Ride to this sundays TNT?

Parking lots and traffic cones.
Htay9500

Ride to this sundays TNT?

Post by Htay9500 »

Hello, I would like to briefly introduce myself,
My name is Richard and I am a 17-year old senior at Bethesda-Chevy Chase HS and I am a very passionate person when it comes to cars and racing. Since autocross is the closest thing nearby me, I would love to watch and hopefully participate in one of these auto-x's. As of now, I can only pay for joining the club due to family and financial reasons.

If possible, can someone in the Bethesda/Silver Spring/DC area give me a ride to this sunday's TNT event? I don't think I'll be driving (since the person I'd normally go with might not show up) but rather paying just to pay membership to CDC and getting rides during the event. I'm bringing a SYKO street motorcycle helmet (small) for myself or anyone to use.

Thank you.
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Re: Ride to this sundays TNT?

Post by flohtingPoint »

Richard,

If there is no one in your area from our group that can bring you, I'll do it. It's out of my way (as I live in Woodbridge, VA) but I wouldn't mind if no one else can.
Lt. Dan

Post by Lt. Dan »

Uhm.... 17 years old... Does CDC worry about stuff like Minor waivers?
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

flohtingPoint wrote:Richard,

If there is no one in your area from our group that can bring you, I'll do it. It's out of my way (as I live in Woodbridge, VA) but I wouldn't mind if no one else can.
Thank you, getting back on route won't be hard since I270 and the beltway aren't too far from where I am. I'll wait till the end of this week to find out who else can take me.
Last edited by Htay9500 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

Lt. Dan wrote:Uhm.... 17 years old... Does CDC worry about stuff like Minor waivers?
I'm not racing, and I'm only going to the TNT event.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Lt. Dan wrote:Uhm.... 17 years old... Does CDC worry about stuff like Minor waivers?
Being only 17, you do need to have a parent/gaurdian to also sign the waiver. I'll e-mail a waiver to you for you and a parent to sign.

Ed
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Just FYI, there's a much closer, and larger, autox event happening the same day. SCCA WDCR autox is at FedEx Field stadium on Sunday. Like 15-20mins from Bethesda. You could probably even take the metro..
edfooliu
Car: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
CDC Member#: 815

Post by edfooliu »

yep, walking distance (about a mile) from the largo town center and morgan boulevard stations... I imagine a good number of people doing cdc on saturday then scca on sunday. if you're just coming to either to spectate/get ridealongs, you don't need to pay or join anything. If you want to come to the SCCA event without a parent, you need to get this waiver signed and bring it:
http://www.wdcr-scca.org/SoloAutocross/ ... fault.aspx

I'd say try to make it out to both if you can and get some different flavors of autocross. I'll be at fedex on sunday; ask for Edwin around the shifter karts.
"Opinionated"
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

I'll think about it. I have interest however in CDC since I know some people that are members.
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

AJ and Ed have a point. Since it's much closer, it might be better if you went to that event on Sunday. This way you have the ability to be your own mode of transportation and dont have to rely on anyone else. I'm on call this weekend and might have to leave the scene early or may not be able to make Sunday at all due to network upgrades with my job (it's all up in the air).
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

Yeah, I think it'd be best not to ruin your plans for the day^^. I really do not like asking for rides if its not within their reach. I think I might consider going to that one instead. And I'll save my $$$ for next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
flohtingPoint

Post by flohtingPoint »

Htay9500 wrote:Yeah, I think it'd be best not to ruin your plans for the day^^. I really do not like asking for rides if its not within their reach. I think I might consider going to that one instead. And I'll save my $$$ for next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
Honestly, it's more about convenience to you. This way you can set your own schedule and come and go as you please instead of being on someone else's clock and proximity to your residence.
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

edfooliu wrote:yep, walking distance (about a mile) from the largo town center and morgan boulevard stations... I imagine a good number of people doing cdc on saturday then scca on sunday. if you're just coming to either to spectate/get ridealongs, you don't need to pay or join anything. If you want to come to the SCCA event without a parent, you need to get this waiver signed and bring it:

I'd say try to make it out to both if you can and get some different flavors of autocross. I'll be at fedex on sunday; ask for Edwin around the shifter karts.
Could you give me a better link? This one is not working.
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

Htay9500 wrote:
edfooliu wrote:yep, walking distance (about a mile) from the largo town center and morgan boulevard stations... I imagine a good number of people doing cdc on saturday then scca on sunday. if you're just coming to either to spectate/get ridealongs, you don't need to pay or join anything. If you want to come to the SCCA event without a parent, you need to get this waiver signed and bring it:

it's not working because it looks like wdcr-scca.org is down...
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
moxnix
Car: 1990 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 0

Post by moxnix »

eage8 wrote:
Htay9500 wrote:

it's not working because it looks like wdcr-scca.org is down...
Site was down for a while this evening but should be up now.
Htay9500

Post by Htay9500 »

What time does the event start?