James Wood High School

Parking lots and traffic cones.
bugman1964

Re: James Wood High School

Post by bugman1964 »

Wade do you have the video of almost flattening john?
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

LOL....I do, but I don't think I'll post it....mostly out of respect for John, plus its R-rated. :mrgreen: Just think of a squirrel when he's caught in your path and can't make up his mind which way to run. :D
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
NAautoxer
Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si
CDC Member#: 0

Post by NAautoxer »

haha. nice. any decent pictures out there? saw some cameras..
ButtDyno
Car: 2006 Evo MR | 1999 ///M3
CDC Member#: 199

Post by ButtDyno »

So was the course design dictated by lightpoles or anything like that? It seemed rather figure-8'y, sorta like a bigger Harry Grove course.
Autocross. Serious business.
project:BDR
Unofficial CDC PAX Results page
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

ButtDyno wrote:So was the course design dictated by lightpoles or anything like that? It seemed rather figure-8'y, sorta like a bigger Harry Grove course.
No light poles in play. The first section had a sort of figure eight flare, but once you crossed over the crest....the second section was more technical starting with the slalom.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

It's going to be very hard on that lot to give a really long track time without any figure 8's or ovals since the lot is narrow and long. If it was as wide as it is long that would be a different issue.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

I liked the lot, a bit gravelly and slippery although that may have to do with me mounting a brand new set of tires the night before. I was not prepared for this event, lots of good rubbing on my fenders and I hope dunlops need break in time otherwise im actually quite disappointed in their grip.

Awesome seeing all the cobras out there, they make my day.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

I had a good time... the u-turns were punishing! The higher speed slalom was quite fun. I really like longer courses. The road surface was fairly banked and a little gravely, but the layout made it very fun.
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
ButtDyno

Post by ButtDyno »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:I liked the lot, a bit gravelly and slippery although that may have to do with me mounting a brand new set of tires the night before. I was not prepared for this event, lots of good rubbing on my fenders and I hope dunlops need break in time otherwise im actually quite disappointed in their grip.

Don't worry dude. The Star Specs always suck for their first event, even if you put a bunch of street miles on em first. What size are they that they're rubbing the fenders?
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

ButtDyno wrote:
D_Eclipse9916 wrote:I liked the lot, a bit gravelly and slippery although that may have to do with me mounting a brand new set of tires the night before. I was not prepared for this event, lots of good rubbing on my fenders and I hope dunlops need break in time otherwise im actually quite disappointed in their grip.

Don't worry dude. The Star Specs always suck for their first event, even if you put a bunch of street miles on em first. What size are they that they're rubbing the fenders?
Glad to hear I was like fawk, theres 650 down the drain. They are 255/40/17s. They are only rubbing by maybe a millimeter in the back cause the car has never been rolled or anything. I need to borrow a fender roller, but its only rubbing by about a millimeter so thinking of just borrowing a metal bat and doing a slight roll by pushing up the inner fender lip. I will be posting my videos shortly with my first run of the day, and then my two fastest runs.
03threefiftyz
Car: Nissan 350Z
CDC Member#: 533

Post by 03threefiftyz »

This was actually the first event I did on star specs as well....had similar first impression as you, but I've heard much the same as what ButtDyno says about them.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Videos up, first videos of my gopro. Wow youtube kills quality hah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MoU11GQi1c
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Videos up, first videos of my gopro. Wow youtube kills quality hah.

haha, if you change it to 480p and expand the window it actually looks pretty good.
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
ButtDyno

Post by ButtDyno »

Damn, seeing the vid makes me want to get my E36 out there too.

Maybe I'll throw the front bar on and run it instead...
Wade Chamberlain
Car: FFR Cobra, Vortech-blown
CDC Member#: 193

Post by Wade Chamberlain »

D_Eclipse9916 wrote:Videos up, first videos of my gopro. Wow youtube kills quality hah.

I thought the quality looks pretty good. Is that the HD?
Wade Chamberlain
FFR Cobra, CDC# 193
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:

YouTube will do 720P or 1080P video if you have source with that resolution. All of my vids from my ContourHD just show up as 1080P on YouTube and I think that the quality loss is imperceptible if there is any to begin with.
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

The official results have been posted to the CDC website Results page. For your convenience, the results are published in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat and GoogleDocs formats.
D_Eclipse9916

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Wade Chamberlain wrote:

Thanks guys, yeah its the GoPRO HD. Ill be loading to Vimeo next time but am very interested as to how somebody loaded 1080p or 720p. I recorded this one in 720p at 60fps so I could do slowdown stuff if I wanted to. For I think the autox vids im going to try this weekend at 1080p at 30fps just to see how it looks.
Dan133
Car: PruneJuice MazdaConeMower
CDC Member#: 133

Post by Dan133 »

Kyle-- you're still here! When will you make an event? Small bore is exciting this year and I know you are a Miata pilot.
Be fun, have safe! - Mike Moran
kyle.bowker
Site Admin
Car: 1991 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 91

Post by kyle.bowker »

Dan133 wrote:Kyle-- you're still here! When will you make an event? Small bore is exciting this year and I know you are a Miata pilot.
I'm registered for this weekend's event and will give it a go in Small Bore. Hopefully the weather holds out for us.
david.valeri
Car: 1994 Mazda Miata
CDC Member#: 22

Post by david.valeri »

Jim,

You were about 0.5-0.7 seconds quicker entering the sweeper right before you got flagged. Comparing your flagged run to my run, you were on pace to get the same time as me. Considering the fact that you are on street tires... I'm more than a little embarrassed by my performance (or lack there of).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyPkRthH5Jc

The video was still processing on YouTube when I posted this so if it looks like it was shot by the guy who made the bigfoot video, give it a couple minutes and it will be available in 1080P.
hepcatz
Car: '86 AE86 MillenniumFalcon
CDC Member#: 434

Post by hepcatz »

Lol, now you know I would have posted it. =) They won't mail me my dumb*@s merit badge without proof.
Wade Chamberlain wrote:LOL....I do, but I don't think I'll post it....mostly out of respect for John, plus its R-rated. :mrgreen: Just think of a squirrel when he's caught in your path and can't make up his mind which way to run. :D
Vegan Powered Racing
'08 Mazda MX5 "Slowe Azz" /'86 Toyota AE86 "Millennium Falcon"
52 ax =)
http://www.cafepress.com/autocrossr
m3chaser
Car: 2000 M Coupe

Post by m3chaser »

Hey guys,

Not sure where to post this so I will do so here. I want to go to the Hylton HS event but how do I register if I am not a member? Can I walk up? I read the FAQ but didn't say anything about non members being able to register before the event. I'm local (Woodbridge) and would like to make it out.
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Post by echan »

m3chaser wrote:Hey guys,

Not sure where to post this so I will do so here. I want to go to the Hylton HS event but how do I register if I am not a member? Can I walk up? I read the FAQ but didn't say anything about non members being able to register before the event. I'm local (Woodbridge) and would like to make it out.
If you are joining the club ($30 for membership), you can make a reservation now as a member, just use "0" as the member number AND type "I will be joining the club at this event." The total cost at the event will be $55 ($25 for entry fee and $30 for membership). Membership is good for 12 months from the time you join/renew with the club.

If you wish to participate as a non-member, you can wait for the "open" reservation period, which starts on Friday July 23rd. The total cost at the event as a non-member is $35.

Basically, if you think you'll attend 3 or more events, it better to join the club. Also if you attend the event as a non-member, but decide to join before you leave for the day (e.g. you already paid $35 as a non-member), you can join the club by paying an additional $20 (e.g. the total you end up paying is $55).

If you have any other comments or questions, e-mail me at capitaldriving@yahoo.com .

Ed
m3chaser
Car: 2000 M Coupe

Post by m3chaser »

Sweet! I'll just go ahead and join on Saturday so I can reserve a spot today. Thanks Ed!