First event

Parking lots and traffic cones.
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Re: First event

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

evolicious wrote:Here's a pic of the carnage...the pic really doesn't do it justice...
Ouch! Jason had some bad luck with his RSX after Sunday's WDCR event. Did similar fender damage. Hope you can get everything fixed soon!
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

evolicious wrote:Well, I'm not sure that I'll be making it to the next event. Parts are ordered, but not scheduled to come in till friday. Swerved around a car, hit a pothole which caused the lower balljoint to break out of the knuckle, which caused the axle to come out of the trans, which then caused the body damage. :evil:

Well, I cant figure out how to upload the image....its pretty bad..that's all you need to know.

Huh?! Was this at the autox? While you were driving?

Jason, what about your story? BTW, thanks for the ride. If my car's sorted and I autox next weekend, you should co-drive w/ me. Matt, you, too.

-Ed
thehammer
Car: 1994 miata MX-5
CDC Member#: 800

Post by thehammer »

what happened with jason?
CDC member # 800
1991 Mercury Capri White(gone)
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Red(gone)
1994 Mazda Miata White
2008 Volkswagon Eos Silver
http://www.facebook.com/steven.hamrick
or twitter @stevenhamrick
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

thehammer wrote:what happened with jason?

Dunno....look above my post. I think they're talking about Jason the organizer, right?
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

My vid from the day(s).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVlrh80MzU

As always folks, I had a blast. Then again, you could give me a couple M's and some S's and I'd find a way to have fun with that too.

wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

saint_foo wrote:
evolicious wrote:Well, I'm not sure that I'll be making it to the next event. Parts are ordered, but not scheduled to come in till friday. Swerved around a car, hit a pothole which caused the lower balljoint to break out of the knuckle, which caused the axle to come out of the trans, which then caused the body damage. :evil:

Well, I cant figure out how to upload the image....its pretty bad..that's all you need to know.

Jason, what about your story? BTW, thanks for the ride. If my car's sorted and I autox next weekend, you should co-drive w/ me. Matt, you, too.

-Ed

Yeah it was me. Driving home from Fed Ex Yesterday, my driver side wheel decided it didn't want to be attached to the car any more. Fortunately I felt what was happening, slowed the car down and avoided hitting anything or anyone.

Some pics are here...but they don't show the whole damage/story. --- http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrathe/set ... 603037027/

Since the tow company "fixed" it (put new studs on)...I didn't get to take pictures of the sheered wheel stud. Total damage so far...Rotor, studs, fender, tire, rim.
-- Jason
wrathe74

Post by wrathe74 »

saint_foo wrote:

-Ed
Your welcome Ed. I appreciate the offer. I may come saturday, not sure yet. I got a sporty Kia as a loaner car...woohooo!
-- Jason
wrathe74

Post by wrathe74 »

I'm just thankful that nothing happened while anyone else was driving my car, and that I was able to avoid hurting anyone else...I don't think I could forgive myself if that happened.
-- Jason
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Post by evolicious »

The damage happened on the way to work this morning :x

Since it will be pretty much impossible for me to have my car by saturday I will be driving a different car...an 01 S4 :D

My buddy was nice enough to let me borrow it for saturday while he's moving...that's a true friend right there. I'm not sure how well I'll do in it since I've only driven for maybe about 5 minutes total, but it should be fun and hopefully I'll be able to pull out some sort of decent points. I'm not sure if I need to register again since the index is the same :?:
High on PSI
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

I had a bad brake bias due to the front pads not arriving on time, but i hope i earned a little respect in the SRT-4, which one of the inspectors referred to as being on their sh!t list i believe. It's true that most srt guys are drag racers i guess...

The course layout was fun, the food was good, and the barcode scanning seemed to work nicely. Overall it was a good event. It was difficult to hear the PA down at the far side of the track.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
draxcaliber
Car: 2005 Turbo Scion tC
CDC Member#: 428

Post by draxcaliber »

yeah, i had a great time at this event! and am relieved to see how well the tc performed with it's new turbo upgrade. i was afraid it was going to be boggy and hold me up, but it was right there as soon as i touched the gas pedal everytime! granted it wasn't a tight course, but man i was just beside myself!

only thing holding me back right now are the all season tires! gotta get my hands on some fresh summer rubber to let all those horses gallop! right now i have to hold the reigns to keep the wheels from spinning!
draxcaliber
Car: 2005 Turbo Scion tC
CDC Member#: 428

Post by draxcaliber »

oh, and here are some videos of my morning runs. hope the new exhaust noise is to everybody's liking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEWEvb4DXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevlLQ56IyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEIdyPpouA

better not start complaining about the wastegate or BOV noise! though once i get some summer tires, i suppose i'll hear you guys complaining about how much better my times are now that i went through all this trouble for you folks! :lol:
DrSeuss

Post by DrSeuss »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote: Ouch! Jason had some bad luck with his RSX after Sunday's WDCR event. Did similar fender damage. Hope you can get everything fixed soon!
Guess that was the squeeky noise at the WDCR event.
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

DrSeuss wrote:
AJ_RDR_Civic wrote: Ouch! Jason had some bad luck with his RSX after Sunday's WDCR event. Did similar fender damage. Hope you can get everything fixed soon!
Guess that was the squeeky noise at the WDCR event.
Nah Jason said it actually was the brake shield making that noise. This was completely unrelated.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

wrathe74 wrote:
saint_foo wrote:

-Ed

what bolt pattern? We can run smallbore w/ my tires...
Your welcome Ed. I appreciate the offer. I may come saturday, not sure yet. I got a sporty Kia as a loaner car...woohooo!
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

my fastest run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfKInObzrU

good event except for the cold in the morning, really liked the course.
2001 Mazda Miata
1991 Mazda Miata

the other racedayvinyl.com guy
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

milkmandan wrote:my fastest run

Wow...Well done! That's an excellent video. I like the dual-angles. It helps convey the atmosphere.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
konkilr
Car: 1995 SUXASS LRXTi
CDC Member#: 19

Post by konkilr »

hufflepuff wrote:I had a bad brake bias due to the front pads not arriving on time, but i hope i earned a little respect in the SRT-4, which one of the inspectors referred to as being on their sh!t list i believe. It's true that most srt guys are drag racers i guess...

The course layout was fun, the food was good, and the barcode scanning seemed to work nicely. Overall it was a good event. It was difficult to hear the PA down at the far side of the track.
Never had a bad opinion on your car, but you definately proved yourself as a worthy driver. I was impressed at how smooth and controlled your runs were.

jake
Raceday strategy: Start slow, then back off.
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

That's like watching a Stig video from Top Gear :mrgreen:
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

ButtDyno wrote:

That's like watching a Stig video from Top Gear :mrgreen:
Needs more horrible music playing on the radio to be a test track video.
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Love the mustache!
Ryan P
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

BugBomb wrote:Wow...Well done! That's an excellent video. I like the dual-angles. It helps convey the atmosphere.
+1 I'd feature it on the CDC website under the Media section but that is soon getting a major revamp
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

Imprezive_04 wrote:

Love the mustache!
LOL, reminds me of when Top Gear was designing the Hammerhead eagle i-thrust Geoff and Clarkson asked if they ever made a car with a mustache.

BTW, loose tranny mount? On your launch your shifter was shaking like a beast.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

thank's the props guys. i'll be doing more multiple viewpoint videos through the season, hopefully with even more cameras.
flohtingPoint wrote:
BTW, loose tranny mount? On your launch your shifter was shaking like a beast.
more likely every driveline bushing and mount is loose lol. this car has had a hard life
2001 Mazda Miata
1991 Mazda Miata

the other racedayvinyl.com guy
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

the shaking shifter looks like typical miata wheel hop stuff to me. Sweet vid!
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193