November 1st Results Posted

Parking lots and traffic cones.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

November 1st Results Posted

Post by kyle.bowker »

The results from the November 1st auto-x have been posted. Click here to view the results. Also, we are now accepting reservations from club members and their guests for the next autocross on Saturday, November 15th, 2008 at Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie, MD. The November 15th event will be THE LAST CDC AUTO-X OF THE YEAR! If the event does not sell out we will open up reservations to non-members on Friday, November 8, 2008.
warman
Car: 2004 S2000
CDC Member#: 407

Re: November 1st Results Posted

Post by warman »

This was the same course as the TNT, correct?
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

are raw times counted? i remember Bryan getting a 48.24 in his miata on one of his morning runs but shagged a cone. i remember because i saw him hit the cone in the middle of the run and then heard the time and couldnt believe he was just .01 seconds off my time. unless he got 48.24 in one of his afternoon runs?

anyways, had fun at the event. good to see a slightly different course. maybe you guys can squeeze in a small slalom at the last event in Bowie?
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:are raw times counted? i remember Bryan getting a 48.24 in his miata on one of his morning runs but shagged a cone. i remember because i saw him hit the cone in the middle of the run and then heard the time and couldnt believe he was just .01 seconds off my time. unless he got 48.24 in one of his afternoon runs?

anyways, had fun at the event. good to see a slightly different course. maybe you guys can squeeze in a small slalom at the last event in Bowie?
Hitting a cone is a 2 second penalty. I'm glad you liked the course. I also like slaloms (and skid pads) the best!
DrSeuss

Post by DrSeuss »

Brian had a clean 48.24 in the afternoon.

I was stuck in 48.5x purgatory. 4 of my 5 runs in the afternoon were in the 48.5's. I tried different lines but the times came out to be the same. Oh well.

The course was fun especially for just a small lot.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

This really was a fun course. I was prepared to not like it because it had so many incredibly tight turns but was pleasantly surprised to find some very nice sweepers hidden away. Very nice course, Joe. thanks

Dan
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

I liked the course as well, really showed the flaws in my cars' bad understeer, but more importantly my driving/steering Inputs....so much so that I've finally done some suspension changes...mostly camber and toe....can't wait to try it out this Saturday!

Joe, thanks for putting that nice tight turn in there, that was a lot of fun, especially seeing how everyone handled it.

I felt bad for that mustang ...ton of power, but no where to put it down ... but it looked fun :)
-- Jason