Awards Proposal

Parking lots and traffic cones.
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Awards Proposal

Post by phranquelynn »

I have an idea for the Series Championship trophies. Instead of the framed vintage car prints, I propose the club pays for the sitting fee at a Sears Portrait Studio for the Series Champion. And we get framed prints of the Champion to give out to all the trophy winners. There's a few reasons why I think we should enact this as our new trophy. 1) we should celebrate our champion, much like how we put dead presidents on our money, 2) we should be reminded of what a champion looks like and 3) what a great way to remind all the trophy winners what they should aspire to and who they lost to.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Awards Proposal

Post by echan »

Interesting thought. Here's may be some reason why not to do so:

1. Most people keep some things but throw away a lot of things each year. If we wish to have them keep a CDC award, having a photo of someone else, may more than likely find its way to the trash, especially if they don't even know the person.

2. It is also a little strange when they show their award to others. The first question would be "who's that?" followed by "why didn't they have a photos of you?" So then we would have to have photos of all the winners.

3. To keep costs, and if did photos of all the winners, we would not be able to afford awarding the free passes. My guess is that the person in first place would rather get 8 free passes than a photo of himself.

These are just some thoughts, but others can chime in on this idea.
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Frank says "framed portrait". I read that as "dartboard".
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

Claff wrote:Frank says "framed portrait". I read that as "dartboard".
under my plan, a dartboard would be an additional cost. we would open a shutterfly store to give all participants a chance to buy their very own champion portrait to put on a variety of products. i'm sure we can arrange a dartbaord for you if i get your vote. other premium items i would consider include the champion portrait overlaid on mugs, mouse pads, welcome mats, wall clings, bed comforter, curtains, pillow cases, and (being a car club) car air fresheners, shift knobs and seat covers. of course, we would also have a lifesize cutout version.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

phranquelynn wrote:
Claff wrote:Frank says "framed portrait". I read that as "dartboard".
under my plan, a dartboard would be an additional cost. we would open a shutterfly store to give all participants a chance to buy their very own champion portrait to put on a variety of products. i'm sure we can arrange a dartbaord for you if i get your vote. other premium items i would consider include the champion portrait overlaid on mugs, mouse pads, welcome mats, wall clings, bed comforter, curtains, pillow cases, and (being a car club) car air fresheners, shift knobs and seat covers. of course, we would also have a lifesize cutout version.
i think we should give a portrait of you to all those who didn't win as punishment.

:D
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
Nathan Atkins
Car: 2005 Mazda RX8 Red
CDC Member#: 10

Post by Nathan Atkins »

I seem to remember hearing a faint whooshing sound on Wednesday, October 26th last year...