Attn Fred KellEy: Miata bushings

Parking lots and traffic cones.
saint_foo

Attn Fred KellEy: Miata bushings

Post by saint_foo »

http://949racing.com/index.asp?PageActi ... ProdID=107

Energy Suspension HyperFlex bushings 90-05 Miata MASTER KIT: $259.00 (includes the sways, you can sell or use em).

Get Jake to install for a good price. Or Andrewtech. Or have fun doing it at home. :lol:

-Ed O'Donnell
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Re: Attn Fred KellEy: Miata bushings

Post by FredK »

Thanks Ed, that's exactly what I need. If anyone want the swaybars bushing they can have them. Thanks also for the oft forgotten 2nd E.
Fred
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

I probably would've forgotten, unless you made a point to Ed Chan yesterday. :D

949Racing.com seems to please a lot of the Miata folks. Their selection of wheels are desirable. I was sold on the suspension (price). Jake did a fantastic job knocking it out as well. Still waiting to do the diff bushings, but will wait until the rear LSD gets installed.
DrSeuss

Post by DrSeuss »

Have you guys looked at the HardRace bushings. They're a stiff rubber instead of the poly like the ES bushings. Alot of the Honda guys seem to be moving away from poly since it tears and wears out so quickly. A stiffer than OEM rubber like from Mugen or Hardrace seems to be most popular option these days.

http://www.hardrace.com/products.asp?st ... rClass2=20
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

You can get harder than stock rubber bushings from Mazda Motorsports Development (aka Mazdaspeed). Poly bushings need to be lubed periodically but will last virtually forever if maintained. Rubber bushings are virtually maintenance free but they will eventually fail due to fatigue from cyclical torsional stress. For anything short of a pure race car or track monster I think most people are happiest with new rubber bushings, whether stock or harder than stock. One day when I have lots of time and money I plan to remove all 8 control arms, remove the old bushings, media blast the control arms, powder coat them, and install new bushings. I'll also drop the rear subframe, blast and powdercoat that, and install a 1.8 diff housing and a clutch-type LSD at the same time. And then I'll get a paint job. And new seats. And...