Harry Grove March 22nd Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Harry Grove March 22nd Results

Post by BugBomb »

Sorry for the delay. Here are the results from Saturday. Let me know if you see any issues. I'm sure we will have a few people missing from the Championship points section, but I will get to that soon.

March 22nd Results

All runs from the T&T
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Harry Grove March 22nd Results

Post by echan »

Thanks for the results!

Nice to see the new groups. What does everyone else think??

BTW, Mike A was driving the TR6 in the afternoon, since Jared borrowed his Miata to go home.

Ed
gimp
Car: 1981 Camaro
CDC Member#: 0

Post by gimp »

I'm a fan of being able to sort by PAX, but you already knew that.
--Paul Przyborski
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

My last three runs were in Lenny's miata so I should have his index.
silver 681
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I'm sure you will all be happy to know that as I put my daily driven wheels back on, i installed my anti-squeal shims! :oops:
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Oh I almost forgot, in case anyone needs help with their bulimia, here are the results of the first homemade GoPro swivel mount test: :D

http://youtu.be/Eq_LUrsBOGU
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I dig the results Ed, but my only beef with them is id like to be able to check multiple categories, case in point is the TR6 from saturday, as driven by three different drivers each selected a different class, where we aught to be able to choose all that apply (i'd think we'd just need to incorporate an 'or' statement in the dropdown menu to make it to where you can pick whichever one you like for viewing the results)

just my 0.47 cents (figures adjusted for inflation)
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Nathan Atkins wrote:case in point is the TR6 from saturday, as driven by three different drivers each selected a different class
But that helps disquise the fact that Mike Adrian beat both Ed and me in our own car.

Something that we should have made more official is the dropping of bar codes for this season. This is partly because all of the old bar codes were invalidated with the change in tire index, and mostly because we've been using a keypad to enter driver numbers lately. That and the pricey wireless scanners keep not working. I came up with unique single-letter designations for all of the CDC classes that we *can* use on a bar code (and you see in the results), but not needing the have a bar code with C123VRXDP on it if you have a 1979 RX-7 daily driver means there's no reason the timing software couldn't handle multiple classes. It's more of an issue with handling the final results in a way that doesn't suck.

I agree that being limited to a single class isn't ideal. That's why I choose Sportscar since Vintage is typically going to be a very small class.

One odd thing about the new classes is that most of them refer to the car, but some (Novice, Pro) stick with the driver. I'm not really hot on those latter classes anyway and would prefer sticking to categorizing the car.
v10climber
Car: STI, JCW Mini, S2k, Miata
CDC Member#: 621

Post by v10climber »

Nathan Atkins wrote:I dig the results Ed, but my only beef with them is id like to be able to check multiple categories, case in point is the TR6 from saturday, as driven by three different drivers each selected a different class, where we aught to be able to choose all that apply (i'd think we'd just need to incorporate an 'or' statement in the dropdown menu to make it to where you can pick whichever one you like for viewing the results)

just my 0.47 cents (figures adjusted for inflation)
This is the first year for these optional classes so we're trying to keep things simple. If all goes well hopefully we'll have a more thorough implementation of this concept next year.
--Nick D
ericw
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 681

Post by ericw »

We discussed this all winter Nate. Everyone needs their own effing filter with three cars in it.
silver 681
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

Thanks Mike for getting the results out quickly. My favorite new column is offset from FTD (well except that the Cobras made everyone else look slow). The small bore fun class / filter has enough participants to be interesting; the others seem pretty thin.
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

Thanks again for everyone who helped me out with the blown miata! I know it is a moot point, but i did get 2 good runs in before it exploded... :D

The new scoring system is pretty cool. i cant wait to see how it plays out this season.
Sky Render
Car: 2011 Mustang 5.0
CDC Member#: 750

Post by Sky Render »

Nathan Atkins wrote:I'm sure you will all be happy to know that as I put my daily driven wheels back on, i installed my anti-squeal shims! :oops:
But I liked the fact that I could actually hear when you were applying the brakes.
Vince (#750)
Grey 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0

I'm slow.
Nathan Atkins

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Sky Render wrote:
Nathan Atkins wrote:I'm sure you will all be happy to know that as I put my daily driven wheels back on, i installed my anti-squeal shims! :oops:
But I liked the fact that I could actually hear when you were applying the brakes.
I'll let my neighbors know that it was appreciated on some level haha