Charlie Brown Passed Away Last Night

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Charlie Brown Passed Away Last Night

Post by echan »

Having owned British cars for a long time, I knew Charlie for over 20 years.

Charlie was one of the original CDC founders. He helped establish the club with Larry Rittinger, Richard Lipsky, Joe Seward and me back in 2003. Charlie and I were the original people searching for parking lots (a practice which still goes on), getting insurance, etc. Charlie established a relationship with the Capital Triumph Register (CTR, Charlie was also one of the founders of CTR), when all CDC members were also members of CTR. This relationship benefitted both clubs.
Charlie helped organize all the of the Virginia CDC Autocross events, and would typically be seen driving his British Racing Green Spitfire testing the course.

I will miss Charlie greatly.

Without Charlie, CDC would have never existed.

Pam will let us know about memorial service arrangements as we get them finalized.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Re: Charlie Brown Passed Away Last Night

Post by kyle.bowker »

Charlie, you were one helluva guy. I'm glad you're no longer hurting from the cancer. We'll miss you. Godspeed.
JoeTR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Like Ed, I also knew Charlie for 20 years. For those of you who didn't get to know him, Charlie was one hell of a good guy. He was the Triumph club newsletter editor for many years and went way beyond the call of duty. You could always count on him to lend a hand and do the right thing. Once, when the post office refused to forward a newsletter to my new address, he delivered it himself (probably enjoying an excuse to drive his Spitfire another 25 miles). I was introduced to autocross 13 years ago by Charlie, and remember well his advice for my second run: "This time try to use the throttle". Watching his Spitfire run at full tilt was quite inspiring for me. Events such as spinning backwards towards the timing tent and shearing clutch bolts in an attempt shave off another half second make me smile. He lent tools and advice many times while I was restoring my TR6 as he did for countless others. I'll miss his friendly manner and good spirit.
Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Post by Gonz »

very sorry to read this news guys.

May he rest in peace.

Gonz.
echan
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Here's information on Charlie's Memorial Service.

Monday, February 9, at 11 am
Trinity Presbyterian Church, 5533 N. 16th Street , Arlington 22205 .
703-536-5600 http://www.trinityarlington.org

Remembrances and pictures can be emailed to: remembering@charliebrownphoto.com. They will be posted on his webpage: charliebrownphoto.com.

In lieu of flowers, Charlie requested that memorial donations be made to:

Us TOO International, Inc. http://www.ustoo.org
Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network
5003 Fairview Avenue
Downers Grove , IL 60515 ( USA )
Phone: (630) 795-1002
Fax: (630) 795-1602
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

I'm really sorry we didn't get to have one last hurrah w/ him. He was a great guy from the few times I worked/talked with him. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about his dedication towards the club and the Capital Triumph Registry.

-Ed O