Ideas for the 2015 Season

Parking lots and traffic cones.
dmyer
Car: 2007 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 770

Re: Ideas for the 2015 Season

Post by dmyer »

Love the Waldorf lot......

Any plans for Bowie this year or is that off the list? I know it is not the best lot.... but it is about as central to the general area as we get. I hope to be able to run more events this year.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

echan wrote:
Areddi wrote:Any rumblings on venue or schedule stuff yet?
We are working on the schedule right now. I know we will be at Waldorf 6 times next year. I have the tentative dates but will post them when the other location dates are secured (we often have to move things around to match the various location schedules).

Ed
Looks like i'll have to come out more often next season!
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

dmyer wrote:Love the Waldorf lot......

Any plans for Bowie this year or is that off the list? I know it is not the best lot.... but it is about as central to the general area as we get. I hope to be able to run more events this year.
No plans for Bowie. CDC won't use the lot past the islands, which makes the lot very small compared to Waldorf. Although Waldorf is more expensive, the surface is better, it is larger, and we can process a larger field there. In addition, Waldorf has real bathrooms. So we decided that it's better to load up on Waldorf and pass on Bowie this year.

We will still be doing Harry Grove and Winchester. Depending on the dates we can secure, we may hold an event at Woodbridge. However, that lot has many light poles, which makes course design difficult and that lot has very limited availability.
Kinickie
Car: 2013 Toyobaru
CDC Member#: 569

Post by Kinickie »

I'm probably chiming in a little late for this season, but I would love to have more TNT events. I'm not really looking to compete with others, just getting some seat time and trying to beat a personal best.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Kinickie wrote:I'm probably chiming in a little late for this season, but I would love to have more TNT events. I'm not really looking to compete with others, just getting some seat time and trying to beat a personal best.
Yeah, we are limited to the number of TNT events based on the number of times we can get Harry Grove. We will try to extend the $10 discount on the second slots more this year, which will give you a minimum of 12 runs for $50 (member rate), which is one way to get more seat time. What stops us from offering the $10 discount is that we have to be careful that we still have enough room to allow all our members can get a slot if they want one (at least during the member only reservation period). We are pretty safe to offer the discount during the hot summer months, but can probably offer the discount at Waldorf if we don't get too many double slots.
Areddi
Car: 2013 Scion FR-S
CDC Member#: 650

Post by Areddi »

6 Waldorfs makes me a happy camper :D
Check out my YouTube channel with Autocross videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAreddi
matt270avian

Post by matt270avian »

We will still be doing Harry Grove
Please please please don't stop doing this. It's the only place nearby for a handful of people. Sure, it's a crappy lot, but it's better than nothing.
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I actually like Harry grove a lot, Its especially good for honing your skills on medium and low speed corners and coping with mid-corner bumps. A test and tune at harry grove with adjustable suspension i think can teach you a lot. It's like the Monaco GP of autocross to me, tight and unforgiving. Some are good on it and some are not.
earl998
Car: 92 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 998

Post by earl998 »

I'm in the :D Harry Grove camp!!
Silver_Surfer
Car: 2006 Exige
CDC Member#: 682

Post by Silver_Surfer »

I've never done well at Harry Grove and it is one of the furthest locations from me, I can deal with the small lot and the crease, but the pot holes that keep getting bigger and bigger worry me.
earl998
Car: 92 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 998

Post by earl998 »

Hopefully the pot hole issue can be addressed sooner rather than later. I love Nathan's Monaco analogy :lol: