Bowie results

Parking lots and traffic cones.
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Re: Bowie results

Post by flohtingPoint »

eage8 wrote:
flohtingPoint wrote:Looks like the Bowie lot now hates Mike as much as it's always hated me. My roommate, while graining my tires, wound up beating him in points.
yeah... I've never really clicked with bowie and this event compounded that with such a wacky course. I went from getting 3rd in small bore at the first event to 8th last weekend... hopefully this isn't a trend :(
Thats it man, we gotta hit a baysox game. Cheer the home team on, buy the foam #1 finger and squash the demons that hate us.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Ben L wrote:Just funnin' Relax. . .

:P. I figured but a lot of autocross/road race forums I know when I see a newbie (post count in the single) claiming a time no matter what it is, its like pshhh whatever the have no idea what their talking about :lol: .

If it was a 33.88 I got index, but we will see I may have gotten a 33.98 or .98 or whatever. At least the backup has the morning runs where I Got my fastest run, I dunno what happened in the afternoon, the heat burned my brain, and my poor neck. May have to make it out to more CDC events. :twisted:
What mods do you have on ur M3? If you break the 201-250hp index, you get bumped down to 4th in Index. The E36's are rated at 240hp stock, I'm sure even an exhaust or intake will get you over the 250hp mark. If your power is stock, you would take Index as your time would be 34.21 but if it's over 250hp, your Index times jumps to 34.54(assuming you ran a 33.88)

M3 crank horsepower is 240hp, I have intake and exhaust. 201-250hp index is wheel horsepower. Assuming a very conservative (for the benefit of the doubt) 10% drivetrain loss, I am still WAYYYY under the 250whp, you only break 250whp with cams, full exhaust, chip etc. I just have intake and exhaust, id be lucky to break 220whp, 147k miles, I bet id be lucky to break 250 crank hp. I was also on old street tires. My index was only 1.0098.

You can find my index by my mods as follows: (copied from when I was classing myself for NASA)
1999 M3 (stock 240HP, typical stock dynos are 204-209WHP)
VIR Weigh Scales : 3369LBS with 173lb driver.

Intake (pre-maf, still have stock traction throttle body,real throttle body, manifold etc)
Cat-back exhaust
17x9 T1r Wheels, 245/40/17 Hankook RS2s with 1 full Summit Point weekend, 5 autocrosses, and daily driving since July.
Bilsteins/H+R race springs
TMS sway bars
Aluminum Radiator/metal thermostat, metal impeller water pump
edfooliu
Car: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
CDC Member#: 815

Post by edfooliu »

AJ, i think it's time to use that dyno session you won and prove once and for what we all know: the poor little motor in your civic isn't cracking 100 whp. That'll secure your first index win nicely ;)
"Opinionated"
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

edfooliu wrote:AJ, i think it's time to use that dyno session you won and prove once and for what we all know: the poor little motor in your civic isn't cracking 100 whp. That'll secure your first index win nicely ;)
Yeah I suppose I should use it lol.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:Yeah I suppose I should use it lol.
Save it for a 90+ degree day and fill up on 87 octane. Maybe get some fouled spark plugs... :)
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Harder competition only makes you better :P. Love to get a "cdc dyno day" that isnt mandatory but would help people get baselines. Work with MachV or any other dyno facility in the area, and im sure you could get three runs in for 50-75 bucks each person. If I am able to make it to more of CDC's autox I got some things coming up that actually will somewhat mirror optimizing my setup for NASA. Wider tires and switch to good rubber (star specs), lose 190lbs (easy on these boats), and going to a nice suspension instead of crappy H+R springs, chip her, and finally get my goddamn roll bar/seats/harnesses in instead of ending up with bruises on the side of my legs after a day of autox lol.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Just saw the results and my index is wrong. I was running Rcomps so my indexed times are way too good. Bummer.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Post by evolicious »

Well, that race was a wash...

I can't wait to get my car back. Thank goodness there are 4 thrown out...I have a feeling this race and all the VA races will be thrown out for me. Bah. That S4 is much more suited for track duty than autox. It was fun though and I had a great time. See ya guys in a month...hopefully the Red Baron will be back in action by then. If anyone cares, I got 95% of my parts in today and got the suspension fixed up. Now I just have to get the body work and alignment done.
High on PSI
TopGear

Post by TopGear »

BugBomb wrote:
TopGear wrote:My index numbers are incorrect. They are listed as what I ran with last year. I had the correct updated index on my barcode though. Who should I talk to about that?
You can go ahead and request revisions on this thread, or send me a PM. I am handling the results.
Here are my correct index numbers:

Weight 1.00
Tires 1.02
HP 1.01

Total index = 1.0302
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

evolicious wrote:Well, that race was a wash...

I can't wait to get my car back. Thank goodness there are 4 thrown out...I have a feeling this race and all the VA races will be thrown out for me. Bah. That S4 is much more suited for track duty than autox. It was fun though and I had a great time. See ya guys in a month...hopefully the Red Baron will be back in action by then. If anyone cares, I got 95% of my parts in today and got the suspension fixed up. Now I just have to get the body work and alignment done.
missing shifts are suited for no where. :lol:

I noticed ya got an intimate familiarity with the factory audi understeer too.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
evolicious

Post by evolicious »

bugman1964 wrote:
evolicious wrote:Well, that race was a wash...

missing shifts are suited for no where. :lol:

I noticed ya got an intimate familiarity with the factory audi understeer too.
I hear ya on the missed shifts part...the gearing for that car is more suited for track/autobahn type bs. I was trying to do a 1st gear into 2nd for the sweeper and chicane and then back to first for the second part. Didn't work out so well as you know/heard. That thing was only at 1500-2000 rpm in second on that track...no bueno. I was topping out first going into the first left hander...no bueno...kinda stuck.

Yes, that understeer is very, very annoying. Oh well, it was a fun experience. Next time, I think I'll take you up on your offer ;)
High on PSI
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

evolicious wrote:Next time, I think I'll take you up on your offer ;)
You mean my offer?

Too many "Bugs" on the forum.
Mike M
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
BugBomb

Post by BugBomb »

The results are still receiving updates, but you won't see them for a few days. In the interest of speeding up the process, I have created a new results file that automates some of the more tedious parts. The drawback is that non-members will not be shown on the championship points standings. They will still receive points at individual events, but they cannot "claim" those points in the championship unless they become members. This isn't meant to encourage more people to join - it's just that my automated results file relies on fixed driver numbers for driver identification. Non-members do not have permanent numbers in our system. I am currently working on making sure all present members are accounted for on the new results file, and then I will release it for everyone. Stay tuned.
Mike M
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Ben L wrote:Just funnin' Relax. . .

:P. I figured but a lot of autocross/road race forums I know when I see a newbie (post count in the single) claiming a time no matter what it is, its like pshhh whatever the have no idea what their talking about :lol: .

If it was a 33.88 I got index, but we will see I may have gotten a 33.98 or .98 or whatever. At least the backup has the morning runs where I Got my fastest run, I dunno what happened in the afternoon, the heat burned my brain, and my poor neck. May have to make it out to more CDC events. :twisted:

Looks like it was my second guess...33.99 was the official time. So your 1st still stands, settle for second....till next time.... ;)
AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
Looks like it was my second guess...33.99 was the official time. So your 1st still stands, settle for second....till next time.... ;)
phew... Still very very close, bumped Wade to 3rd by just 6 hundredths of a second :shock:

I'm not expecting a next time, esp if Fred decides to go back in his Cobra. Only time I might have a shot at it again is if it rains...I'm happy with taking Index once, not expecting to get it again lol.
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:
phew... Still very very close, bumped Wade to 3rd by just 6 hundredths of a second :shock:

I'm not expecting a next time, esp if Fred decides to go back in his Cobra. Only time I might have a shot at it again is if it rains...I'm happy with taking Index once, not expecting to get it again lol.

That is...until you see AJ in my RSX... lol, what he does with another 50hp, insane! :)
-- Jason
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Personally I have no problem with needing to be a member in order to have championship points.

BugBomb wrote:The results are still receiving updates, but you won't see them for a few days. In the interest of speeding up the process, I have created a new results file that automates some of the more tedious parts. The drawback is that non-members will not be shown on the championship points standings. They will still receive points at individual events, but they cannot "claim" those points in the championship unless they become members. This isn't meant to encourage more people to join - it's just that my automated results file relies on fixed driver numbers for driver identification. Non-members do not have permanent numbers in our system. I am currently working on making sure all present members are accounted for on the new results file, and then I will release it for everyone. Stay tuned.
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I just hammersniped a two car aluminum trailer on Ebay last night, I'm excited, now I can bring both cars everywhere.
Fred
evolicious

Post by evolicious »

FredK wrote:I just hammersniped a two car aluminum trailer on Ebay last night, I'm excited, now I can bring both cars everywhere.
Fred
Oh goood, double the ass whoopin' ;) :lol:
High on PSI
edfooliu
Car: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
CDC Member#: 815

Post by edfooliu »

wrathe74 wrote: That is...until you see AJ in my RSX... lol, what he does with another 50hp, insane! :)

only 50? that's an awfully optimistic appraisal of the mighty SOHC D16 motor...
"Opinionated"
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

edfooliu wrote:
wrathe74 wrote: That is...until you see AJ in my RSX... lol, what he does with another 50hp, insane! :)

only 50? that's an awfully optimistic appraisal of the mighty SOHC D16 motor...

la la la la ... I can't hear you....
-- Jason
AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

FredK wrote:I just hammersniped a two car aluminum trailer on Ebay last night, I'm excited, now I can bring both cars everywhere.
Fred
Can I snag a lift to Nationals?? :mrgreen:

Question is, will CDC allow you to compete for both index and SB? Or either? As far as I know WDCR and AI only allow you to run 1 car for points. You would have to run non-comp and after your points runs so you don't have the unfair advantage of getting more runs on the course.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
Question is, will CDC allow you to compete for both index and SB? Or either? As far as I know WDCR and AI only allow you to run 1 car for points. You would have to run non-comp and after your points runs so you don't have the unfair advantage of getting more runs on the course.
Fred has a "special" arrangement with Ed...all 12 runs and both cars count. ;)
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

I plan on 3 in each car. Don't want to wear my old tires out. Running 6 in both cars would be like riding with people before you run..
AJ_RDR_Civic

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

FredK wrote:I plan on 3 in each car. Don't want to wear my old tires out. Running 6 in both cars would be like riding with people before you run..
I didn't ride with anyone at the last event :D I rode in Jason's car at the Frederick event and you beat me that time :roll: