Final autox of the season (11/23/09)

Parking lots and traffic cones.
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Final autox of the season (11/23/09)

Post by flohtingPoint »

Didn't get much photos of our cars as we ran separate from the police, but I did get a lot of shots of them. The group has been updated with the recent photos.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/capitaldrivingclub/
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Re: Final autox of the season (11/23/09)

Post by bellykat »

That ranked as one of the most fun autocrosses this year. Aside from that horrible picture of me cringing from getting sprayed with water (hope it was water) out the tailpipe of that Crown Vic - what a freakin blast. I thought I'd feel like I got hit by a bus after doing this for three days straight, but it ended on such a high note I braved Costco right afterward and actually cooked dinner rather than getting the usual carryout. Thanks for letting me use your car, Jacob.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

That is soo cool, they got cop motors, cop suspension, cop.... (Blues Brothers). Were you able to do ride alongs with them in the cruisers?

John
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

hepcatz wrote:That is soo cool, they got cop motors, cop suspension, cop.... (Blues Brothers). Were you able to do ride alongs with them in the cruisers?

John
For their first runs, myself, the two mikes and I believe Ernest ran with the cops to give them tips on how to take the course and how to stay on course. That was more fun to me than actually driving on the 3rd day (was too cold to get any proper heat in the tires). I was getting ridiculously amped each run when we'd cut time or grab FTD.
bellykat wrote:That ranked as one of the most fun autocrosses this year. Aside from that horrible picture of me cringing from getting sprayed with water (hope it was water) out the tailpipe of that Crown Vic - what a freakin blast. I thought I'd feel like I got hit by a bus after doing this for three days straight, but it ended on such a high note I braved Costco right afterward and actually cooked dinner rather than getting the usual carryout. Thanks for letting me use your car, Jacob.
The pic of you in mid air jumping was blurry =(

I'm all types of torn up right now. Almost fell asleep several times while driving back to the garage with Ed to put away the trailer. Got home and immediately took a nap.
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

No helmets at this event?

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

konkilr wrote:No helmets at this event?

jake
I made the cop wear one in my car when he rode with me in my car. Dunno why they weren't wearing them in their cars.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

I believe the police have their own insurance that doesn't require them to wear helmets. This was just another day on the job for them. CDC participants were still supposed to be using helmets, as far as I know.

FOD was Fernando (CDC Organizer) in a marked Charger at a 40.6.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

he ran a 38.4 using stop watch's so it is vague exactly what his time was, but he did an excellent job using every bit of that 6 cyl. charger. No problem jen. I would like to see justin hopkins pilot my car next year at event. He manages great times in his stock wagon usually only 2 secs or so be hind my car. I would like to see what he could do in a prepped car.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

That is so awesome. Looks like they ran with the lights on too haha.
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

I was there on 11/22 and I had a blast. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Special thanks to Travis for helping us understand the track, taking us around and sitting with us on a couple runs.
matt.baird
Car: 09 Hyundai Accent SE
CDC Member#: 276

Post by matt.baird »

sweet. I wish I still had the cobra wheels for the grand marquis (and monday off of work), i would have signed up to see what the big boat could do vs. the cruisers. Its definately faster than autocrossing the Accent.
Matt
Spaz_Attack
Car: A used rally car
CDC Member#: 473

Post by Spaz_Attack »

bugman1964 wrote:he ran a 38.4 using stop watch's so it is vague exactly what his time was, but he did an excellent job using every bit of that 6 cyl. charger. No problem jen. I would like to see justin hopkins pilot my car next year at event. He manages great times in his stock wagon usually only 2 secs or so be hind my car. I would like to see what he could do in a prepped car.
I would love to drive your car a bit. Maybe by next season I will even have the memory steer and misfire issues resolved so other people can see what a grocery getter can do.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

well if ya need help straightening out your car just let me know.
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

flohtingPoint wrote:I'm all types of torn up right now. Almost fell asleep several times while driving back to the garage with Ed to put away the trailer. Got home and immediately took a nap.
Check that, yesterday I was mildly in pain. Compare this morning to yesterday and it's black and white... Feels like someone detonated a claymore in my legs. I so need to work out, stop smoking so much, eat better, drink less... Then again, I would totally kill myself if I did that. Pass me another beer, it's only 10:55am and I've got the day off.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

yeah 3 straight days of auto cross is rough on the body. Also thanks to james newman and mike gold for instructing the cops. You did a good job of getting them on course and getting them to improve their times.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

flohtingPoint wrote:
flohtingPoint wrote:I'm all types of torn up right now. Almost fell asleep several times while driving back to the garage with Ed to put away the trailer. Got home and immediately took a nap.
Check that, yesterday I was mildly in pain. Compare this morning to yesterday and it's black and white... Feels like someone detonated a claymore in my legs. I so need to work out, stop smoking so much, eat better, drink less... Then again, I would totally kill myself if I did that. Pass me another beer, it's only 10:55am and I've got the day off.
Yeah helping me PUSH the trailer up the slight grade definately sucks after just one day of autocrossing. After three days of autocrossing and a twisted ankle would have been impossible without you to help push. Thanks for the help!
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

bugman1964 wrote:yeah 3 straight days of auto cross is rough on the body. Also thanks to james newman and mike gold for instructing the cops. You did a good job of getting them on course and getting them to improve their times.
No problem, I was happy to help. The cops were actually much cooler and fun than I thought they'd be (that was meant as a compliment :P ). They were all really excited about auto-x, anxious to learn and had a lot of fun.

As far as being beaten and dead, I'm not too bad except for my arms are about to fall off... I will definitely be going to get a power steering belt for the corolla tonight :) Don't auto-x a car with power steering and no belt... it might not seem like a bad idea... but it is :P
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

justin also remind me at the event next year that your to drive my car I'll probably forget.
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

bugman1964 wrote:yeah 3 straight days of auto cross is rough on the body. Also thanks to james newman and mike gold for instructing the cops. You did a good job of getting them on course and getting them to improve their times.
It was my pleasure. As stated, I had more fun helping them out than running the course that day anyway.
echan wrote:Yeah helping me PUSH the trailer up the slight grade definately sucks after just one day of autocrossing. After three days of autocrossing and a twisted ankle would have been impossible without you to help push. Thanks for the help!
Yea no problem. My dumb self totally forgot the other reason I went to the garage that day. I had some tools and a drop light I wanted to get out of the MR2 and instead of grabbing those, I did the direct opposite and left my work gloves sitting on it's trunk lid...
eage8 wrote:As far as being beaten and dead, I'm not too bad except for my arms are about to fall off... I will definitely be going to get a power steering belt for the corolla tonight :) Don't auto-x a car with power steering and no belt... it might not seem like a bad idea... but it is :P
LOL MIKE! Your wheel is not bad to turn at all. I have a PS rack in my corolla and a smaller wheel (you still have the bus driver wheel) and it's not that bad. Your problem is you need to eat more. If anyone can sit in my seat and crank the lap belts to their capacity and still not have them hold properly, they're malnourished =P My strength, contrary to popular belief, does not come from the beard, it comes from the hamburger helper I live off.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

flohtingPoint wrote:LOL MIKE! Your wheel is not bad to turn at all. I have a PS rack in my corolla and a smaller wheel (you still have the bus driver wheel) and it's not that bad. Your problem is you need to eat more. If anyone can sit in my seat and crank the lap belts to their capacity and still not have them hold properly, they're malnourished =P My strength, contrary to popular belief, does not come from the beard, it comes from the hamburger helper I live off.
haha. On Monday it wasn't that bad. Saturday is what killed me. Those r-comps were killer.

I'll be sure to stock up on some hamburger helper during the off season so next season I can not fit in your seats like everyone else :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

Like an idiot, I decided to go to the Y today on my lunch break to swim. Then I sat at my desk for the rest of the afternoon and stayed amused by watching my arms and legs spasm.

Rum. Now.
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

eage8 wrote:I'll be sure to stock up on some hamburger helper during the off season so next season I can not fit in your seats like everyone else :)
Haha! Wait till you see the MR2 next season. The seat in it is more uncomfortable than the rollas. Im half tempted to see if the Corb in the passenger's side of the rolla will match the bottom bolt pattern of my rails for the MR2.
bellykat wrote:Like an idiot, I decided to go to the Y today on my lunch break to swim. Then I sat at my desk for the rest of the afternoon and stayed amused by watching my arms and legs spasm.

Rum. Now.
I did like 5 minutes of Wii fit today and then Wii quit and Wii started drinking.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Nobody likes a quitter Jim so just don't bother starting with the wii fit and go straight for wii drink.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

hepcatz wrote:Nobody likes a quitter Jim so just don't bother starting with the wii fit and go straight for wii drink.
Dude, you know how fun it is to get absolutely lambasted and try the Wii Fit Yoga? I think I have permanent scars from that but it's sooo hilarious when it's not your turn.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

one of the wii party games I have has beer pong on it. :lol: