Re: Bowie results

Post by FredK »

jeeez, someones a little sensitive...
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

lol I'm just playin. I know you gave me a hard time about that last time haha.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

Fred is just getting us confused with the scca where people aren't allowed to do ride a longs. ;)
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
Ben L
Car: FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
CDC Member#: 20

Post by Ben L »

OK, so its been almost a week and official results aren't up.

Not meaning to rush you all, and I understand the bar code thing did not work out so hot.

Buy any idea when they might be ready?
Ben Lambiotte
FFR 65 Daytona Coupe
363 ci Ford Racing Boss Stroker
CDC No. 20
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

I talked to Mike this morning about it. As soon as he has the most up to date member list with permanent member numbers from Ed he can complete his schema for automating the driver's championship points standings. The hope is that this will greatly improve the speed in which he can get the results posted as the season progresses, particularly towards the end when a lot of manual manipulation must be done to calculate the points total including dropping the lowest X number of events. Complicating matters is the alias feature and the fact that many people don't routinely use the same alias. It all gets complicated rather quickly. I expect the "official" results will be posted by this evening. Not that the .xls or .pdf versions are any more "official" than the "unofficial" GoogleDocs results - they should all be the same, the .pdf version just looks a little better due to better formatting.

In the meantime, please check out the "living" results file on Google Docs.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... Slg&gid=22
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

kyle.bowker wrote:In the meantime, please check out the "living" results file on Google Docs.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... Slg&gid=22
awesome, it sounds like you guys are making it a lot easier.

I'm interested to see how many places I dropped in small bore :P

If it helped I could write in the small bore championship for you guys. I'd just need the list of people that registered for it.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

I have the updated member list now. Its a lot of initial setup, but it will speed up the process for future events.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

bugman1964 wrote:Fred is just getting us confused with the scca where people aren't allowed to do ride a longs. ;)
You can do ridealongs at SCCA events. At WDCR events, you just can't do them until you've completed your runs, so that you don't have an advantage seeing the course more than other folks.

*not trying to start another SCCA classing/y so srs debate*
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Results formatted for 8.5x11 and output to xls and pdf and uploaded to website. Click CRTL+F5 to force your browser to do a hard refresh.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

ButtDyno wrote:
bugman1964 wrote:Fred is just getting us confused with the scca where people aren't allowed to do ride a longs. ;)
You can do ridealongs at SCCA events. At WDCR events, you just can't do them until you've completed your runs, so that you don't have an advantage seeing the course more than other folks.

guess it depends on the region, the one I came from out west you weren't allowed ride alongs unless the driver was a rookie.
FredK
Car: Factory Five Cobra

Post by FredK »

Not only are ride on's very popular and common at SCCA autocross events, they allow them at some track events. I've given several rides at Summit point, seems crazy, but it's fun. The SCCA guys are loosening up alot in their old age.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

ButtDyno wrote:

Just a clarification w/ SCCA.

Is it "you can't ride along until you've completed your runs" or "until you've run at least once"? I think once you've driven the course, you really lose 95% of the unfair advantage. Of course, you could argue that someone could gain a better line for a section by watching someone else drive, but if it's not a National event, would your competitors really sweat it if you've driven 1 run and asked permission across the competition?
FredK

Post by FredK »

You can't ride until you are done all your runs. I personally think riding is a huge advantage. The SCCA rule is not regional, it is in their national Solo rules. Anyone who is an SCCA member can ride. No one says anything if someone rides here, but it is often noticed.

I don't care what anyone does at CDC events. I don't like to ride with anyone, not even to the grocery store.
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

WDCR SCCA/AI - For the most part, ride-alongs is not strictly enforced, and usually is more-so enforced by your class members if they are serious about it or competitive. However on the Regional Pro-Solo and National Pro-Solo...you had better not be caught riding along until you finished (especially if you finish in the top spots), they are very adamant about it.

CDC and most local clubs are more relaxed about ride-alongs.
FredK wrote:I don't care what anyone does at CDC events. I don't like to ride with anyone, not even to the grocery store.
I think its really that no one wants you to ride along with them! :o lol
-- Jason
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Like mentioned, it's not strictly enforced. In fact if you're a novice, they will likely encourage it. It really only begins to matter when you become more competitive. Which even then, you can run it by the competitors in your class and if they all say they don't care, you're good to go. Regional events are more laid back than National events, ProSolo's, Divinsional's, etc..
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

wrathe74 wrote:WDCR SCCA/AI - For the most part, ride-alongs is not strictly enforced, and usually is more-so enforced by your class members if they are serious about it or competitive. However on the Regional Pro-Solo and National Pro-Solo...you had better not be caught riding along until you finished (especially if you finish in the top spots), they are very adamant about it.
At national events, it's not a matter of riding before you finish - no passengers, period, even after their runs are done. It's even in the rulebook :)
the rules wrote: Passen-gers are not allowed during competition runs in Divisional, National Tour, and National Solo events.
At WDCR, I have never seen it be an issue. I think that the folks who care self-enforce.
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Post by defylogik »

Thanks for posting the results :) 4th for the time being. Don't think i am going to beat Alex, Jim or Fred any time soon LOL. You guys could just not show up for an event hahaha. :lol:

Total Points First Name Last Name 3/27/10 4/3/10
198 Alejandro Avi 98 100
188 Jim Har 91 97
188 Fred Kel 95 93
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Post by evolicious »

Bowie:::
17 of the top 25 (before index) were RWD cars, 15 of the 17 were short wheel base RWD cars. I love the challenge of navigating those tight layouts and the mix of courses....but.....

Frederick:::
12 of the top 20 (before index) were AWD/FWD cars.

Hylton:::
Guarantee a small bore/RWD majority if the layouts are the same as last year.

The discrepancy between course layouts is ok if there are an equal number of "advantageous" layouts/courses. Last year is was equal due to SP being on the schedule...This year, not so much. Guarantee a small bore will win it all if the trends stay the same. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's a reason why there's a small bore class and another class right?

I have never setup a course and realize the problems with the layouts of the lots, but does bowie have to be bowie? Does Frederick have to be Frederick?

Is there any way we can find a happy medium in course layout so there are equal opportunities for every car to have a chance?

I'm not complaining by any means. Constructive criticism. I'm very sorry if I have offended in any way. :oops:
High on PSI
FredK

Post by FredK »

The first event at HG was very dirty and slippery, not typical for HG. Bowie is fair for everyone. Just drive.
FredK
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

evolicious wrote:Bowie:::
17 of the top 25 (before index) were RWD cars, 15 of the 17 were short wheel base RWD cars. I love the challenge of navigating those tight layouts and the mix of courses....but.....
knowing I was in that 8 cars out of the top 25 makes me feel a lot better about my 22nd place finish, thanks :) haha

you're always going to have someone dissatisfied when someone else wins, I can see how the boxes at the last bowie event might give the advantage to smaller cars, but a mustang got third so in reality really anyone could have won... you can set up an awd car to handle like a rwd car... I'm not really sure where you're going with this.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

We've been trying to secure some more lots but so far we haven't had any luck with the two we were going for. We are still looking for lots and always encourage the members to recommend lot's to us. If you want a more open course we need new lots. But at the first HG event mike took FTD in the suxass, so frederick can be fast for all wheel drive cars. I havent run or organized enough bowie events to form a real opinion of it above my personal opinion of the lot. I miss SP greatly it was a very fun course, unfortunately it is very cost prohibitive for the club.
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

evolicious wrote:Guarantee a small bore will win it all if the trends stay the same.
I assume you are talking about winning the points championship, in which case you should be looking at indexed times. This season has been interesting so far since one of our top AWD points cars (You) broke before Bowie and I don't even want to talk about the SUXASS.

Don't start to think that AWD is at a severe disadvantage in the points at any location. At the last Bowie event of 2009, half of the top 10 index times were AWD cars.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
Jim Harris

Post by Jim Harris »

bugman1964 wrote:We've been trying to secure some more lots but so far we haven't had any luck with the two we were going for. We are still looking for lots and always encourage the members to recommend lot's to us. If you want a more open course we need new lots. But at the first HG event mike took FTD in the suxass, so frederick can be fast for all wheel drive cars. I havent run or organized enough bowie events to form a real opinion of it above my personal opinion of the lot. I miss SP greatly it was a very fun course, unfortunately it is very cost prohibitive for the club.
Not sure which lots you struck out on, but what about Maryland State Police/Sykesville and Regency Furniture/Blue Crab/Waldorf? BMW Club uses both.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

evolicious wrote: The discrepancy between course layouts is ok if there are an equal number of "advantageous" layouts/courses. Last year is was equal due to SP being on the schedule...This year, not so much. Guarantee a small bore will win it all if the trends stay the same. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's a reason why there's a small bore class and another class right?
I'm pretty sure I finished in top 10 and once in second or third raw time at Summit in a Miata last year. I'm not a super good driver so I'm pretty sure that the other small bore guys running sticky tires this year would be competitive even at Summit. This is one of the reasons that I miss Summit so much. The Miata could carry a ton of speed through the course and the HUGE HP cars can't put the power down so the Miata's lack of HP wasn't much of a hindrance there.

I wouldn't worry too much about any of the Small Bore guys winning the season except for AJ or Fred and they could win driving almost anything. The rest of us mere mortals need so much help to be fast that our indexed times stink.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

not to mention I was in the top ten at HG in my way under powered impreza rs, and didn't race bowie cause I needed to fix a few things.