ideas on someone local that can make those?
CaitieD
Car: 2010 MINI JCW Hardtop
CDC Member#: 543

Re: Need Wheel Centering Rings

Post by CaitieD »

Try giving Tire Rack a call. They don't have the hub centric rings on their website, but I know they carry them. They might just have what you're looking for and you could possibly avoid the cost of custom machine work.
Caitlin
dmyer

Post by dmyer »

For the bargain wheels I have with an apparantly odd hub bore size... no-one has it in aluminum including Tirerack where I bought the tires/wheels - I can only find plastic. I found a store on the internet that will machine them for $100 which may not be such a bad deal.
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

We have a Baja SAE team at my university, maybe i can have some freshmen mill you a set, we give them the easy simple stuff to learn with(dont worry it'll have to pass inspection before it comes back to you)

give me specs and ill see it i can get them for no cost :D
dmyer

Post by dmyer »

That would be great!! :D How close to the Washington area do you get or maybe I can mail you one of the plastic rings? All they would need to do is copy it but with the correct bore specs (unworn original).
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

The university is in the Catonsville area, I'll be going to the awards lunch so you could give me the plastic one there if you like.

If you can't make the rewards lunch let me know, call or message me at 443-528-5164