Waldorf October 11th Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Waldorf October 11th Results

Post by BugBomb »

Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend. Let me know if you see any issues either by posting here or sending me a private message.

October 11th Results

Here is a link to all recorded runs.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Prime12
Car: 2011 Evo X

Re: Waldorf October 11th Results

Post by Prime12 »

Not an 'issue,' but is there any way I can see all my recorded runs and not just official ones?
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Those who braved the elements probably had a pretty good day despite them. It never really rained once we got going, but it never really dried out either.

I made a late Friday evening decision to run, and brought my daily driver CRX to play. 244K miles, half-prepped for STS. It had four year old R1Rs on it so that's what I ran. Conditions were perfect for that car. Not enough horsepower to get into trouble, FWD to pull myself out of what little trouble I got into, and apparently enough grip to dig out of corners without really plowing. Once I got brave enough to do the finish right the time really dropped.

I don't know if I read the results right but I think my 40.75 was seventh best time overall? Second best on index? That's nuts. I just showed up to play with the daily driver and hang out with my buddies. I had no idea it was going to be that competitive.

If you guys keep running at Waldorf I'm going to have to re-up my membership, since it's been something like four years since I ran with CDC last.

http://youtu.be/7TnUePSwxd0
SpectreRT

Post by SpectreRT »

I'd like to see the full times too. My final run was a 40.8X. I'm interested to see how this stacked up with all the other double-heat runs.

Thanks!
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I'll work on getting all the recorded runs posted tonight.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Prime12
Car: 2011 Evo X

Post by Prime12 »

Claff wrote:Those who braved the elements probably had a pretty good day despite them. It never really rained once we got going, but it never really dried out either.

I made a late Friday evening decision to run, and brought my daily driver CRX to play. 244K miles, half-prepped for STS. It had four year old R1Rs on it so that's what I ran. Conditions were perfect for that car. Not enough horsepower to get into trouble, FWD to pull myself out of what little trouble I got into, and apparently enough grip to dig out of corners without really plowing. Once I got brave enough to do the finish right the time really dropped.

I don't know if I read the results right but I think my 40.75 was seventh best time overall? Second best on index? That's nuts. I just showed up to play with the daily driver and hang out with my buddies. I had no idea it was going to be that competitive.

If you guys keep running at Waldorf I'm going to have to re-up my membership, since it's been something like four years since I ran with CDC last.

http://youtu.be/7TnUePSwxd0
Hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your video and tried putting my 41.2 run side by side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JbGGRPFSd4

It's not published so no one outside this thread can watch it.

I thought it was entertaining how at first I had the lead due to power and traction advantage yet you managed to pass me anyway with better driving.
If you want the video taken down don't hesitate to let me know - it takes less than 5 seconds.
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Nope no reason to take it down.

Biggest thing I took from the comparison was that I was whooping and hollering after my run and you were all "yeah well whatever". That and the CRX is pretty freakin loud.
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

Alan, it was nice to meet you and Kate. Thanks for the consultations on the R1Rs. I was driving too aggressively with them in my first 5 runs, and was frustrated because they have a very different feel than the RS3's (much more subtle when they start to slip). I dialed back the aggression for my 6th run and didn't slip, but it wasn't that fast. On the 7th run I added some aggression where possible and improved by 0.9 sec over my prior best, although there was still plenty of time left on the table (as Dan showed with his 40.20 raw time in my car). Franklin and/or Mike M. probably could have squeezed out a few tenths beyond that, but alas they weren't there to show us how it's done.
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I added a link to see all the recorded runs.
Mike M