8/01 Bowie autox photos

Post by edfooliu »

"Opinionated"
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Re: 8/01 Bowie autox photos

Post by hepcatz »

Here are my photos, they are also in the CDC pool.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gohmchin/s ... 916578972/

I really liked this course. Big kudos to Ed C, Ted and all the gang. Mark, thanks for the pointers on the better attack of the one gate. Very cool to see the FFR Daytona in person, very sweet ride!

John
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

hepcatz wrote:Here are my photos, they are also in the CDC pool.

I really liked this course. Big kudos to Ed C, Ted and all the gang. Mark, thanks for the pointers on the better attack of the one gate. Very cool to see the FFR Daytona in person, very sweet ride!

John
lol! You got a pic of my message to Felipe. NICE!

It's "Get well soon Rolla" now. My fuel delivery is shot right now causing me to DNF my afternoon heat. Hoping it's just my shoddy switch =/

Next event I'll be out there with my Rebel XT, I keep forgetting it for some reason, but I've already pre-packed it for the event later in August.
hepcatz

Post by hepcatz »

Hell yeah I got the pic to go with the massa thread. Sorry that you had some hiccups in the afternoon.
flohtingPoint wrote:
hepcatz wrote:Here are my photos, they are also in the CDC pool.

John
lol! You got a pic of my message to Felipe. NICE!

It's "Get well soon Rolla" now. My fuel delivery is shot right now causing me to DNF my afternoon heat. Hoping it's just my shoddy switch =/

Next event I'll be out there with my Rebel XT, I keep forgetting it for some reason, but I've already pre-packed it for the event later in August.
Vegan Powered Racing
52 ax =)
TommySalami
Car: S2000
CDC Member#: 409

Post by TommySalami »

Hey guys, here are my pics. I only had a few keepers. Please critique them if you know what you're talking about. cheers

Image[/QUOTE]
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

Thanks very much to everyone for the compliments and appreciation of the Coupe. Also, thanks for the really great photos you guys took, which will definitely go in the album. Saturday was its CDC debut and I am sure you all will be seeing more of her.

Personally, I was not crazy about the course. Too tight and too many abrupt right angle and descending radius turns to flow well. But, hey, we were all in the same boat, right? Did anyone else think there was more gravel than usual out there? Maybe its because every tick on the brand new finish felt like a red hot poker in an open wound . . . .

Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
Beepbeep
Car: 2013, Mustang GT
CDC Member#: 391

Post by Beepbeep »

Great event as usual. It was a lot of fun, although my car set up did not work very well with the course layout, the sandy pavement and maybe my driving too :D . But it's all good, it's all part of the challenge of autocrossing to be able do good in all types of courses.

BTW, I was wondering if I can copy some of the pictures to be posted in our furoms at MidA S2KI. Thanks in advance.
hepcatz

Post by hepcatz »

Ben, it is definitely a gravely place! To me it seemed about the same except around the 2nd and third gates, when working I could see a lot more being kicked up from the tires. Looking forward to see more of the daytona, such a classic and beautiful race car style. I know it is off topic, but a post to hear about the car would be cool (options, the joys of assembly, etc). I'm sure many of us will hit you up for a ride at some point.

BeepBeep, help yourself & enjoy the pics!

Tommy, cool pics. I like the one of Fred's(?) cobra. Good lighting with nice shadows. The trailer ramp pairs well with the car.
Vegan Powered Racing
52 ax =)
Beepbeep
Car: 2013, Mustang GT
CDC Member#: 391

Post by Beepbeep »

hepcatz wrote:Ben, it is definitely a gravely place! To me it seemed about the same except around the 2nd and third gates, when working I could see a lot more being kicked up from the tires. Looking forward to see more of the daytona, such a classic and beautiful race car style. I know it is off topic, but a post to hear about the car would be cool (options, the joys of assembly, etc). I'm sure many of us will hit you up for a ride at some point.

Tommy, cool pics. I like the one of Fred's(?) cobra. Good lighting with nice shadows. The trailer ramp pairs well with the car.
Thank you sir.

I agree about the daytona, it's a beautiful race car style.
TommySalami

Post by TommySalami »

Ben L wrote:Thanks very much to everyone for the compliments and appreciation of the Coupe. Also, thanks for the really great photos you guys took, which will definitely go in the album. Saturday was its CDC debut and I am sure you all will be seeing more of her.

Personally, I was not crazy about the course. Too tight and too many abrupt right angle and descending radius turns to flow well. But, hey, we were all in the same boat, right? Did anyone else think there was more gravel than usual out there? Maybe its because every tick on the brand new finish felt like a red hot poker in an open wound . . . .

Yeah, here's a shot of you kicking up a lot of gravel. Too bad I cut off half of your car in the shot
TommySalami

Post by TommySalami »

^

Forgot to add the picture, lol

TommySalami

Post by TommySalami »

Beepbeep wrote:Great event as usual. It was a lot of fun, although my car set up did not work very well with the course layout, the sandy pavement and maybe my driving too :D . But it's all good, it's all part of the challenge of autocrossing to be able do good in all types of courses.

BTW, I was wondering if I can copy some of the pictures to be posted in our furoms at MidA S2KI. Thanks in advance.
Here are a couple more of your car. I have large versions as well if anyone wants them

Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

hepcatz wrote:Ben, it is definitely a gravely place! To me it seemed about the same except around the 2nd and third gates, when working I could see a lot more being kicked up from the tires. Looking forward to see more of the daytona, such a classic and beautiful race car style. I know it is off topic, but a post to hear about the car would be cool (options, the joys of assembly, etc). I'm sure many of us will hit you up for a ride at some point.

I agree that the perspective and light on Fred's car looks cool.

Thanks again. The BDC has been a two and a half year labor of love. Where would I began to describe its countless features and details?

It is literally a handcrafted one off, with every detail carefully thought out and executed with zero compromises, from the frame up. It was purpose built for what we do with it, by some very talented and familiar CDC racers, who put the sum total of their talents and experiences into the build. I handled concepts, component selection and acquisition, and was very particular in my selections. Fred did the fabrication and construction, including the very trick suspension. Larry designed and built the aerospace dash and some cool unseen bracketry. Joe MacInnes and his painter did the bodywork and beautiful paint.

The entire process is chronicled on the FFCobra and Capital Area Cobra Club boards. Search for No. 410 and/or the "Bottom Dollar Coupe."
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Yeah that gravel bit me on my first run at the 2nd to last corner just before it kinked back. Car started to rotate just fine and felt good then all of a sudden it snapped...luckily I was able to save it without loosing much time or hitting a cone lol.

vid of my runs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-9plQ39eRQ
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

ja deees course was sehr gut. :P
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
draxcaliber
Car: 2005 Turbo Scion tC
CDC Member#: 428

Post by draxcaliber »

i am starting to like how it seems like more and more events are being laid out with minimal use of double gates and how the cars can over lap eachother on the runs. while i appreciate the difficulty of the very technical courses, i would just love if there was a little more room to let the ponies gallop.
Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Post by Gonz »

draxcaliber wrote:i am starting to like how it seems like more and more events are being laid out with minimal use of double gates and how the cars can over lap eachother on the runs. while i appreciate the difficulty of the very technical courses, i would just love if there was a little more room to let the ponies gallop.
Capitol Raceway is literally just up the road ;)

I didn't see the course layout, but with the small lots we use there is only so much that can be done. The faster the cars go, the more run off room is needed and the more room to stop etc.
I'm happy at a CDC event if I don't need to downshift into 1st gear during the run.
goldenfri
Car: 2001 Honda S2000 Black
CDC Member#: 395

Post by goldenfri »

draxcaliber wrote:i am starting to like how it seems like more and more events are being laid out with minimal use of double gates and how the cars can over lap eachother on the runs. while i appreciate the difficulty of the very technical courses, i would just love if there was a little more room to let the ponies gallop.
Just totally miss a gate or two like me and the course really opens up. :D
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Many thanks to Drake for letting me drive his EVO. Its been quite a while since I have driven one, but it's very enjoyable. I love the quick/sharp steering.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
drakedeming
Car: EVO RS
CDC Member#: 666

Post by drakedeming »

No problem,

It was fun seeing someone really drive that car well, and now I know what kind of times I could be getting with better driving skills.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Results are now posted.

etherpool, I think I noticed a mistake with your results for this event. You are shown under the small bore series but not under raw times nor index times. Also, I think you are listed twice under the driver's championship points totals so those two rows should be combined into one which should move you up in the standings. Please let Ed Chan know of any other issues with the results so that we may correct them. I'll give it a day or two to let people see the results before I start fixing things.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Hi Guys,

Not wanting to be a pain in the A but I don't see my time listed in the raw times and I thought that I heard a 39.91 clean on my 5th run(I could be wrong about that). Sure would appreciate it if someone would check my timeslip.

Thanks,
Dan
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

No worries. This was Mehr's first time compiling the results but I understand there was some complications due to incompatibility between the spreadsheet application on her Mac and Excel that is on the PCs that Ed and I use. Please review the results carefully and let us know as soon as possible if you find any inconsistencies or omissions so we can fix them. Thanks!
hepcatz

Post by hepcatz »

Thanks Mehr & Kyle! I also noticed I am listed twice in the driver championship points. Once as John N & also as my alias. That could be my bad. Can they be combined?
Vegan Powered Racing
52 ax =)
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

No problems, I really DO appreciate all of the work that organizers do to make these events come off. It's a long day of work and often you guys don't even get to drive. IMHO there should be enough organizers so that everybody can get a chance to play-- so that you don't feel guilty if you don't volunteer and work at every event you possibly could. It should be organized so that ALL organizers (even Ed C.) get regularly scheduled events that they can just show up and enjoy themselves socially with the confidence that things won't fall apart if they relax for a minute. You guys have created a great club and you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your labors. The rest of us certainly do!
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran