Good luck to all

Parking lots and traffic cones.
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Good luck to all

Post by evolicious »

I wish everybody good luck with this racing season and possibly the next. My #2 piston oil ring cracked which scored the block :cry: , ie, overhaul time. The setup I'm going to run will be geared more towards road racing, but I'll give autox a try a few times when I get it back. I'm looking at about a year to maybe two for finished product, sooo, I'll see ya when I see ya.

Just wanted to say happy racing to all and I wish a safe season for everybody. Take care,
Matthew Manke #452
High on PSI
echan
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 4

Re: Good luck to all

Post by echan »

You can always pick up a cheap miata for cheap fun while you fix the EVO.

One of the guys just bought a 1994 miata r-package for only $1600. Another guy I know picked up an old MG Midget for $1400 to be finished in a few months (we'll see). Still another just bought a turbo miata for a few grand (not sure of the exact price but a great deal).

If I ever get my Sprite sorted out, I plan to rent it out to members for a nominal price so that they can still attend while their car is being fixed/in between cars/afraid to break car/etc.
bugman1964

Post by bugman1964 »

I'm sure some one would let you co drive matt.
The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the
views or policies of Capital Driving Club.
wrathe74
Car: 1974 Opel Manta
CDC Member#: 523

Post by wrathe74 »

Good luck with the new build. Sorry to hear about the piston :(

Your welcome to drive my car at any event I attend. I know its not a powerhouse or AWD, but it is fun....ask AJ, Ed O and Brian K.
-- Jason
eage8
Car: 89 RX7 TII 89 Corolla SR5
CDC Member#: 887

Post by eage8 »

That sucks... What are you plans for the new engine?
-Mike #887

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Rallycross Stock AWD
evolicious
Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution
CDC Member#: 452

Post by evolicious »

Thanks for the offers guys, I truly appreciate it, but I think I'm just going to take a break from everything and just spend some QT with the wifey and focus on some other things (figuring out what engine/turbo setup I'm gonna run ;) ). I can't buy a miata/whatever car due to the fact that I had to buy another car to DD. I was DD'ing the evo :? so I had to pick up something for a DD. I'm just now getting everything sorted out since this happened about a month or two ago.

I'll be in touch, especially when you guys come back up to Frederick...Hopefully someone could let me co-drive there :D

Take care,
Matt

P.S. My idea for the new engine is most likely going to be a built 2.0, ported head, other necessities to rev to 9k with a HTA3586R strapped to it. Completely opposite of what i have now basically. Who knows though, new stuff comes out so often, I've got plenty of time to pick a combo.
High on PSI
JoeTR6
Car: 1973 Triumph TR6
CDC Member#: 44

Post by JoeTR6 »

Good luck with the rebuild. Sounds like the smart move to take your time and plan things out. Come on out whenever you get the itch to drive.
hufflepuff
Car: 2005 Mazda RX-8
CDC Member#: 512

Post by hufflepuff »

It might be cheaper and more fun to stay with a close to stock engine and be able to attend more events. Especially for the road coursing, knowing i am well within the engine design limits gives me peace of mind when spending lots of time WOT.

Sorry to hear about the engine though, i had a moderately modded eclipse (4g63T) and i had a piston crack on me. Good luck!
'05 RX-8 - Autocross, HPDE, and Time Attack
'02 Neon - SCCA Rallycross & DD
http://www.youtube.com/mchuffman/
D_Eclipse9916
Car: 1999 BMW M3
CDC Member#: 486

Post by D_Eclipse9916 »

Ive had 2 built 4g63 engines and I can tell you, dont do it. Throw another stock one in there and just have fun. Built engines get expensive from the little things, and then your just like "well im in there" syndrome and it goes all down hill. Wish I had kept mine pretty much stock and just continued to beat the shit out of it like I did when I had the stock engine.