April 4th, 2015 Harry Grove Results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

April 4th, 2015 Harry Grove Results

Post by BugBomb »

Let me know if you see any issues by posting in this thread or sending me a PM. There were a lot of issues arising from the wind interrupting the sensors. I removed some times that looked out of place (For example, if someone has runs all in the 48s and one in the 43s). If you feel you are missing a legitimate time, please let me know. I am still working on updating the Championship sheet.

April 4th, 2015 Results

April 5th T&T Runs
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
FiST970

Re: April 4th, 2015 Harry Grove Results

Post by FiST970 »

I see that you are still working on the standings but my car number and points (71) are listed under a wrong name. Its listed as David Myers and should be Connor Parise. Thanks!
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Added a link to April 5th T&T Runs
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Thanks Mike for the fast results!

Great event on Saturday and it looks like you had even better weather on Sunday's TNT!
charles huffman
Car: '98 Neon
CDC Member#: 531

Post by charles huffman »

Mike Con 2007 Honda Civic Si 48.32 47.37 45.06 47.33 47.79 47.31

I think the course workers missed a few things possibly this past weekend. While I didn't drive my best, don't understand how Mike cut a 45.06 sec run!

I beat him straight up by over 3 seconds last weekend and he pulls ONLY one run 2 seconds quicker than all his runs and one more than me?
Did he miss a gate?

Signed,

Sour grapes :-)
JayPar
Car: '96 Gray Miata (LATRL G)
CDC Member#: 96

Post by JayPar »

There was one result like that the previous event where one run was almost 7 seconds faster than that person's next fastest run. If all runs except that one involved spins, maybe...although a spin usually costs me around 9 sec. Not that it matters much, but it kind of made me wonder if the timing didn't trip early on that run.
jrgoldbach
Car: 2000 green miata
CDC Member#: 578

Post by jrgoldbach »

a timing error is possible. the wind did blow over the stop camera a couple times.
Or he could have just driven the car perfectly for a lap and messed up all subsequent runs...
Or he could have put the stig behind the wheel for that run and not told anyone about it...
if you and Mike have a rivalry going here you could ask him about it. I am sure that most people in the club are willing to be honest if there was some miracle cheaty event that happened.

I would like to thank everyone for coming out to play this weekend. You all made this event a lot of fun. I know that my sunburned face is not the only one that still hurts from smiling too much.
Great job to all participants for getting to your work assignments and picking up cones to keep the event flowing. We rely on every single one of you to keep the events moving along smoothly. This is looking like the start of a very promising year.
mike constantine

Post by mike constantine »

Hey all,

I just saw the time discrepancy. I definitely didn't run that fast and it is now fixed. Didn't mean to upset anybody. I'm just out there having fun and had a great time on Saturday!
mike constantine

Post by mike constantine »

Also, there was no rivalry before, but there sure is now ;)
charles huffman
Car: '98 Neon
CDC Member#: 531

Post by charles huffman »

Mike C.,

Thanks for updating your time with CDC. I try to assess my times against other FWD's to see how wel the loose nut (me) behind the wheel does! :-)

My times drop when I can get some heat in the Rivals, so I can appreciate drops in time and they are typcially repeated.

Let's see how we do at the next event!

I did have a great time (as always -except when it is raining)!

Thanks to Larry, Mike and thre whole CDC crew for another fun event.

They course layout was good considering..... the lot size/pothole restricts. Not you Larry. :-)

Charles
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

The Capital Driving Club Result web page has been updated with 2015 results now.
http://capitaldrivingclub.com/results.html
-- Jason
CHill

Post by CHill »

Had a great time at this event. It was my first with CDC and I hope to make as many as I can this year. Appreciate everyone's hard work to run a great event!

-Chris
kboyer47

Post by kboyer47 »

i didnt see my name in the 2015 points , ive had 2 numbers so far this year neither come up

kevin boyer
2001 sentra