Next Autox ($10 Discount 2nd Slot) Sun 6/15/14 Winchester

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Next Autox ($10 Discount 2nd Slot) Sun 6/15/14 Winchester

Post by echan »

The next CDC autox on Sunday June 15th (Father's Day) is now open for member (and member guests) reservations. Non-members can make a reservation starting Friday June 6th.

This event will be at James Wood High School in Winchester, VA. We will also be offering a $10 discount when you sign up for a 2nd slot. If you are getting a second slot, make sure you type "Second slot" in the Notes Section when you make the second reservation.

As usual, registration and tech will start at 8am.

Ed.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Re: Next Autox ($10 Discount 2nd Slot) Sun 6/15/14 Wincheste

Post by phranquelynn »

You left off the most important part. Will THE ribs be there?
echan

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:You left off the most important part. Will THE ribs be there?
Ed O, said that the plan is for Rob to bring THE Ribs (I swear that these are the BEST Ribs I have EVER had - and ask Franklin, he thinks so too). Rob starts the ribs around 3 am and smokes with a split wood fire. I didn't want to advertise Rob's ribs until it is confirmed... So I'll let every now when it is definite. Otherwise, we will only have dogs and sausages.

Ed
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

echan wrote: are the BEST Ribs I have EVER had - and ask Franklin, he thinks so too).
I'm not sure if I still rank them as the BEST anymore. I got a chance to try Wade and I think he won.

Wait. I'll have to try each again.

I'm reserving two racks now from Rob for Winchester.

Wade, I'll let you know when I'll be ready to come over and try yours again. :D
echan

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:
echan wrote: are the BEST Ribs I have EVER had - and ask Franklin, he thinks so too).
I'm not sure if I still rank them as the BEST anymore. I got a chance to try Wade and I think he won.

Wait. I'll have to try each again.

I'm reserving two racks now from Rob for Winchester.

Wade, I'll let you know when I'll be ready to come over and try yours again. :D
I guess one way to settle it is for both Rob and Wade to smoke a bunch of ribs, then we can all vote for the best ribs. -Wade, would you be up for the challenge? I would be willing to buy 2 racks from you if you're up for the challenge...
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

I have NO idea how I'd make those logistics work out. Maybe I need to build a bigger tire trailer...one big enough to haul my normal tires and crap....PLUS my Big Green Eggs and a few bags of charcoal. :D
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
echan

Post by echan »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:I have NO idea how I'd make those logistics work out. Maybe I need to build a bigger tire trailer...one big enough to haul my normal tires and crap....PLUS my Big Green Eggs and a few bags of charcoal. :D
You can just bring ME some ribs (just kidding - sort of). I not sure about the logistics. Maybe in the future we should have a separate vehicle to haul a bunch of cooking equipment Then have an invitational BBQ challenge (along with an autox).
phranquelynn

Post by phranquelynn »

YES!!! CDC bbq battle. Winner gets 8 passes. How do i become a judge?

If transportation is an issue, perhaps cdc should do a car rally. We tour each bbq. Nothing like a 40 minute drive to get me ready to down another rack of ribs.
echan

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:YES!!! CDC bbq battle. Winner gets 8 passes. How do i become a judge?

If transportation is an issue, perhaps cdc should do a car rally. We tour each bbq. Nothing like a 40 minute drive to get me ready to down another rack of ribs.
It looks like Rob is only going to bring BBQ and probably not any ribs...
Rock Star
Car: 93 Rx-7, 83 SPEC7, 70 GT6
CDC Member#: 515

Post by Rock Star »

echan wrote:It looks like Rob is only going to bring BBQ and probably not any ribs...
CarHasSad.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

Tease! Bring out the best ribs ever, and run out before I can get any and then never bring them again!!!!!!

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Post by dmyer »

phranquelynn wrote:YES!!! CDC bbq battle. Winner gets 8 passes. How do i become a judge?

Count me in for a BBQ Rib cook off..... any rules... when??? Extra Lipitor for all judges!
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

dmyer wrote:

Count me in for a BBQ Rib cook off..... any rules... when??? Extra Lipitor for all judges!

Good news...we have ribs!

***UPDATE***

Rob has the following:

11 racks of ribs = 22 1/2 racks at $10 per half
2 pork shoulders for chopped pork sandwiches (amazing!) - about 30 x $6 sandwiches (choice of 2 sauces)
16 chicken quarters with his famous Texas rub (phenomenal) - $5 each!
couple dozen smoked sausages (butcher made, outstanding taste) - only $4 each (so homemade and smoked...might be losing money at this price, but our gain!)

plus the following sides ($1 each while they last):

homemade coleslaw
homemade potato salad
baked beans (not Bush's, sorry)

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, thoughts. I won't be able to check this after Friday ~ 3:00 p.m.

-Ed O