Osbourn Park HS Lot

Parking lots and traffic cones.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Osbourn Park HS Lot

Post by echan »

As many of you many know, the Principal at Osbourn Park is concerned with the newly paved lot being damaged by autocrossing. At first he decided not to allow us to autocross at Osbourn Park. Officer DJ Wheeler spoke to the Principal and convinced him to reconsider allowing CDC to use the lot. The Principal seemed to be willing to overlook the tire marks on the lot but wants us to propose a means to keep the parking lines in good condition. DJ informed me that he is looking for maintenance at a “professional” level, not just a few of use with rollers or spray cans making a mess.

I went to Osbourn Park and counted about 112 lines that have some level of damage.

I spoke to my landlord, Ron, at the CDC warehouse. Ron told me that if we purchase equipment, we should not buy the type that uses spray cans. This type of equipment does not give a professional look. The cheapest equipment I found was $700, plus we would also need the paint. Ron also told me that he’s used Dominion Paving. I called them up and the fee just to come out is $400, with a total cost of about $800.

My question to all of you is: Do any of you know anyone that does parking lot striping at a cheap cost??

If you know of anyone, please let me know. Our future use of Osbourn Park may depend on finding an affordable solution to painting the lot.

Ed
WRX11

Re: Osbourn Park HS Lot

Post by WRX11 »

Ed,

I don't know of any but has anyone provided info aside from this thread yet? NM. :P
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

I received replies from the mass e-mail that I sent. In general, I think we can probably afford to repaint the lot without increasing the entry fee, if we do it only once a season with at least 5 events at Osbourn.

Ted and I still need to set up a meeting with the Principal. I'm trying to find out DJ's schedule, since he volunteered to be there too. I figure a Police Officer on our side will help.

Ed
WRX11

Post by WRX11 »

DJ is a good guy, hopefully we can have the meeting and conclude all of the items needed before the season starts.

Thank you and Ted for leading this.

Ed, I have let DJ know about your meeting request, hopefully he will contact you soon.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.