results are up!

Parking lots and traffic cones.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

results are up!

Post by FredK »

For the Fed Ex event yesterday.. that ended at 5:30 PM . Actually they were up at 8:30 last night. I love the new timing, the barcode and the display. Now we just need to figure out how to get the results of all the runs up quickly like everyone else. I love you guys, even with the quirks.
FredK
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Re: results are up!

Post by BugBomb »

Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

LOL Fred loves to give u guys a hard time.. Damn I thought I'd have index. Oh well, probably the closest I'll ever get.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

There are a few issues we still need to iron out with the barcode system. But the hope is to be able to post times quicker once those have been worked out.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

FredK wrote:For the Fed Ex event yesterday.. that ended at 5:30 PM . Actually they were up at 8:30 last night. I love the new timing, the barcode and the display. Now we just need to figure out how to get the results of all the runs up quickly like everyone else. I love you guys, even with the quirks.
FredK

Perhaps if we could actually trust you to not ensure you get FTD all the time, why don't you compile them? It's really not that hard to enter everything in a spreadsheet, sort, use the macros, find the folks in the small bore series, copy results to the season standings, etc.

+1 vote for Fred to do them in 1 day turnaround. :D
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

Bugbomb - is there another location for the results? They're blocked at work. thx!
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I believe Kyle will be adding an excel file and PDF to the CDC Results page today.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
FredK

Post by FredK »

Excuse me. The combination of my excitement and ,(excessive), wine drinking is not positive or productive. My sincere apologies.
Fred
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The results have been posted to the CDC website at http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/results.html

To view the latest version of the results page (and not an old copy that was cached by your web browser) be sure to do a hard refresh (typically CTRL + F5 for Windows users or Command-Shift-R for Macs).

Results are available in Microsoft Excel .xls and Adobe Acrobat .pdf formats. Also, new for this year will are trying out reporting results using Google Docs.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

FredK wrote:Excuse me. The combination of my excitement and ,(excessive), whine drinking is not positive or productive. My sincere apologies.
Fred

fixed for you. :lol:
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Post by evolicious »

I'm losing my mind...the results just changed in front of my eyes.

Wrong HP multiplier for a new Sti by the by.
High on PSI
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

The results link I posted above is getting corrections as I receive them. The website will post updated results later this week. I already had one index correction that shook things up a little for the top index times.

Matt, According to Cobb Tuning, a 2010 STi puts down 228WHP on their dyno.
Mike M
evolicious

Post by evolicious »

Wow. Gotta love those mustang dynos ;)
I stand corrected. Dangit. Now that last run hurts even more.
High on PSI
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

I hear ya. I analyzed my onboard video after the event and found I could determine a run's actual time to within 1/10th of a second. My first afternoon run on Saturday (no time recorded) was likely a 43.80.
Mike M
evolicious

Post by evolicious »

I thought that one looked fast too.
High on PSI
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

Fred, What the heck did you do to the miata to get it so fast? You beat practically everyone!
FredK

Post by FredK »

Small bore is my life! That and I got some shocks that still had the valve packs attached to the rod. I'll have a much harder time on the big hill at Bowie.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

FredK wrote:Small bore is my life! That and I got some shocks that still had the valve packs attached to the rod. I'll have a much harder time on the big hill at Bowie.

What route did you go? Koni, Bilstein, else?
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

FredK wrote:Small bore is my life! That and I got some shocks that still had the valve packs attached to the rod. I'll have a much harder time on the big hill at Bowie.
Hopefully my secret weapon I installed last night will help me close the 0.2 second gap next weekend :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
FredK

Post by FredK »

I just replaced the yellow Koni's, raised it up an inch, and put a bump stop in, this time... I also got rid of the V710's and put on some used NT/01's.
Fred
KanosWRX

Post by KanosWRX »

Looks like the google docs version has been fixed... guess the excel and pdf still need to be updated.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

KanosWRX wrote:Looks like the google docs version has been fixed... guess the excel and pdf still need to be updated.
BugBomb wrote:The results link I posted above is getting corrections as I receive them. The website will post updated results later this week.
We're trying Google Docs in an attempt to improve collaboration and version control and give participants more options. However, Google Docs is rather limited in its capabilities and does not meet all of our requirements for results reporting, particularly in regards to formatting for print to 8.5x11. We're also mindful that the Google Docs results alone do not meet the requirements for many contingency programs such as Mazda Motorsports Development (Mazdaspeed). Accordingly, we provide the .pdf output that looks nice and is accessible to most people using virtually any web browser or operating system. For those who really like to play around with the results we also offer a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.

Google Docs is being updated in real-time as requests for corrections are received. However, it is a pain to process Google Docs into our preferred format for output to .pdf and .xls so we will wait a few days to allow everyone to review the results and make any requests for corrections before updating those files.
draxcaliber
Car: 2005 Turbo Scion tC
CDC Member#: 428

Post by draxcaliber »

BugBomb wrote:The results link I posted above is getting corrections as I receive them. The website will post updated results later this week. I already had one index correction that shook things up a little for the top index times.

Matt, According to Cobb Tuning, a 2010 STi puts down 228WHP on their dyno.
you mean to tell me that an STI and probably all other subaru's lose 24% bhp to parasitic drive train loss? that can't be right. i dyno'ed at p-tuning and make 308 whp on their dyno, which means that on the highway i should be able to stomp an STI like he isn't even racing. heck, when i was supercharged @ 9.5 psi last year, i was dyno'ing 225 whp at altered atmosphere's in-ground dynojet. even with AWD, they shouldn't be losing that much power and/or still be that fast.
FredK

Post by FredK »

My cobra loses 22%, Ben L's coupe loses close to 25% and we only turn two wheels. So yes. and another thing... If AJ and I didn't win the index with our 115-120 hp little pop guns then maybe the index needs a tweak. I don't think either of us will go much faster than last Sat. Do you see a pattern?? I don't really care about the index, but AJ does. I smallbore.
FredK
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

I guess I must have goofed during website sign up? I thought I'd do 1.00/1.00/1.00 as usual. weight multiplier is 1.01 but should be 1.00 for 2,562 lbs. I used the 1.00 multiplier bar code on the car. If it is my fault, don't change it, that will teach me to be more careful. =)
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr