Update: BAR CODE SYSTEM DISCONTINUED

Parking lots and traffic cones.
cobas

Re: IMPORTANT- NEW BAR CODE SYSTEM- READ NOW

Post by cobas »

Hello. I currently don't have the required permissions to read the attachment. :(
Do I have to have a minimum number of forum posts to see attachments? Let's find out. Otherwise I'll email tomorrow.
guilty187

Post by guilty187 »

So wait does this mean my index is C154?

Street
260ish HP
3400 lbs

I thought I was C114 based on the calculations...which gave me 1.0197
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Sorry for being so late in responding.

Right, you index code is 154. That makes your numeric index 1 * 1.03 * 0.99 = 1.0197.

I just updated the PDF download files to correct the numeric indices for 2012. The only change was to make HP over 250 all the same multiplier. The previous bar codes will still work fine, but the text showed the extra bit of multiplier for HP over 300 that we used last year. In other words, don't worry about redoing your bar codes unless it bugs you that the numeric index printed on it is wrong. The computer goes by the coded form only.
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

This post is to announce that we are officially no longer using bar codes. The index system remains in place, but we are no longer requiring participants to print out bar codes and show them at start. What this means is that we need everyone to have the correct driver number on their car readable from a reasonable distance. This not only makes it easier for corner workers to call out the correct car, but now it's also how the start worker is going to assign runs. If your index changes after preregistering, let the registration workers know at the event so they can update it. Also, if your index changes during the event, let the start worker know and they'll tell the timing folks. Worst case, indices can be changed per run after the event. But this confuses the real-time display of results during the event and makes Mike work harder.