Bowie 5/8

Parking lots and traffic cones.
defylogik
Car: Subaru STi / Miata Rat
CDC Member#: 352

Re: Bowie 5/8

Post by defylogik »

Some pics from heat one. I have a ton more, but these are the ones that i thought were the best. Heat ONE only though - Got lazy and stopped taking pics. PM me if you want the 12megapixel RAW versions.

linky link link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/scottmerker ... LXgUn62iXA#

(Anyone know how to keep picasa from desaturating the uploaded photos?)
going balls out
http://www.racedayvinyl.com
Yep, we do numbers, and graphics, and unicorns.
Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Post by Gonz »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Was Bryan Rut driving a 2010 Sti? Hes got 100-150hp ;)

I compare cars to estimate where I am, wondering if he was in a miata which would make total sense.
This may explain it:
JoeTR6 wrote:That was my bad. I forgot to use the corrected registration data when I dumped the results from the timing computer. Another thing you may notice is that the individual tire/weight/hp indices may be wrong, but the total multiplier should be right. Basically, the original index bar-code only had the final index, not the components. For those, I pick a set of index components that gets the right total index. The newer index bar-code has the tire/weight/hp index as a code, which is really better
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Gonz wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Was Bryan Rut driving a 2010 Sti? Hes got 100-150hp ;)

I compare cars to estimate where I am, wondering if he was in a miata which would make total sense.
This may explain it:
JoeTR6 wrote:That was my bad. I forgot to use the corrected registration data when I dumped the results from the timing computer. Another thing you may notice is that the individual tire/weight/hp indices may be wrong, but the total multiplier should be right. Basically, the original index bar-code only had the final index, not the components. For those, I pick a set of index components that gets the right total index. The newer index bar-code has the tire/weight/hp index as a code, which is really better

Yeah but his should actually be better indexing, maybe im wrong. I should stop trying to help people, I thought his would be 1.0098 instead of 1.0100 that he put. But I guess if you select your class, you select your class even if it hurts you ;)
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

FredK wrote:The reason it was a Miata course is because smallbore is fun and getting really competitive, everyone's going alot faster. If Wade, Larry, and I had showed up it would have been a Cobra course.

Their were several sections where the underpowered cars lost all momentum and didn't have the power to get it back any time soon.

If your time was slower than you thought think back to that thwack sound you may have heard and don't make Mike go through all the results, it's CDC. Or better yet check your timesheet before you leave.

I told everyone I was FTD one time...then the results came out on Wed. oops. Lesson learned.

Fred
if the cobras were running, I'd still say it was a Miata course. It was tight and like I said before, I couldn't carry momentum in my car on the course. The little RWD cars could get around better and the wide r-compounds all you guys were running helps aid in keep any momentum up. If there was a slalom in there somewhere or the course flowed a little better, I would have been all over it I'm sure.

As for times, Before I leave I take a picture of the time sheet with my phone. I do this to make sure the results are correct and also for my video as I like to put the time for each run in there. If you can take a picture, write it down somewhere...
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

Anyone find an iPhone? Someone emailed me they might've lost it at the event.

thx,

Ed O
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:
FredK wrote:The reason it was a Miata course is because smallbore is fun and getting really competitive, everyone's going alot faster. If Wade, Larry, and I had showed up it would have been a Cobra course.

Their were several sections where the underpowered cars lost all momentum and didn't have the power to get it back any time soon.

If your time was slower than you thought think back to that thwack sound you may have heard and don't make Mike go through all the results, it's CDC. Or better yet check your timesheet before you leave.

I told everyone I was FTD one time...then the results came out on Wed. oops. Lesson learned.

Fred
if the cobras were running, I'd still say it was a Miata course. It was tight and like I said before, I couldn't carry momentum in my car on the course. The little RWD cars could get around better and the wide r-compounds all you guys were running helps aid in keep any momentum up. If there was a slalom in there somewhere or the course flowed a little better, I would have been all over it I'm sure.

As for times, Before I leave I take a picture of the time sheet with my phone. I do this to make sure the results are correct and also for my video as I like to put the time for each run in there. If you can take a picture, write it down somewhere...
yeah, that's what I usually do, but by the time I went up to go look they were all packed up already.

I don't really think it was specifically a miata course, I just think a lot of the faster guys weren't there so it seemed that way. If you put giant tires on anything it would have done decent on that course, it was a lot of weird sharp turns in which more tire (+ less weight) really helps.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
eage8

Post by eage8 »

saint_foo wrote:Anyone find an iPhone? Someone emailed me they might've lost it at the event.

thx,

Ed O
Denise already made a thread :(

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=833
-Mike #887

hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

defylogik wrote:Some pics from heat one. I have a ton more, but these are the ones that i thought were the best. Heat ONE only though - Got lazy and stopped taking pics. PM me if you want the 12megapixel RAW versions.

linky link link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/scottmerker ... LXgUn62iXA#

(Anyone know how to keep picasa from desaturating the uploaded photos?)
Thanks for the pics! my dad and i were in his green neon... he will really appreciate these!!
Last edited by hufflepuff on Mon May 10, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
kcook

Post by kcook »

does anyone know who the photographer was from saturday? He was wearing white I believe and had a tripod about 4 ft tall.
moto-ufo
Car: 2006 Mazda MX-5
CDC Member#: 492

Post by moto-ufo »

kcook wrote:does anyone know who the photographer was from saturday? He was wearing white I believe and had a tripod about 4 ft tall.
I heard him say that his two sons were driving...that's all I know.
-Brian
eage8

Post by eage8 »

Here is some video I took of my runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bNzCN7J-aY

it's of my 3rd run of the morning which was a 35.50 and my first 2 in the afternoon which I don't really know what they were... (forgot to look at my sheet).
-Mike #887

Spaz_Attack
Car: A used rally car
CDC Member#: 473

Post by Spaz_Attack »

kcook wrote:does anyone know who the photographer was from saturday? He was wearing white I believe and had a tripod about 4 ft tall.
That sounds like my dad. I have been trying to remember to get the videos from him so I can upload them to youtube, but I have had a bunch of stuff going on.

PS the other son was my younger brother Gaelan Nelson in the WRB 86 VW Golf with some crazy 8 valve block with 16 valve heads on it.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

There have been no requests for corrections in several days so we've finalized the CDC results and made them official. They're now available for download in Microsoft Excel .xls, Adobe Acrobat .pdf formats on the Results page. And of course you can always see the "live" file on GoogleDocs at any time.
Bigbacon
Car: 2006 RX8 GT/87 Toyota MR2
CDC Member#: 611

Post by Bigbacon »

link isn't there yet.... but you can get the results..

http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/archi ... esults.xls
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Bigbacon wrote:link isn't there yet....
Look again. Your browser is probably loading an old page from cache. This is why the official results page instructs visitors to "Be sure to force a page refresh to see the latest results file (CTRL + F5, Apple + R, CTRL +R, etc.)"