James Wood High School

Parking lots and traffic cones.
bugman1964

James Wood High School

Post by bugman1964 »

So what did you guys think of the new track?
I though the surface grip was pretty decent once the race line got swept of debri. I also like how it is so long so it will give a change of pace from our normal tight lots. But what did you guys think?
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Re: James Wood High School

Post by 03threefiftyz »

Loved it.....had a blast!
Imprezive_04
Car: 99 FRC\EvoX
CDC Member#: 317

Post by Imprezive_04 »

I agree the course was a lot of fun!
Ryan P
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

I haven't autocrossed on that lot for 6 years. IT A WAS BETTER THAN I REMEMBER! Mike utilized the parking lot to it's potential and I think it's well worth the drive.

Those that didn't attend today missed a great event, with perfect weather and 8 runs!

I just hope the weather is good for the next event there (actually I hope for the same thing for every CDC event).

The dates we have are during the summer. We can probably get more dates in the Fall (when school starts back). However, they would most likely be Sunday dates. Are people willing the attend CDC on Sundays?
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

I enjoyed the new lot and look forward to future possibilities and increased number of events. I think Sunday events are great as well Ed. Other than almost becoming a hood ornament for Wade it was a good day. Unfortunately I didn't take many photos as usual but will post the ones I did take. Vids are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin#gr ... B4EDF590BA

John
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
NAautoxer
Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si
CDC Member#: 0

Post by NAautoxer »

both my wife and i enjoyed ourselves. we will be back on the 17th. well, i know i well. she may be working at the orchard. had a fun time and the Fit surprised me again with actually how nimble it is!
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

Great autocross, the course was definitely pretty tricky, it kept me trying new lines until the last run to try to get through those hair pins haha. I loved the strait with the high speed slaloms, we don't usually have those at CDC and that lot was made for it. There was a lot of gravel, but the shape of the lot is a lot different than we're used to and should lead to some interesting courses. I'm looking forward to the next events :)
echan wrote:Are people willing the attend CDC on Sundays?
I think the calendar is already pretty full... it's getting hard for people to make room for so many events I think. If you add more dates attendance will probably start to suffer. But I would be more than happy to have more test and tunes :)
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
bellykat
Car: FFR Cobra Replica
CDC Member#: 139

Post by bellykat »

hepcatz wrote: almost becoming a hood ornament for Wade
If I had to pick a car to run me over, it'd totally be Wade's... ;)
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
J. Clarkson
phranquelynn
Car: Tic Tac
CDC Member#: 733

Post by phranquelynn »

had a great time today. was a haul to get out there for me. just a tad bit over 2 hours. miss bowie just because of that.

loved the lot though. except for the gravel.
echan wrote:Are people willing the attend CDC on Sundays?
i don't want to pit scca/ai vs cdc. but since you asked, i've already paid for the season for scca and will be going to those if cdc sunday dates conflict with scca sunday dates. but since there's plenty scca autocrossers who also run with cdc, i would think it would be a good idea to not schedule on the same day to not split attendance.
bellykat wrote: If I had to pick a car to run me over, it'd totally be Wade's... ;)
at least it would be quick
NAautoxer

Post by NAautoxer »

unless you get stuck..

i'd run sundays. especially there because it's a 15-20 minute drive for me..
freezingcoffee

Post by freezingcoffee »

I picked up a ford focus floormat today, if this is your car, I will have it with me next event. I was driving the silver s2000.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

phranquelynn wrote:i don't want to pit scca/ai vs cdc. but since you asked, i've already paid for the season for scca and will be going to those if cdc sunday dates conflict with scca sunday dates. but since there's plenty scca autocrossers who also run with cdc, i would think it would be a good idea to not schedule on the same day to not split attendance.
I agree. We should try our best not to conflict with other clubs. For that reason, we always try to run on Saturday. There has been dates in the past where we did run Sunday, based on when we can get a lot. In general, we get the lots when we can and determine if it's worth trying to run that date. If we think it worth trying, we rent the lot. That's how we get parking lots on Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July weekend (most other clubs aren't as crazy to take the lots on those dates).
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

bellykat wrote:
If I had to pick a car to run me over, it'd totally be Wade's... ;)
Awww...Jen...that's so sweet of you to say. :D :D

John - I have it on video...when run in slo-mo, you can just barely see the wet spot start to appear. :mrgreen:

Regarding the event....I thought it was awesome. Super nice course with tons of line choices and great utilization of the lot. Everything seemed to run really well and QUICK. It was nice getting home with enough time left to still make constructive use of the rest of the day.

Sunday events....no problem for me. I think as long as you're mindful of the SCCA schedule, you shouldn't have problems with attendance.
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Great lot--Any chance Winchester could run a street sweeper over it? Also a very good challenging course of the type that will force me to become a better driver. Also, I think that it would be a double-plus good thing to conflict as much as possible with the schedules of other clubs. I think Dave
V (Current chauffeur of the Fairy) will back me up on this...
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

Here's a vid of my best (36.98).......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsHkl-3Anw
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
BugBomb
Car: '02 Whorevette
CDC Member#: 33

Post by BugBomb »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here are the results so far. I am still updating the championship page. If you find any errors, please send me a private message or post in this thread.
Mike M
"There’s no way you can eat a hot pocket and do this." -Ed Chan
The views expressed herein are my own and are not intended to sound like a "dick."
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Wade- LMAO!Sure, sounds digitally enhanced to me. I'm glad you got ftd so I don't fee a total arse fudgin up one of your runs

Mike, thanks for posting the results so quick!
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
MazdaSC
Car: '06 Mazda MX-5 Gray
CDC Member#: 194

Post by MazdaSC »

I really like the lot, the course and how well things ran especially after combining the heats. Loaded two of my videos from the event: Run # 5 which was my best run for the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvR1JEQPaek

Run #6 which was going very well but got red flagged and I proceed to act like a total jerk afterward (first time I ever wanted to finish a red flagged run). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJGTw-XgYs
kcook

Post by kcook »

what was the redflag for?
MazdaSC
Car: '06 Mazda MX-5 Gray
CDC Member#: 194

Post by MazdaSC »

The car ahead of me wiped out the stop box, nothing out of the ordinary just bad timing for me.
J Wheelz

Post by J Wheelz »

As far as getting the gravel out of the lot i think some leaf blowers could take care of that, I know we used that or we had a mini street sweeper when we had our outdoor RC car track.

Another suggestion for added traction would it be possible to lay something like sugar water in the corners to improve grip. I doubt it would hurt the surface since it is only sugar water.
NAautoxer

Post by NAautoxer »

MazdaSC wrote:The car ahead of me wiped out the stop box, nothing out of the ordinary just bad timing for me.
yeah, sorry about that. i couldn't get to the cones in time and it looked like he may have moved the stop beams..
Jerry O

Post by Jerry O »

freezingcoffee wrote:I picked up a ford focus floormat today, if this is your car, I will have it with me next event. I was driving the silver s2000.
thanks. If you make the next one, that would be great. If not, that's fine too. I am glad I had my butt secured to my body or I would have forgotten that too.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

Here is my best run of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtBi1nhSpng

Frank, when are you going to post your video? I want to do a side-by-side comparison of our best runs.
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

I had a lot of fun on this lot. Here are some videos of my runs (4 of the 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJzWX7SWDPU
-- Jason