Summit Point Auto-X 6-12

Parking lots and traffic cones.
etherpool
Car: 2004 Mini Cooper S
CDC Member#: 335

Summit Point Auto-X 6-12

Post by etherpool »

For those of you who miss Summit Point (if there are any of you!! :lol: ) NCCAutocross is having an event there next weekend. Details below.

By etherpool at 2010-02-21

NCC Autocross will host its fourth points event of the year on June 12th, 2010 at the Summit Point Motorsport Park (Washington Circuit) in Summit Point, WV.

Online registration is $30.00 for members / $35.00 for non-members.
All walk-up registrations will be charged $35.00 for members / $40.00 for non-members.

Registration opens 12:00 AM on Saturday, May 22nd, 2010. You can register online, ahead of time, and get a $5 discount. Online registration is highly encouraged and save you from waiting in line! Or, if its a last minute decision, you can still walk-up. Walk-up registrations will be for PM session only! Registration closes 11:59 PM on Thursday, June 10th, 2010.

Breakdown:
Online Registration (BMWCCA Member): $30.00
Online Registration (Non-Member): $35.00
Walk-up Registration (BMWCCA Member): $35.00
Walk-up Registration (Non-Member): $40.00

Follow Link to Register:
http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbmwcc ... &LMID=2912

The NCC Autocross program uses a BMW-centric customized classing structure which pits your BMW or MINI against similar performance models in 3 levels of trim: Showroom, Tuner, and Modified. There is also a simple classing structure for non-BMW competitors. You can check out the full details at nccautocross.com.

Our program is beginner friendly, offering in-car instruction, guided course walks, and a dedicated group of organizers who are happy to answer any questions you might have or show you the ropes. Also, there are free loaner helmets available for use, so if you don't have your own helmet there is no need to go out and buy or rent one just to get a few fun runs in!

Summit Point is a great venue with lots of things to do throughout the day. Our events promote a great social gathering of all ages and all cars. So whether you're a longtime BMW CCA veteran or never been to an autocross before, come check it all out online at our website: http://www.nccautocross.com.

Please contact us with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions. Please use our message board at http://www.nccautocross.com/ to post any questions you may have.

See you on the 12th!

Summit Point Motorsport Park (Washington Circuit) - 201 Motorsport Park Circle, Summit Point, West Virginia, 25446

Event Schedule:

7:45am - Facility Opens to the Public
8:00am - Tech Inspection Opens
8:30am - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
8:50am - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
9:00am - Tech Inspection Closes
9:10am - Course Closes
9:15am - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
9:30am - First Car Off

11:30am - Tech Inspection Opens
12:00pm - Registration Opens for Walk-Up Registrations (or after Final Car Finished from AM event)
12:00pm - Course Opens for Walkthroughs (or when otherwise announced)
12:20pm - Novice Drivers Meeting followed by Novice Course Walk
12:30pm - Tech Inspection Closes
12:40pm - Course Closes
12:45pm - Mandatory All Drivers Meeting
1:00pm - First Car Off

Driver entry list can be found here: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/drivers. ... &LMID=2913

*As always, event schedule is subject to change. Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Gonz
CDC Member#: 12

Re: Summit Point Auto-X 6-12

Post by Gonz »

please be aware, it's not like it used to be when CDC ran there.
1/3 of the Washington Circuit is now closed off to autocrossing due to the karting activities that take place regularly on the lot. BMW doesn't get to use the entir lot.
etherpool

Post by etherpool »

Gonz wrote:please be aware, it's not like it used to be when CDC ran there.
1/3 of the Washington Circuit is now closed off to autocrossing due to the karting activities that take place regularly on the lot. BMW doesn't get to use the entir lot.
Well kinda. I ran there with CDC and it's not that different from when CDC ran there (except the grip is better!) :D The only section that we haven't been able to use is an area in the middle where they keep the carts. We set our gates wide of where they have the tire bumpers up so we obviously can't use the curbs in all areas. We still use the skidpads at both ends (one for grid usually) and circle in and out of 80% of the course. We just don't cut across the middle like we used to.
saint_foo

Post by saint_foo »

How many runs? Just morning or afternoon only?
etherpool

Post by etherpool »

4 runs for either morning or afternoon session. You can register for both if you like! :lol:
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Yeah the karts only cut out a small portion of the lot, still plenty of space. The last event BMW held there I was shifting into 3rd gear!!. Never in my 4+ years of autoxing have I ever even bounced off the limiter, let alone had to shift haha. It was a ton of fun, Sam has been coming up with some of the best course designs all year. Oh and I ran SP once last year with CDC, the last event there, and yes it was slick. BUT, BMW held an event there not long ago and there was tons more grip. Definitely worth going out to IMO. The past couple BMW events, there were around 100 people registered and running, it has also been very well ran which makes the day go by very fast and we've ended up getting 4 extra fun runs! I hope this is the case again for this event.

I'll be there, just haven't registered yet...
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

I would definitely come out, but I'll be across summit point at the national rallycross all weekend :)

I'll probably come stop by during lunch and hang out for a bit and see how much it's changed.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

Here's another vote for BMW at SP. AJ said it was fast, but he should have said it was bad fast. I brought the Mazdaspeed and not only was I shifting to 3rd, I was in 3rd still with the foot on the floor for a couple fairly long stretches. In that car, that's gettin goin. I'd love to go back for more but my weekend work schedule is not SP friendly, especially with AI on Sunday.
AJ_RDR_Civic
Car: '95 Honda Civic EX
CDC Member#: 0

Post by AJ_RDR_Civic »

Lol I thought it was a safe, good fast. Granted I only got close to about 70mph, it was still controllable heading into the horseshoe. Judging by the test & tune event they held there last Friday, they might come up with a very similar, interesting course design(optional horseshoe directions). Atleast that's my hope because that looked pretty sweet.
Claff
Car: many Miatas!
CDC Member#: 793

Post by Claff »

AJ_RDR_Civic wrote:Lol I thought it was a safe, good fast.
Poor wording on my part - I meant "bad fast" as in "bad-ass fast". No complaints here!

The wife says we could probably go to SP after all on Saturday, though I'll be pretty pooped. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

Just the atmosphere at summit makes it worth the trip and I think the course is tons of fun. Wish I could make it this weekend.
Ryan P
flohtingPoint
Car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS
CDC Member#: 485

Post by flohtingPoint »

I got to figure out how Hoosiers handle standing water that day. It was rather different turning the wheel and only moving laterally at like 10 mph.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

I got to treat my miata to a European mud spa treatment... =)
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr