Jeopardizing Our Venues and Endangering Lives

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Jeopardizing Our Venues and Endangering Lives

Post by BugBomb »

Mikey is very angry right now. It was just brought to my attention that a couple participants were seen racing each other while on their way to our March 22nd event (not far from the venue).

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

I realize that everyone's adrenaline is already going before you get there, but one of the reasons we do this is to let that adrenaline flow in a safe environment. You aren't just endangering yourself. You are putting the club's venue at risk, possibly the club's own future at risk, and of course other people's lives. I was at a National Tour in 2012 that got shut down because people at another event (completely unrelated) had let their adrenaline take over on the public road. Two idiots decided to race exotic cars around the stadium while getting fuel and ended up losing control and killing a motorcyclist.

As members of this club, we all have a responsibility to protect it. None of us should be doing this, obviously. But if you see someone doing this, please tell the organizers, and especially make sure the head organizer is aware. I did not hear about this until after the event, but I really wish I had known earlier. I would not have let them run on Saturday. I have zero tolerance for this. Don't be a dick.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Re: Jeopardizing Our Venues and Endangering Lives

Post by Nathan Atkins »

Hear hear, there's a time and place for that, and thank you to CDC for providing it. Totally unacceptable.
CaitieD
Car: 2010 MINI JCW Hardtop
CDC Member#: 543

Post by CaitieD »

BugBomb wrote:I was at a National Tour in 2012 that got shut down because people at another event (completely unrelated) had let their adrenaline take over on the public road. Two idiots decided to race exotic cars around the stadium while getting fuel and ended up losing control and killing a motorcyclist.
Two years later, the drivers of the Ferraris are finally getting charged with aggravated manslaughter.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014 ... _says.html
Caitlin
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I did that Gotham Dream Cars thing at Ripken last year and i definitely got the sense that the guys running it were pretty unprofessional and wouldn't be above something like that...smh

I hope whatever happened outside Frederick was unrelated to us as well